Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What is your favorite bird  (Read 12022 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
A couple I'm partial to - Cedar waxwings - they show up once a year when the Serviceberries are not quite ripe - and eat them all in a couple days.
Osprey
Any of the bigger owls
yep them waxwings are cool birds!!!!!!

And they sure like my Spring crab apples!   :shocked:

https://youtu.be/z3gwjVy6Ejs
« Last Edit: April 04/13/17, 10:54:18 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
The Hawks pictures are cool!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mom loves the hummimgbirds, so we've got a couple feeders out for them up here. They're pretty  :cool: little critters.The DNR tells us we've got quite a few nesting pairs of loons & eagles on the lake. :happy1: 1 pair of loons nests right in the bay. Sure can here their calls from a long ways away. One time last season we spotted 8 loons all swimming close together, made us wonder if they weren't all offspring from the same pair. :scratch:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mom loves the hummimgbirds, so we've got a couple feeders out for them up here. They're pretty  :cool: little critters.The DNR tells us we've got quite a few nesting pairs of loons & eagles on the lake. :happy1: 1 pair of loons nests right in the bay. Sure can here their calls from a long ways away. One time last season we spotted 8 loons all swimming close together, made us wonder if they weren't all offspring from the same pair. :scratch:

Kinda like Glenn's clan, eh?   :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

Kinda like Glenn's clan, eh?   :rotflmao:
pouty-1023.gif pouty-1023.gif pouty-1023.gif :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
My favorite Bird is the one I flip to the driver in front of me when he/she still just sits there as the light turns green while texting! Sorry, no photos but I'm sure you can visualize it.

I know...I Know...... :offtopic:

:sorry:
« Last Edit: April 04/14/17, 09:04:41 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My that bird of paradise fly right up yer nose, Lee.... ;)

https://youtu.be/ZfYFx6MOTYU

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
My that bird of paradise fly right up yer nose, Lee.... ;)

https://youtu.be/ZfYFx6MOTYU

Thanks for dedicating that song to me.  It was a real toe tapper! :doah:

Your such a :
« Last Edit: April 04/14/17, 02:08:24 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Loons have two at most.  They do however get together in groups to hang out sometimes.  I think the most I have seen in a group on Vermilion is maybe 15.   Not counting the time my buddy and I were putting around the day after ice out and there was a big flock sitting out in the bay.  It was snowing and we couldn't believe it.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wood ducks are pretty cool too.  We have quite a few of them in our gully....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Everybody knows the bird is a word A baba um mnow mnow.
 When I belonged to the Oceanside long board surf club and we had Dick Dale an the deltones play it was a common song.Check out their songs Reb.Yah ever surfed other than the net
« Last Edit: April 04/16/17, 01:08:04 PM by dew2 »
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
tried body surfing when I was on the coasts. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 When I belonged to the Oceanside long board surf club and we had Dick Dale an the deltones play it was a common song.Check out their songs Reb.Yah ever surfed other than the net

Yes I have, dew drop. Spent the Summer of '67 (summer of love, ya remember) with my cousin in Oakland, Ca. Was just twelve then, but we hit the ocean...and also were crazy wild on skateboards up and down those hilly streets in Oakland. We WERE surfin' birds. The originals.  :cool:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman

Yes I have, dew drop. Spent the Summer of '67 (summer of love, ya remember) with my cousin in Oakland, Ca. Was just twelve then, but we hit the ocean...and also were crazy wild on skateboards up and down those hilly streets in Oakland. We WERE surfin' birds. The originals.  :cool:
KOOL Reb! The summer a 67 I spent 3 months in the boundary waters wit 4 other friends in 2 canoes tryin to make it to Hudson bay,We fell short by atleast 100 miles just found that map in my stored stuff.Didnt make it to So.cal till 78 for a job at the San onafrey nuclear plant that fell through cause of some regulations.Then stayed till 1985 an then back to the homestead.
 Went back in the BWCA in 68,72,76,77, an 80 saw how trampled it was in 76,77 an 80 never went back.Never skateboarded either how could I possibly skin such sensitive beautiful skin!!
 Oh yah Bust yer buns an go sidewalk surfin wit me
« Last Edit: April 04/16/17, 01:55:20 PM by dew2 »
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I left my knees on the streets of Californy....back then the boards were heavy and looked just like miniature surfboards. You HAD to ride them barefoot...and I have no idea why, buy we sprayed polish on them to make them slippery.  :doah:
The hills were pretty big, and you got flying pretty good. A wipeout was disastrous, leading to a week or so of tight-scabbed over knees and arms.  :shocked:

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
The cardinal is king in my house. Since I live on the family homestead(6th generation),when the cardinal comes to the bird feeder we always think of it as a visit from my grandmother Gert just stopping in to say hello. She was a painter/artist and it was one of her favorite subjects. The Orioles are next in line. I have the Grape jelly all stocked up for their return!!!!

Dew, since no one has answered your question about your avatar I will. That my friend is a Mandarin Duck. The Chinese cousin of our Wood duck. I used to raise a few. And will again once I get my flight pen put back up!
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
my favorite bird?????????????????? :scratch: :scratch: chicken.............grilled chicken!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Havta say my second choice is the Cardinal.  They've had a nest in a giant yew right next to my garage door for many years, and they all hang out there. What's really neat, and I've noticed this a hundred times over the years, when I turn on my stereo in the garage, they all perch there and start singing their heads off. Turn off music, and they quit. Turn it on, and away they go again. Buddies are mazed at this. I can only ascertain they love oldies rock. I'll bet if I played country, they'd fly away.  :azn:  :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The San Onofre plant aka "the boobs of doom" is now shut down and will be decommissioned.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
WTH does that have to do with favorite birds??!?!?!
« Last Edit: April 04/19/17, 10:36:09 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe his favorite bird is the blue footed boobie  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I don't really have a favorite....

But, I do like the turkeys, pheasants, finches and cardinals that come in the yard.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
WTH does that have to do with favorite birds??!?!?!

About as much as someone posting about skateboards in Oakland?   

Actually, San Onofre was mentioned several posts previous to mine, by Dew.   

Better get that log out of your eye.... and smoke pot instead of using it to call kettle black.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't bring up the skateboards. Dew  brought up surfing. Reread the narrative.  Get dialed in. Turn on, tune in, drop out, Timmy. Get off that black kettle kick too..you'll start another Rottenchester Rally.  :afro:
« Last Edit: April 04/19/17, 07:41:05 PM by Rebel SS »