Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517622 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So will Dan Bailey make his first FG today?  I actually would like to see Zimm's face if he misses it. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm guessing the crowd will go nuts when he puts one through.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are down so much I am talking to you guys.  I would normally be mad but I actually think it is funny as he77.  Maybe Zimm isn't the one to call the D.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I'm outside doing fall stuff...I just turned the game off and the tunes on.  :rocker;
Lemme know when it's over.  :rolleyes:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
No kidding,  penalty after penalty.  Think maybe we otta go to church and help mikey chase the blue hairs..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No kidding,  penalty after penalty.  Think maybe we otta go to church and help mikey chase the blue hairs..

I get Gertrude!!  😜

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/23/18, 01:29:11 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
  :popcorn: What time does da Vikings game start! :doah:
                           :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm outside doing fall stuff...I just turned the game off and the tunes on.  :rocker;
Lemme know when it's over.  :rolleyes:

It was over after da foyst quarter :doah:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll haveta agree witch ya. Dat's when I went outside. 😒

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I do think Zimm should let George do the play calling for the D.  He has too much to do as Head Coach.  It is affecting his judgement.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Well no reason to come back out of the woods or off the lake ice fishing this year at noon on Sundays!  :coffee:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Quit watchin at 1/2 time too many turnovers & penalties :bonk:, watched Tiger instead :cool: The season could be as good as over especially if they don't win at least 1 of the next 2 against the Rams & Eagles.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
its only 1 game.........sheez!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  Boos bombard Vikings in home loss to Bills :doah:

:coffee: ....
MINNEAPOLIS -- Running off the field and to the locker room after their game Sunday, Sept. 23, at U.S. Bank Stadium, Buffalo Bills cornerback Tre’Davious White commandeered Kirk Cousins’ catchphrase and yelled “You like that?” several times.
There was plenty to like from the Bills in their 27-6 rout of the Vikings. Coming in as a 17-point underdog, they took a 27-0 halftime lead and cruised to a stunning and stunningly easy victory.

Minnesota fans let their feelings be known :taz: by booing! (dat's not nice) throughout the game.

“We didn’t give them much to cheer for,” Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph said. “So it’s embarrassing on our part, the performance that we put forth today, and it’s a shame it was here at home in front of our fans. They deserve better than that.”
Wide receiver Adam Thielen called it “butt-whooping.” Running back Latavius Murray said the Vikings wee “punched in the mouth” and ranked it one of the worst losses of his six-year NFL career.
Told about White using his catchphrase, Cousins shrugged and said that is “pretty much the most common thing I hear on the field.”
What wasn’t common was the Vikings quarterback being outplayed by Buffalo’s Josh Allen, a rookie making his second start. Allen completed 15 of 22 passes for 196 yards and a touchdown and ran for two TDs.
Cousins completed 40 of 55 passes for 296 yards and a touchdown, but he threw for just 44 yards in the first half before piling up meaningless stats when the game was no longer in doubt.
Cousins especially hurt the Vikings (1-1-1) by losing fumbles on consecutive first-half possessions. With Buffalo (1-2) leading 7-0, Cousins lost the ball on a sack by Trent Murphy at the Minnesota 15. That led to a field goal and a 10-0 Bills lead.
Cousins fumbled again on a sack by Jerry Hughes, and Buffalo (1-2) took over at the Vikings’ 25. Two plays later, Allen threw a 26-yard touchdown pass to Jason Croom for a 17-0 lead.
“Obviously, you can’t turn the ball over and give their offense a short field,” Cousins said.
The Vikings never were able to recover from the two fumbles.
“Turnovers never help, and where they turned them over was not good,” Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said. “But the defense has to come out and stop them.”
The defense didn’t do much of that in the first half. Allen, who opened the scoring with a 10-yard touchdown run, added a 1-yard run in the second quarter for a 24-0 lead. Later in the quarter, Stephen Hauschka made his second field goal, a 50-yarder, for a 27-0 lead.
The Vikings needed a 4-yard touchdown pass from Cousins to Rudolph with 2:59 left in the game to avoid their first shutout since 2007.
The Vikings almost made history with their futility running the ball. Minnesota, with starting running back Dalvin Cook sidelined with a hamstring injury, had just 14 yards rushing. The team record for fewest in a game is 11, set in 1996 against Chicago.
“Obviously, that was a poor performance by us,” Zimmer said. “I obviously didn’t do a well enough job preparing this football team for this game. It was probably as poor a first half as I’ve seen in quite while.”
In addition to Cook, the Vikings played without defensive end Everson Griffen (knee), punt returner Marcus Sherels (rib) and tight end David Morgan (knee). Zimmer said Griffen did not attend the game to take care of a personal matter.
In the first half Sunday, the Vikings lost cornerback Trae Waynes and tackle Rashod Hill to ankle injuries. While Hill’s injury is not believed to be serious, Zimmer said Waynes will have an MRI.
The Vikings have a big game Thursday against the Rams in Los Angeles. Players insisted they weren’t taking the Bills lightly while looking ahead to the next game.
“It is the NFL, so all teams are capable of coming out and playing at a high level and being successful,” said linebacker Anthony Barr. “It wasn’t anything like that. It was just a lot of mental mistakes, physical mistakes.”
The Vikings had a number of penalties in the first half, including Barr’s horse-collar tackle of Allen as he was going out of bounds on second-and-18 on the second play of the second quarter. That led to Allen’s 1-yard run.
No, there wasn’t much to like from a Vikings standpoint. But there certainly was on the Bills side.
“It’s the first win of 2018 for the Buffalo Bills,” White said. “So, of course it is a big deal. Ya’ll like that?”

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins (8) is hit by Buffalo Bills safety Micah Hyde (23) during the fourth quarter Sunday, Sept. 23, at U.S. Bank Stadium. (Ouch!)
               :Photography:

« Last Edit: September 09/24/18, 09:50:30 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
YEA......YEA............ da bears won a game for a change, da vikes lost. gloat whilst you can Lee my man. cause it aintz gonna last long. come thursday nite dem vikes are gonna hand dem rams dere first loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :rocker; :happybounce:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
YEA......YEA............ da bears won a game for a change, da vikes lost. gloat whilst you can Lee my man. cause it aintz gonna last long. come thursday nite dem vikes are gonna hand dem rams dere first loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :rocker; :happybounce:

Hey Glenn I'm a Vikes Fan Also So......... DON'T GIVE ME NONE A YER LIP!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: September 09/24/18, 12:28:05 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
The Vikings deny a report that Everson Griffen was arrested for trying to break into a teammate’s home, via multiple reports.

The Vikings defensive end is undergoing a mental health evaluation at a local hospital after an incident at a Minneapolis hotel Saturday night. :scratch:

:coffee: ....
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-vikings-deny-everson-griffen-was-arrested/ar-AAABu3s
« Last Edit: September 09/25/18, 12:02:20 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Lee, I wondered what was going on with him.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, same here. :happy1:  Heard something on the news but didn't catch the whole story.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Listening to KFAN today and Florio was talking about how both the Vikes and Packs tanked after the OT game.  They are going to explore how other teams did after an OT game the previous week. 

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Doesn't sound like it would be the first time for him.  :coffee:

Vikings' Everson Griffen arrested
 By judd zulgad

February 1, 2011 — 12:42am

Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen was arrested on a charge of felony battery on Monday after assaulting a police officer and being tased near the Southern Cal campus, according to a spokesman with the Los Angeles Police Department.

In a story first reported by the Daily Trojan newspaper, the police pulled Griffen over around 4 p.m. Pacific time but he did not have valid identification on him. When police questioned Griffen, he became aggressive and attempted to run away. Griffen then assaulted one of the officers who was pursuing him. The officer used his taser on Griffen, who was arrested.

Griffen was being held at the 77th Community Police Station jail as of late Monday and his bail was set at $50,000.
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
And iffin this was ordinary Joe Schmuck it wouldn't even make the local section of the local paper. :pouty:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
 :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

Now What Were Ya Sayin Glennda? :scratch:

« Last Edit: September 09/29/18, 04:27:55 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No Vikes today so sort of out of synch, just like the D is.  lol  Some good games on but not sure If I should watch or get something done first.  Big decision.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Get that wood sawn. The big W is comin', ya know.  HYAAA! Move 'em out! Ya want I should come up and supervise?! I wield a mean 18" chainsaw!!!   ;)
« Last Edit: September 09/30/18, 11:55:34 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok I am on it boss.  I do need supervision at times.  See ya later.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
 :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

Now What Were Ya Sayin Glennda? :scratch:
:scratch: :scratch: HUH!!!!!! WHAT??????? I been out in da woods fer 3 days?????? somethin happen??????