Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 901205 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks awesome Bob.  So what temp did you do that at?  I have yet to do a fresh brisket.  I need to just jump in and do one.  Do you sauce or rub them?

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
They've come down in price also. Usually rub the night before but this one got seasoned early this morning. Knowing I had time I started it at 200 for the first 3 hrs then bumped it to 225 and that's the highest I went. 6lb was a good size for us, we cut it with forks it was so tender.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
don't forget to ship mine to me!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

I'll let dotch take care of it... :sleazy:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

I'll let dotch take care of it... :sleazy:

so when did you and Dotch get so chumy???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Fried taters n pork choppers tonight. Had to break out the head lamp to see but its safe to say I need to re season the cast iron. Everything stuck to it,  which was fine by me but the ladies did some snickering.  Oh well win some lose some, no running needed tonight!!  :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That's OK boober. I'm in the middle of an article and I'm hungry. Still looks pretty damn good to me. And machines that they are, them wimmens gotta take a night off & give a guy a break once in a while... :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
In yet another episode of "too nice not to grill", grabbed some burger at Morgan's on the way home. Ruby had me closely supervised and after a day pf Christmas decorating, was pretty sure Mrs. Cheviot would be ready to sink her talons in and have her way with me. Once again, with Gopher hockey serving as a diversion and food overload, she went down for the count quickly. Thus I could reflect on the day in peace while pulling on a Rangpur & tonic.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/10/20, 09:06:51 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Might be the last chance for me to grill before Christmas. Or not. Had some T bones tonite so with the Mrs. working late I was able to slip them in under the wire. Along with a cocktail or two of course!  :happy1: I then played possum for the rest of the evening, climbing high into an ash tree. :huh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: hey we got those same plates  :confused: but unfortunately we aren't special enough to have them pioneer knives. :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good looking steaks Dotch!!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: hey we got those same plates  :confused: but unfortunately we aren't special enough to have them pioneer knives. :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

heh, heh, heh...Smurfette: "Honey, what's in the package that came in the mail today?"

Glenn: "Oh wow! It's those classy steak knives Dotch sent me!"  :azn:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea, the last few weeks there have been all kinds of UPS, Fedex, speedy  delivery, even the USPS, driving past he house and stopping at the 2 neighbors, and its everyday...........and i tremble everytime, wondering what kind of surprise i might be in store for now!!!! :doah: :scratch: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well tonights fine dining menu will consist of grilled burglers, and ore ida seasoned fries.

biggest question, fried or raw onion. oh and i put an egg, oatmeal, diced onion cajon and montreal steak seasoning in the burger and is melding in the frig!!!!

and of course topped off with natures honey...............KATHCUP!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
interesting sounding burger..... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
interesting sounding burger.....
I grew up with that mixed in the burger. Guess it was the old way if making the burger stretch.

I have my burger wrapped in 1 1/2 lb package. Maybe use a handful of of oatmeal. I like the flavor. The seasonings is a glenn special. :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2 different seasonings??  why??  those 2 are way different...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ok, just an interesting combo I was thinking...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea, the last few weeks there have been all kinds of UPS, Fedex, speedy  delivery, even the USPS, driving past he house and stopping at the 2 neighbors, and its everyday...........and i tremble everytime, wondering what kind of surprise i might be in store for now!!!! :doah: :scratch: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Is it kind of sad to not have them stop and deliver stuff at your house?  They always stop here.  Love it.  We do still shop local too.  Only buy online what we can't get here.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well for supper I took some baby yellow potato's cut in 1/2, mushrooms, onions and a pork tenderloin on the grill..  foil wrapped, oiled up with course salt and pepper..  very tasty... 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds tasty Mike,  might have to try it soon. Took a page otta Dotch's book and grilled under the lights, even tho it was only 5 o'clock.  Always took myself as a thigh guy but one can't turn down a little leg now and then  :surrender: . Pretty simple meal with cheesy broccoli and a side salad.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I do agree with ya on all counts Bobber!!!!   :happy1: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Friday nite under the lights! Mrs. Cheviot laid low by burger before she could get me in her clutches. Gotta love it! Ruby riding shotgun & keeping those G&T's coming.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
If all the shopping momma and I did don't slow her down a brat  with fries and kapn kens beans will... Should be able to watch a flick in peace tonight.   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Friday nite under the lights! Mrs. Cheviot laid low by burger before she could get me in her clutches. Gotta love it! Ruby riding shotgun & keeping those G&T's coming.

Dotch,you forgot the cottage cheese,most important is the cocktail in arms reach,good job.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
If all the shopping momma and I did don't slow her down a brat  with fries and kapn kens beans will... Should be able to watch a flick in peace tonight.   :happy1:

Hope she didn't bother ya boober! Ya picked a good nite to watch flicks. We got back to the motel room that nite and The Outlaw Josey Wales was on, followed by Unforgiven and High Plains Drifter. Too bad I zonked out during the first one.  :sad:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just grilled up some Italian sausage and were they good!  gor some chicken thighs on the grill now...   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been thinking about cooking some chicken tomorrow night.  I'm thinking Shake and Bake in the oven.  Haven't done that in a long time and it is pretty good. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been thinking about cooking some chicken tomorrow night.  I'm thinking Shake and Bake in the oven.  Haven't done that in a long time and it is pretty good.
I was going to go that route, but changed my mind!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:  that darn good too!!   :happy1: