Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Working up the plot...  (Read 4394 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
It's amazing what you find when plowing a field...
Dang gophers.....

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
It's amazing what you find when plowing a field...
Dang gophers.....
Titleist??? Must be da general thinkin he can get more distance with out da slice an a cheap ball??EH? :scratch: :doah:
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Got it all disced, and dragged with a fence panel. Today will be the seed and fertilizer.

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice looking Farmall.  What model is that? 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

That one is a super M, I got an H too, but I gotta put a clutch in it.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool I have always liked them. 

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman

That one is a super M, I got an H too, but I gotta put a clutch in it.
Is it the H that has the front trike tires?? I had one a 1947 back when I lived south a Duluth with a old horse drawn grader.Grader was so light we put a 36 inch diameter 8ft long oak log on it to hold it down on the driveway!! Still didnt do to well so I found a 1951 D4 cat that did the trick. but with out a tilt blade it was a witch to crown a road 1500 ft long! for some reason I kinda remember a model F farmall???? Was their a F model??
« Last Edit: July 07/16/16, 02:24:29 PM by dew2 »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I've worked on A LOT of tractors, and repainted a few hundred. But, I never seen a "F"
I rebuilt a "G" and that thing was a TANK! Big steel wheels, with huge spikes welded on for traction. Real heavy body and frame.
Farmall C 's are popular for mowing large lawns, with a "woods" mower attachments.
Most Farmalls had narrow front ends (2 wheels in a V shape) You could buy an aftermarket front end (most popular is the Schwartz front end) to spread out yur wheelbase.
My H has the narrow front end, and I mostly used it for pulling the hay wagon.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is my 1951 WD Allis.  Sure is handy to have around here.  I have 20 acres some trees some pasture.  I do some mowing in the pasture when the greenery gets too long.  It is also nice to push back the snow banks with it after I have plowed with the Wheeler a few times.  I think it is a Swartz front end.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is the front view.  I take the bucket off so I can see better while mowing.  I put two 2 x 4's on the long hydraulic sylinders to keep them up while I put the PTO on the mower instead of the hydraulic pump for the loader. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So HD since you are a tractor guy....   Have you ever used the hand cranking shaft off the front to use as a shaft to run a hydraulic PTO pump?  I have seen that done.  Then the back PTO is available to use for other things. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
WD's are nice tractors! Always liked Allis tractors,  but they made crappy haybines.
Most tractors I've seen with the front mount pto pumps were the Ford 8N's & 9N's
Not sure off hand if they make an adapter for a WD, but they probably do.
You could mount a bank of lever valves up by the steering wheel to do different things. That would be cheaper than a separate pump.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Cool stuff! Id love to have a small farmall to do some plots and trail mowing.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The issue HD is that my hydraulic pump is on the pto shaft.  Then if I want to use my mower I have to take the pump off and sit it on my back shelf to hook the mower up to the pto shaft.  Not a real big deal but would be nice to have both at the same time.   I really like the hand clutch on the WD.  If I get into some real thick thistles and it is bogging the mower down I can just slow the tractor down using the hand lever.  I smile everytime.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just walked out to my food plot and there are lots of 1" tall Brasiccas in that area and lots of little clovers and alfalfas coming up too in that area...     :happy1: ;)   Just got home from the Falls with plywood to make the deer stand on my extra trailer for the fall hunt.....   

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
LPS?  You don't have an internal pump? :scratch:
Where is your reservoir located? Is that external as well?
Some WD'S had external tanks with the bank of levers mounted on the fender to operate a bucket lift, bucket tilt, and hydraulics to operate the 3 point (if you have that) or whatever  you ran out the back like a cylinder for raising and lowering a hay cutter.

Anyways, I  got my plot all planted...and I  tried something different this year. When I  get  off my phone , I'll post what I  planted.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman

Anyways, I  got my plot all planted...and I  tried something different this year. When I  get  off my phone , I'll post what I  planted.
Kool I was gonna ask days ago what you would plant midsummer?? Gooin to the dry days.Well used to be dry but recently soaked!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
The mix that I  put down can be planted late July into early August. It's a mixture of tunips, kale, radish, clover, winter peas and some ryegrass.
The ryegrass, I could do without....but it came in the mix. I planted it because I won't have anymore free time till September, and that would be to late.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good job HD.  I checked my plot yesterday and everything is now thicker than when I chcekced it a week ago.  I was a little worried I didn't put it on thick enough.  I feel good about it now.  Even though it is on high ground the ground was wet when I walked on it.

My WD has the reservoir in the frame of the loader.  Hoses come off the bottom of that and go to the pump that sits on the PTO shaft.  Levers are on the left fender.  The raising the 3 pt lever is on the steering shaft as is the throttle.  That does run from the internal pump. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
You should have auxiliary ports on the side of the body for hydraulics. Then it's a matter if you have enough oil in the reservoir to support all your attachments.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Bad picture, but there are 3 deer in the plot this morning.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a lone doe at mine.  Also a doe with twin fawns got run over a couple of weeks ago.  The twin fawns that still have some spots are nibbling at my plot.  Glad they are big enough to survive without mama.  I put some horse feed out too hoping it helps them some.