Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Mineral stations  (Read 2914 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
For some reason these all look the same.  Pictures are of just resupplied mineral stations.
We have 11 of these on our property.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
What exactly do you prefer to use?
I see a brown cattle mineral block...but what is all the white powder?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i gota get out an cchecck.a ffew sites to looms like its that deer cco ccain. i lime to use that. i ve said beffore theyve dug a hole 2 fft deep and 3 ffet accross. ccrazy
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
White powder, what white powder.  Normally I put half block of both trace minerals and salt along with 6-8 pounds of "Marties Mineral Mayhem" at each site.  This time I used cattle salt because I acquired five 5 gallon pails of it due to broken bags.  So, the white "powder" is just plain salt.

Not all mineral station visitors are the desirable kind.

Offline ray634

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I used the trace mineral blocks for a lot of my mineral licks. Last year I tried the mineral rock at fleet farm. The deer spend a lot of time at them and are eating the pine stump I have one rock on and have hammered another stump at a new location. I also have some 3006 from whitetail institute to put out

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I got mine done today, and started a new one. Just bouhht the Champion brand from Fleet Farm....nuth'in special.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Not sure why you guys need to feed all this stuff to deer. I got no problem getting deer!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :whistling: :fudd: :fudd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's just something we do.  Like food plots, trails etc.  It extends the season and keeps us in touch with the deer all year round.  Then we shoot them.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Not sure why you guys need to feed all this stuff to deer. I got no problem getting deer!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :whistling: :fudd: :fudd:

HUH????????
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
It's just something we do.  Like food plots, trails etc.  It extends the season and keeps us in touch with the deer all year round.  Then we shoot them.
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: I hear ya deadeye. Tough to do up in the big woods in Itasca county!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!