Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's Wrong Wit Athletes!  (Read 52094 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
However, Brown didn't seem to be favoring his ankle when he was jumping around in the end zone and running to the locker room.

that's what I thought too...   :scratch:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
However, Brown didn't seem to be favoring his ankle when he was jumping around in the end zone and running to the locker room.

that's what I thought too...   :scratch:

Yeah, he might have had a leg to stand on (pun intended) with his "excuse" until he felt compelled to draw all that attention to himself with that hissy fit.  :doah:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I got out today so the Powerball is within my reach. I'll help ol AB out if I'm a sole winner.     :smoking:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
He's been a head case almost since he came into the league. I'm :shocked: he played for Tomlin as long as he did. :crazy: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The latest from the Sporting News...

Why the Buccaneers didn't release Antonio Brown on Monday despite Bruce Arians saying he is 'no longer a Buc'

...However, as of Tuesday morning, Brown was still technically on the team's 53-man roster.

The process of removing Brown at this point is a formality. Arians isn't going to give him another chance after his three-game suspension for misrepresenting his vaccination status coupled with his on-field meltdown on Sunday. And Brown didn't even travel home with the team. He never left New York and was spotted at the Nets game on Monday night.

The Buccaneers will still almost certainly release Brown in the coming days, but they may have wanted to learn his status with the league before doing so. The NFL is not planning any "league-imposed discipline against Brown," as Maske reports, so we'll soon see whether that affects Tampa Bay's plans with Brown.

Either way, it appears that the Bucs are taking the time to make sure that they handle Brown's release in a way that best suits the franchise. And it appears that their consult is a group effort, as the NFL Players Association is also "involved in the deliberations regarding Brown’s status," per Maske.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Well other then the coach, it may be hard for him to play the racist card when he goes for his lawsuit.  Wait for it.  :coffee:

Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Antonio Brown calls Mike Zimmer the ‘best of the best,’ says he can fix Vikings

Brown said on Cameo. “So, SKOL nation, I would tell you how to fix the Vikings is to call Mike Zimmer and let Mike Zimmer figure it out. He’s the best of the best. You guys are in good hands.”

:scratch:

I'm not sure that endorsement carries a lot of weight behind it.   :bonk:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard that.  SO is he kissing up to Zimmer to get a job or what???

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope he's planning on saving Zim a spot in the unemployment line.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

Brown said on Cameo. “So, SKOL nation, I would tell you how to fix the Vikings is to call Mike Zimmer and let Mike Zimmer figure it out. He’s the best of the best. You guys are in good hands.”

A) Whats Cameo?

B) Vikings don't need the inmates telling them how to run the team.

C) Zimmer won't have a job at noon on Monday.

D) If they sign that ass hat they might as well sign DeShaun Jackson to throw him the ball.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And watch the fans wave goodbye.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

A) Whats Cameo?

B) Vikings don't need the inmates telling them how to run the team.

C) Zimmer won't have a job at noon on Monday.

D) If they sign that ass hat they might as well sign DeShaun Jackson to throw him the ball.

A)  I just grabbed the quote.  I didn't know either. 

Cameo:  Baron App Inc., doing business as Cameo, is an American video-sharing website headquartered in Chicago. Created in 2016, the site allows celebrities to send personalized video messages to fans.

I don't have an account on there yet. :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

B)  That's the biggest problem in professional sports.  :doah:

C)  It sure looks that way, don't it.   ;)

D)  I don't think there should be any concern that any team will sign AB ever again.  And Deshaun Watson will need to clean a lot of ink off his legal blotter before he gets another job.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

I say next year lets hire AB, Kaepernick and a whole bunch of washed up misfits and go for the Gold-baby!   :happy1: :happy1:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/05/22, 03:04:52 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

I say next year lets hire AB, Kaepernick and a whole bunch of washed up misfits and go for the Gold-baby!   :happy1: :happy1:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara arrested on battery charge in Las Vegas after playing in Pro Bowl

(CNN)New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara was arrested Sunday by Las Vegas Metropolitan Police and charged with "battery resulting in substantial bodily harm," a news release from the department said.

The investigation began when officers were dispatched to a hospital Saturday around 5:50 p.m. "where a person was reporting a battery," Las Vegas police said.
"The victim reported being battered at a nightclub located in the 3500 block of South Las Vegas Boulevard," the release said. Police said their investigation led them to charge Kamara.
He was located Sunday and taken into custody without incident, police said.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Guys just can't stay out of trouble during the off season when out drinking. :angry2:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They get millions of dollars a year.  Or even draftees get a few hundred thousand.  Hire a friend to drive you. 

Online Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
It would have been amazing if the police would have marched out in the field mid-game and arrested him. Lol
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Adrian P. got his arse arrested again for assault...   :crazy:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Adrian P. got his arse arrested again for assault...   :crazy:
NFL running back Adrian Peterson arrested at LAX, charged with domestic violence  (I fixed the link)

Peterson was arrested Sunday morning following an alleged altercation on a flight bound for Houston. He was later released after posting $50,000 bond.

A spokesperson for the Petersons called the incident a "private misunderstanding," according to ESPN.

« Last Edit: February 02/14/22, 09:47:49 AM by Steve-o »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Unreal, he never was the brightest bulb on the tree.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Unreal, he never was the brightest bulb on the tree.

Yeah, the plane had left the gate and had to turn around so they could take him into custody. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope he has someone doing a better job managing his money than what was happening before.  Sad that a man can make that much money and still not be able to pay his bills. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Raiders WR Davante Adams apologizes for shoving credentialed person after loss, faces potential discipline

Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Davante Adams is facing discipline from the league -- potentially even a suspension -- for pushing a credentialed worker to the ground after his team's loss to the Chiefs on Monday night

"[The victim] made arrangements for private transport to the hospital for treatment at which time he called police," the incident report said. "The injuries are preliminarily thought to be non-life threatening."

Kansas City police said the incident will be investigated by its assault unit detectives and the investigation is not expected to last more than 1-2 days.

During his postgame news conference, Adams apologized to the man and addressed the incident following the game.

"Before I say anything, I want to apologize to the guy (camera person) running off the field and he ran and jumped in front of me," Adams said. "I'm coming off the field and I bumped into him and pushed him. I think he ended up on the ground, so I want to say sorry to him because that was just frustration mixed with him running in front of me and I shouldn't have responded that way and that's how I initially responded. I want to apologize to him for that."

When you watch the video, it doesn't look like the guy needed to go to the hospital, but what do professional athletes ALWAYS say...?   :confused:

"I would NEVER question a player who says he is injured."   :scratch:

Time will tell what the damages are.   ;)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I can't believe the number of people allowed on the sidelines. They are 3 deep end zone to end zone.

While being a bit classless I will never condemn a athlete for something like that with these guys sticking a camera or microphone in their face minutes after a emotional divisional loss.

Online Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I have to politely disagree there dutchboy. Blatantly pushing a camera man over? If there weren’t 20 cameras in the end zone, who would these players showboat to after they score a touchdown? These players “need” the spotlight every minute of the game. That’s how the league and players make millions. It’s all marketing and advertisements. Pull all these cameras away and they won’t get their tic tok and instagram reels flooding the internet.

I don’t even think the cameraman was interested in Adams…he was just running across in front of him.

2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
No need to be polite. It's not really a issue I care about one way or another. They can fine, suspend or give him a bonus it wouldn't matter to me.   ;)

My point was more that there are far to many hangers-on roaming the sidelines.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Raiders' Davante Adams faces amusement park ban after photographer shove

While Las Vegas Raiders star Davante Adams awaits potential discipline from the NFL after pushing a photographer to the ground on Monday night, a Missouri amusement took a stance on Tuesday.

Worlds of Fun, located about 10 miles north of Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, wrote in a tweet that Adams was banned from the park.

"BREAKING: Davante Adams has been permanently banned from Worlds of Fun," the park tweeted.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OH NO!!!!  That will change his life.. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just heard he was charged with misdemeanor assault out in Nevada & the league has yet to decide what his penalty will be. It could be just a fine or they add a suspension too. The Raiders have a bye this week, so the NFL can take it's time deciding what it wants to do.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon