Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900274 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good lord Mike,  your always makin me hungry!!  :happy1: do I dare look at the fryer thread??
sure, it's just Dotch screwing up his food in there anyway. :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:tut: :tut: :tut: Careful what you wish for...my buddy and I once mailed our other roommate a couple slices of burned toast. He'd ruin it then dump it in the sink into a frying pan full of water. It'd expand to the size of a rubber raft then he'd expect us to clean it up! I am a seasoned pro at mailing tortured cuisine... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Pork loin fillets, one mesquite & the other lemon pepper,  done indirect on the Weber w/cherry wood charcoal. Baked taters & mixed veggies (think these were Fareway). Mrs. Cheviot was lusting after me during the entire cooking process. I was able to resist her advances once again, especially once the food was ready & hit bottom. One more reason not to overcook... :happy1:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Grilled the last couple lbs. of lamburger we had and they didn't disappoint. Neither did the first rhubarb pie of the season. Of course I had to disappoint Mrs. Cheviot but like I told her, I'm saving myself for when the time is right.  :happy1: 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good Dotch.  Trying to decide it I should grill steaks later on or do a rack of baby backs on the smoker.  Tough decision. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Grilled the last couple lbs. of lamburger we had and they didn't disappoint. Neither did the first rhubarb pie of the season. Of course I had to disappoint Mrs. Cheviot but like I told her, I'm saving myself for when the time is right.  :happy1:
looks good there bud, BUT........what ya do?? bump your dadburn head!!!!!! :pouty: :rolleyes: saving yourself!!!!!!!!!!! :doah: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a nice thick NY Strip all rubbed with spices and drizzled with olive oil and sitting to meld until after the Twins game.  The wife is going to make a nice salad and I got a new bottle of Tuscan Italian dressing for it.  Man I like that stuff.  :sleazy: 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
looks good there bud, BUT........what ya do?? bump your dadburn head!!!!!! :pouty: :rolleyes: saving yourself!!!!!!!!!!! :doah: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I just don't want her to think I'm easy like you!  :rotflmao:

And BTW, those were SWEET PICKLES on my plate. If only I'd had some COTTAGE CHEESE to go with them!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/25/21, 03:42:50 PM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:doofus: :tut: :crazy: :crazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I just don't want her to think I'm easy like you!  :rotflmao:

And BTW, those were SWEET PICKLES on my plate. If only I'd had some COTTAGE CHEESE to go with them!  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Grilled pork steaks, hash browns and corn. :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no katchup?????? 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: not on pork steaks silly. :tut: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hash browns............... :puke:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Went Morgan's for what might be the last time, at least as it's named right now. One of the new owners was there so things are transitioning. Dean gave me a deal on T bones & who am I to pass up a deal?  :confused: Mrs. Cheviot was absent so Ruby & I had the place to ourselves last nite. Ruby loves steak fat; she's all over it when we grill.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/01/21, 09:30:48 AM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I sure enjoy a good grilled t-bone!!!!  top sirloin too!!! 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too Mike.

or a  great tasting venison loin!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh yeah, those to for sure! :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok you convinced me, we are having a NY strip tonight on the grill.  That is one nice looking T Bone.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Went Morgan's for what might be the last time, at least as it's named right now. One of the new owners was there so things are transitioning. Dean gave me a deal on T bones & who am I to pass up a deal?  :confused: Mrs. Cheviot was absent so Ruby & I had the place to ourselves last nite. Ruby loves steak fat; she's all over it when we grill.  :happy1:
you and the dog sure eat good when the wife is gone. :confused: :rolleyes:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a fine looking plate Dotch, and to boot no need to run and do your best impression of Al Bundy on the couch afterwards!  :happy1: Were also having steaks tonight,  baked tater and a side salad, might hafta take the pooches fer a walk as a distraction..

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My first try at using the smoker my son gave me for my birthday. I put it in the brine my wife whipped up for about 8 hours then let it dry in the cool breeze. Set the electric smoker to 160 threw in some wood chips and poured in the brine solution.  Not sure how long it takes to reach 160 degrees so I will just take a chance. Not sure if I have all the time you need to cook with one of these things but we will see.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
What did you put in the smoker DE, and the brine went in also.. :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh Geez DE...  You don't smoke the brine.  You soak the meat in it.  LOL You are going to have to slow down about 3 notches to enjoy the demanding art of smoking!!!  You can do it.  Got a lawn chair?    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:  Have fun.  Feels good to have something come out and taste great, or even ok.  It is a learning experience, forever.  Better get some beer too if you want to excel in the artform. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
plus to get it to 160 you will have to turn up the temp some time... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I smoke almost everything at about 225 - 250.  That takes ribs 4 - 5 hours to get tender and done. 

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I smoke almost everything at about 225 - 250.  That takes ribs 4 - 5 hours to get tender and done.

X2

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
X3.  225 and my dry rub, baby back ribs take about 6 hours.

DE, please do check out this guy.  Great recipes and techniques.  He tells you what to do and why. 

https://amazingribs.com/

How To Make The Best BBQ Ribs You Have Ever Tasted: Last Meal Ribs

Meathead’s World Famous Memphis Dust Rub Recipe

What You Need to Know About Wood, Smoke, And Combustion
« Last Edit: May 05/04/21, 07:45:14 AM by Steve-o »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Ya but think how many more G&T's a guy could consume set at 160!  :rotflmao: