Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The fires in California  (Read 1716 times)

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
While I'd never want to live there, I'm really feeling sorry for the folks in California who are dealing with these terrible  fires.  I can't even understand how there's anything left to burn out there-it seems like the whole state is perpetually on fire.  My condolences to those who've lost everything out there.  My thanks to the firefighters doing the best they can as they risk their own lives trying to save others. 

Pray for rain out there folks.  They really need it bad.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I've been there several times. It seems like it's the cycle there. Everything gets real dry during the summer / fall months, and catches 🔥. Then, in the spring when the rains come, there is no vegetation to hold the soil.....and then they have mud slides.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
It's something fighting them on those grassy hills, too. Dragging hoses up and down over rocks, thru the scrub brush, etc. My cuz lives out there and is a firefighter captain in Diablo Canyon.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
This has been bugging me for a long time and I thought it could be relevant. Probably shouldn't say dis but.....  Dis may be a way and maybe it is, for terrorists' to take American lives. Causing destruction that's devastating to da nation wit a simple limited effort. :banghead:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
This has been bugging me for a long time and I thought it could be relevant. Probably shouldn't say dis but.....  Dis may be a way and maybe it is, for terrorists' to take American lives. Causing destruction that's devastating to da nation wit a simple limited effort. :banghead:

I've thought about that for a long time too, Lee. And it needs to be a priority. Not discussing it will not help anyone.Causing chaos that takes massive amount of responses continually, undermining natural resources (water, air, electricity, computerized sysytems, etc) that crumbles basic infrastructure, loss of manpower, etc. The north Vietnamese were totally successful in doing that; small hit after hit, skirmishes, booby-traps, then being able to disappear, because they knew their country and how to use it's basic structure as an advantage over those that had different ideas of how a "war" should be fought.We need to rethink our huge "wipe 'em out" plans, because they're not gonna work on hundreds of small pockets of insurgents, that we've welcomed into our country and taught them everything we know about how it works.
Then when all heck is breaking loose everywhere (in government too) then hit the most needed places...drug companies, medical centers, etc. I wonder if Mayo is going to get hit; IMO it's not a question of "if", but when. They have no defenses in place  that could stop a terrorist....it would cause havoc here. I was up there yday for an appt, and afte knowing every sq inch of that institution from working there 30 years....and looking around yday...I'll just stop there.
Just my opinion on this stuff. I call it like I see it, and I've experienced  it and worked a lot of it.
Didn't mean to steer this off track.....
I see the winds have picked up in the fires...ya haveta wonder where it's gonna end.
« Last Edit: December 12/08/17, 02:12:47 PM by Rebel SS »