Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 518362 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
A grinch story on Christmas Eve?  I see a lump of coal in your future Glenn.   :pouty:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: thats what the vikings got for a QB. a lump of coal!!!!!! :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

seriously though i know its not all on him, for some reason we cant find the right offensive linemen.  :doah: and with all the injuries and players we lost on defense. i've watched other teams that got our defensive guys and there doing pretty good elsewhere. :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see that too Glenn.  Other coaches seem to motivate them just fine. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well you fellers getting ready to watch the Vikings get a good whooping this afternoon. :pouty: :confused: think Kamara is going to have a field day. Ge sure is fun to watch.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bite your tongue fella!   :rotflmao:   Now I hope we kick their ass. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well in anticipation prior to the game, wife and I just got done watching Alvin and the chipmunks and the sqweekuel. Still funny as all get out.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We just watched The Family with DeNiro.  Great show.  Kind of like the one you just watched Glenn.   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Quote from: glenn57 link=topic=37439.msg364712#msg364712 date=160891373:pouty: :confused: think Kamara is going to have a field day. Ge sure is fun to watch.
[/quote
Kamara, off to the races. :confused: :pouty: gonna be a long afternoon.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup and if a team wants to win and they have 38 seconds left you would think they would at least try to get some yards not pass for 7 yards in the middle of the field.  ?????

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good lord, I'm pretty sure Glenn coulda had several td's against the Vikes today. Missing the big was guys was the difference..

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
MINNESOTA (6-9) AT DETROIT (5-10) (Sunday, 1 p.m. ET)
TV: FOX       Line: Minnesota -7

What you need to know:  :confused:

:coffee: .....
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-week-17-picks-and-preview/ss-BB1cpgpv?li=BBnbfcL#image=5
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Jefferson already beat Moss's receptions with 79 and needs 47 yards receiving to meat Moss's yards record. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
MINNESOTA (6-9) AT DETROIT (5-10) (Sunday, 1 p.m. ET)
TV: FOX       Line: Minnesota -7

What you need to know:  :confused:

:coffee: .....
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-week-17-picks-and-preview/ss-BB1cpgpv?li=BBnbfcL#image=5

It's the battle of the basement. Not where we expected to be.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Minn let the Special teams coordinator go
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Jefferson already beat Moss's receptions with 79 and needs 47 yards receiving to meat Moss's yards record.
and now he has the record for vikings rookies AND the NFL yardage record for rookies surpassing Antone Godwin, i belive??/
« Last Edit: January 01/05/21, 10:56:10 AM by glenn57 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i thought i heard last nite on the news Kubiak retired also????????

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
and now he has the record for vikings rookies AND the NFL yardage record for rookies surpassing Antone Godwin, i belive??/
:scratch:  :doah: I think you mean Anquan Boldin.......................................... don't you?  :doofus:                                                                           :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

The way they performed this year you couldn't tell they even had one.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The way they performed this year you couldn't tell they even had one.
I do  hope some sports writer writes the story of what went wrong with the Vikes' special teams.  I'm certain the story goes much deeper than "Zim hates kickers." 

And it was more than just Bailey missing kicks.  The Viking's offense had the worst average starting position of any team in the league meaning our defense had fewer stops and our special teams were out-played and out-punted by virtually every other special teams unit they faced.

Now add to it the Spielman/Zimmerman decision to cut 2018 5th round draft pick Dan Carlson and then traded another 5th round draft pick to get Kaare Vedvik in 2019 - only to cut him 2 weeks later.  They did sign Bailey as a free agent, but that is a lot of draft capital to have spent in recent years on kickers and have nothing on the roster to show for it now.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The team just isn't good, nor is it deep. Lose a couple guys and everything suffers. I just can't understand how Spielman isn't being help responsible for the lack of depth. He is quick to take the credit for stockpiling draft picks but he isn't getting the players the coaches need. Time to name him "The Teflon man" the way responsibility & blame slides off him.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch:  :doah: I think you mean Anquan Boldin.......................................... don't you?  :doofus:                                                                           :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
yea dat guy!!!!!!!! just keeping you on your toes!!!!! :mooning: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
OK Vikings fans...

If you could only dump one and have to keep the other, who would you keep?  Spielman or Zimmer?

And if you dump Zim, who would you want to replace him?

:popcorn:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is one heck of a good question.  I have to think about that for awhile. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
BOAR!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

on a serious note.........if you dump one.........you dump both.

i wouldnt dump either. there are alot of things this past year that were just not normal. to many injuries.
« Last Edit: January 01/05/21, 01:28:07 PM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think we have to wait one more year before we do any knee jerk reactions on this.  Even though I have said fire them during the season it was emotions talking.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I consider myself a casual fan. I don't really care when they lose and don't get to jacked up when they win. For me they are tied at the hip. One goes they both go. Speilman has done nothing to the point that I would think he has done a exceptional job. This year shows the lack of depth on the team. Zimmer has kept them on the straight and narrow off the field or at least kept the police blotter from becoming public.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
get rid of speilman, make zim def coach only, get new head coach
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would go along with that.  Head Coach does seem a little over Zim's head to me. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, that is a very interesting take.  Trouble is, the ego of a fired coach is too big to step down and take a lesser role on the same team.  Look at Leslie Frazier.  Great guy, but maybe not cut out to be a head coach.  He went back to what he is great at and now the Buffalo Bills are in the playoffs and the Vikings aren't. 

Still, just think...  If Zim would have backed down as head coach to run the defense and Spielman/Ziggy had the foresight to promote Stafanski to head coach and offensive play caller - now that would be a great combo platter!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly the scenario that I think would have been best for all Steve. I feel bad for Stefanski not being able to coach this weekend.  I am kind of a Cleveland fan cuz he is there now.   :happy1: