Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Any sled rides planned this winter?  (Read 6926 times)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure hope we get some snow soon. Would like to hit the Northshore trail but heard is still a bit rough.

Anyone been out yet and what kind of snow are you seeing?
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
White!!! :toast: :swords: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laughroll: sorry Reb dared me!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
WHAT???!! Why you little rotten...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure hope we get some snow soon. Would like to hit the Northshore trail but heard is still a bit rough.

Anyone been out yet and what kind of snow are you seeing?

Well if there are any real snowmobilers out there I will keep trying to ask meaningful questions about sledding. Despite the flakes that may drift in and out of this thread.  :happy1:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
White!!! :toast: :swords: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laughroll: sorry Reb dared me!

A little something I picked up on another site. I wonder if it would apply here?  :coffee:

1 warning point
No restrictions being applied
1 Being disrespectful-sarcastic to someone sharing info.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OK....OK.... Sheez can't even have no fun no more. :doah: :cry: :cry: over in the cabin area, grand rapids and west there was a good amount of snow but the trails I did see were rough looking. The ditches looked fun though!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I' better warm up my big red button over there....being a Mod can be fun!!!  :rotflmao: ;)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
OK....OK.... Sheez can't even have no fun no more. :doah: :cry: :cry: over in the cabin area, grand rapids and west there was a good amount of snow but the trails I did see were rough looking. The ditches looked fun though!

Hey, thanks for the snow report!  ;)

Oh, and in 3 more days my year long Warning is up on that other site. Then I'll have room for a new one!  :party1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Hey, thanks for the snow report!  ;)

Oh, and in 3 more days my year long Warning is up on that other site. Then I'll have room for a new one!  :party1:
[/quot

Maybe...maybe not... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/06/17, 09:24:57 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No snowflakes down here...just cold.  ;D

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Yeah it would be tough on the hyfax around here.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We're pretty good on snow up near lake of the woods now. We have 3 sleds, the wife and I have sleds and out 12 yr old (our baby boy) has a sled. He just got his snowmobile safety cert so we will be doing more trail running this winter. We have a trail right across our driveway which is really nice, we can hop on the trail system right from home. We can run out to lake of the woods or down to a really pretty forest area where we have a rustic "off the grid" cabin. We may do some rides from our cabin this winter.

Other plans are to meet up with my brother and his wife for some riding in the vermillion area on up to ely area.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
We're pretty good on snow up near lake of the woods now. We have 3 sleds, the wife and I have sleds and out 12 yr old (our baby boy) has a sled. He just got his snowmobile safety cert so we will be doing more trail running this winter. We have a trail right across our driveway which is really nice, we can hop on the trail system right from home. We can run out to lake of the woods or down to a really pretty forest area where we have a rustic "off the grid" cabin. We may do some rides from our cabin this winter.

Other plans are to meet up with my brother and his wife for some riding in the vermillion area on up to ely area.

Sounds like fun. A few of us hit the Ely or North Shore trails a few times a year. I also use my sled for a lot of ice fishing.

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I ice fished a bunch with sleds in my 20's and 30's. I suppose it wouldn't kill me to chase after the fish like I used to.

I'm going to dig my sled out of storage tomorrow. My son and my wife's sleds are already out and ready to go.

I'd love to do a north shore ride, I think that would be the best in the state.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I ice fished a bunch with sleds in my 20's and 30's. I suppose it wouldn't kill me to chase after the fish like I used to.

I'm going to dig my sled out of storage tomorrow. My son and my wife's sleds are already out and ready to go.

I'll send you a heads up when the group of us plan a ride over there. We usaully take off above Two Harbors and head over to the Trestle Inn for a Trainwreck burger.

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

I'll send you a heads up when the group of us plan a ride over there. We usaully take off above Two Harbors and head over to the Trestle Inn for a Trainwreck burger.

Oh boy, I don't know if I can hang with those fancy sleds in your picture, we run some old junk. lol

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, mine is a 2004 570 fan mainly for ice fishing but two of the guys have brand new 900 4 stroke SkiDoo'S. But we take it easy and try and stay out of the way of 20 year old's with the SnoPro's!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/07/17, 09:05:40 AM by Leech~~ »

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
ah ok, well we might fit in after all then!

:)

dont make me fire up the sno-jet tho.... you guys cant keep up with that one, hahaha!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
You guy's are way out of my league...I got a 1973 Sno-jet that I purchased new, and a 1999 SRV that I re-built.

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That's awesome! Our sno-jet is an SST, 1972!

I think my red and black sled is a 99 also! It's a...... wtf is that thing?....

700 XC deluxe or something such?

our other 2 are 2005 polaris super sport 550 fans.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
That's awesome! Our sno-jet is an SST, 1972!

I think my red and black sled is a 99 also! It's a...... wtf is that thing?....

700 XC deluxe or something such?

our other 2 are 2005 polaris super sport 550 fans.

Great we'll all break down together!  :happy1:

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hahahahaha! Very likely!

That reminds me.... I think I'll drag ours in the shop this weekend to look over the clutches, chain cases, the rails etc. See if I can prevent some of those break downs!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I just saw this. But, please say that's not your son's nice Ford you built for him with the hood up Photo Bombing your sled pic?  :doah:

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That's the truck alright! But the picture is old, prior to the restoration. Also prior to my shop! There's a big shop in that spot now!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
That's the truck alright! But the picture is old, prior to the restoration. Also prior to my shop! There's a big shop in that spot now!

Wow, your sleds must look like this now then!  :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Every year we have an annual antique run, if we have snow, that's pretty much the only time the Jet gets out anymore.

If I were to run with you guys, I'd have a better chance keeping up if I walked...  :banghead:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
the last time I ran out jet was for an old timers run down through lake park mn. I actually welded a piston top to get ready for that ride (hole burned through the piston, rings and grooves, skirts were all ok so we welded the top closed) the engine held together great, but I broke the chain case!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
The SRV, I  gotta take off the chain case and weld up, it's worn through.

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I just saw this. But, please say that's not your son's nice Ford you built for him with the hood up Photo Bombing your sled pic?  :doah:

A more current view of that area with the black truck roughly in same spot.

We were hosting a classic car cruise event last summer at our place. The value of my property multiplied a bit with all these classics and hot rods in my yard.