Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: ok whats wrong here..  (Read 3931 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i posted a while back about a generator issue. my honda 2000  is acting funny. used to power my ice house, tv, reciever, some lights and wod have no problem when i turned on the coffe pot. now when i turn on the coffe post it dosent pop a breaker but everything, just kinda gose down temporarily for a.sec then on, fhen down again, never allowimg to run with the coffe pot.

now i just bought the companion 2000, and for craps, i hooked up to the house under normal usage, hit the coffe pot and handled it no problem, nuthing when down, the genny just kicked into high like it should.  what could be wrong with the other
unit.???
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I have had several generators over the years, and they get weak as they age (just like everything else)

How old is this one?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
it's the capacative rectumfire catwhisker crystal.  Bad output.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
bout 2.5 yeears and only run in the wi.ter out of the elements
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Have you tried taking it out of econo mode and hooking everything up?  Mine is 10 plus years and I have no problem running all that stuff.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I got my Honda Companion they told me to never use eco mode when temp is under 30 degrees.  And to not have it in eco mode when starting...

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yup tried that, i looked at the oil and just had the it serviced on friday and they said they changed the oil, the oil was.contaminated it was milky as the way! it ran a total of 4 hours since they changed it on friday
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Your getting condensation.  I'm guessing from the breather on these cold days.  Unhook the hose from the air cleaner but don't forget to hook it back up for the summer.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
well, the service techs, havent seen this before either along with my wheelr, different shop. it wont come out of eco, tend to power just fine put put it under load and it dont idle up, barry im think your right, but when I bought mine was not told that. bummer. they still say they havent figured out why.. still waiting.
78.50"