Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: rut deer movement  (Read 2037 times)

Offline stcspiderman1

Seems strage sept oct i had over 2000 pics lots bucks does. Been hunting this land for last 6yrs always gotten deer no problem for some reason i haven't seen nothing worth shooting i seen 4 does one spike buck i been putting some serious time in the woods. I have cut corn hey field. Everything around me is bedding just cant seem firgure out why i haven't seen nothing i firgure they are rutting leave does thinking a buck will be behind. Nothing.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
It's been slow seeing deer here as well. They seem to be moving only at night (I keep smoothing over the mud on the trail, and no tracks till I come back out before daybreak) I have been  catching them coming out of the swamp at days end, but just does and fawns. I believe the bucks are staying in until after dark.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!