Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 908914 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man all that stuff looks great!!! Was going to make some ribs as well but my wife wants some cheddar bacon egg salad tonight.  good luck.

Ok so what's the story with cheddar bacon egg salad???  That sounds great.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Back to lamburgeys w/Swiss. Had a little plum wood leftover from the pork chops so used that up. Absolutely gorgeous evening after getting missed by the rain. A little slaw, some cottage cheese, a little BBQ sauce or dipping and we were golden. Wife whined that they weren't done enough so they were just right!  :happy1:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Looks wunnerful, Dotcheroony!  :happy1: Wimmen always gotta grill meat beyond oblivion....next time she says the burgers are too rare, put a briquet on a bun and cover it with some pickles and mustard.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A nice big ribeye is on my list.  Just ordered a ribeye loin from the meat market at the local grocery store.  They have good meat there and I know the butcher.  Good guy.  Ribeyes and NY Strips are going for $7.99 lb which is a good deal here.  They cut them for me and then we vac pack them individually at home.  I just called and said to cut me the biggest one they have...    sleazy-422.gif

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's the way to go LPS!!! :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds awesome LPS. Prices sound in line too.

I like yer thinking Reb. I mean seriously, does this look too rare to you? And this was probably the least done which is why I grabbed it. 1st they gripe that it takes too long then they gripe that it didn't take long enough! Never satisfied I tell ya!
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
but your man pants on boys!!!!!!!!! my wife snivels about my cooking i tell her to do it herself!!!!!!!!!!!! and walk away! :bonk: i show her who's boss!!!!!!!!! :kingscourt: :ustroops: :army: :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
but your man pants on boys!!!!!!!!! my wife snivels about my cooking i tell her to do it herself!!!!!!!!!!!! and walk away! :bonk: i show her who's boss!!!!!!!!! :kingscourt: :ustroops: :army: :happy1: :happy1:

yea what ever, in your dreams!!!!!    :rotflmao: :bs:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Ya, you did...once.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds awesome LPS. Prices sound in line too.

I like yer thinking Reb. I mean seriously, does this look too rare to you? And this was probably the least done which is why I grabbed it. 1st they gripe that it takes too long then they gripe that it didn't take long enough! Never satisfied I tell ya!

Actually, I like it a bit darker (rarer) than that, Dotch. Yer wife wouldn't eat my burglars..... :tongue:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
aw bot of ya go play in traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :censored: :moon: :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Ya sure, you betcha...

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks perfect to me Dotch. :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Those lamb burgers look just fine to me.  I've been doing the cooking most of my life.  Not too many complains except that my wife say's that I don't know how to cook for 3 people just crowds.  Ya I do make too much that's for sure.  My wife is getting a little more fussier now I've noticed.  I would say that I'm going to make this or that and she would find some ingredient in the meal that she doesn't care for.  I told her that for years she has never said a word about that.  So now she is on that fancy phone and saving recipes for me to try.  Which is ok with me.  Always like to try new stuff.  So maybe as we get older our taste buds get wiser.  The reason I make my own BBQ sauce is because my wife doesn't like the commercial stuff.  She doesn't like cucumbers and I love them, and so it goes.  Just eat them by myself, no big deal.  good luck.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
You have my sympathy.   My wife doesn't like food with perceptible pink in the center.   I even have to sous vide steak in two stages.... medium well for her, like 145 or 150 degrees and then like 130 for me.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Haveta agree with ya, RH.I think most good cooks always cook more than "needed"...kinda like drinkin' beer.  ;)
Glad ya mentioned coocumbers....had to dig thru my summertime folder for my 'cukes in sauce recipe, perfect thing to go along with those ribs or whatever...came up with this way back in Summer '95.  ( I date all  my recipes)  :tongue:

Reb's 'Cukes in sauce (Makes enough for two)

1 very large cucumber
1 medium purple onion
1/2 cup miracle whip  (NOT lite!)
1 cup good sour cream
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp dill weed
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup WHITE vinegar

Peel and slice the cuke's very thin 
Slice the onion very thin , horizontally into "rounds"...cut those in half , so you end up thin "strips'

Combine all ingredients except 'cukes and onion, slowly mixing well. Do not stir the heck out of it; it'll thin out. Fold in 'cukes and onions, cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours, stirring it a couple times. Enjoy!  :azn:

Del, you can just have a celery stalk with ricotta... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/12/17, 08:46:00 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the recipe Reb!!  I'll give a try.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I betcha you'll love it!! Let us know!  :azn:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that sounds good Rebs,  yes RH it is hard to cook small portions only.  so it's a good thing I like left overs!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I love cukes too.  Cool them off in the frig and peel them and eat like an apple or slice and put salad dressing on them.  Rebs your recipe looks great.  I will try it. Thanks

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No prob. I love sharing my recipes.  :azn:

Sweet 'n sour plum glazed chicken on the grill for tonite... :tongue:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
cukes from the fridge with salt on them!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Like your recipe too Reb and I notice that it contains Miracle Whip and not that gawd awful worthless mayonnaise! :happy1: Wheel bearing grease has more flavor than mayonnaise!  :puke:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I detest anything with the word MAYO in it.  ;)  I think white lithium is a direct substituted for that sh** . 
« Last Edit: May 05/12/17, 03:48:08 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Started with a salad with all the fixin's and some blue cheese dressing...then the sweet 'n sour plum chicken with some fresh spring salad, and some nice big green tops and fresh radishes....the juice just ran outta that chicken.  :tongue:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
blue cheese too!!!!  nice!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Shish kaboobs tonite!  :tongue: