Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 518049 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea I'm hearing more and more places saying to work here you have to have the vaccine...  yup we are a free society here!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it is so the others that are not vaccinated don't get it.
from what i understand even if you are vacinated you can get the rona.....the symptoms arent supposed to be as bad.  :scratch: :scratch:

i agree with JB, lets let people make there own decisions, but unfortunetly its not happening that way.  :doah: sooner or later, somehow or another the powers to be will and are trying to force everyone to get it.

The fact that it affects others is why they are trying to protect people by requiring it.  AND it will affect the bottom line which is money for the NFL. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Your last sentence nailed it IMO, LPS. It's really just Roger takin care of all his billionaire buddies. :rolleyes: :doah:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
So in a sense what they are saying is that the vaccine doesn't work. Because if a no vaccinated person gets covid then they will give it to the vaccinated teams members. Then what's the point of getting vaccinated. Just don't understand why there is such a push for those that don't want it to get it. This has just gotten all f$_&ked up!

Heard on the radio last night that one of the vaccines MAY require a third shot. Kinda reminds me of a rookie mechanic. "My truck won't run right, ok let change the plugs, I'm 99% sure that will fix it. If not we can do the fuel pump then the injectors. If that doesn't get you up and going I have a new crate motor in the back we will drop in."

I don't condemn anybody, 25 year old athletes or 75 year old geezers who doesn't want a shot that was rushed to market that may or may not be 100% effective & safe.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read that when Carson Palmer wanted out of a situation he retired.  His Rep was this Dunn guy.  Now Dunn is Rodgers Rep.  It also said Rodgers has one team in mind and it is the Broncos. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
So in a sense what they are saying is that the vaccine doesn't work. Because if a no vaccinated person gets covid then they will give it to the vaccinated teams members. Then what's the point of getting vaccinated. Just don't understand why there is such a push for those that don't want it to get it. This has just gotten all f$_&ked up!

Heard on the radio last night that one of the vaccines MAY require a third shot. Kinda reminds me of a rookie mechanic. "My truck won't run right, ok let change the plugs, I'm 99% sure that will fix it. If not we can do the fuel pump then the injectors. If that doesn't get you up and going I have a new crate motor in the back we will drop in."

I don't condemn anybody, 25 year old athletes or 75 year old geezers who doesn't want a shot that was rushed to market that may or may not be 100% effective & safe.
:tut: There isn't ANY vaccines that are 100% effective & safe. Never has been & never will be!! There will always be some with underlying health issues, known & unknown to even them perhaps, that have adverse reactions to certain medicines. Never been 1 that is 100% effective either, even my Shingles shot earlier this year was ONLY 96.8 % effective after the 2nd shot. It's still a free country, I think :scratch:, people can & will do what they wish.
« Last Edit: July 07/25/21, 09:51:43 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: There isn't ANY vaccines that are 100% effective & safe. Never has been & never will be!! There will always be some with underlying health issues, known & unknown to even them perhaps, that have adverse reactions to certain medicines. Never been 1 that is 100% effective either, even my Shingles shot earlier this year was ONLY 96.8 % effective after the 2nd shot. It's still a free country, I think :scratch:, people can & will do what they wish.
For now. But I don't think it is going to stay that way. The gubmint is going to force companies to make it mandatory at some point I think. Which will really get messed up then.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
think it was yesterday that i read that the Vikings cut there 6th round draft pick. an offensive linemen that was shot like 4 times this spring visiting his aunt.

happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time..........then gets cut!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They needed to make room for the new wide receiver they signed.

I don't know if they picked him because the felt the gunshot wounds would affect his performance or they felt he didn't have a chance of making the team as a 6th rounder - or maybe both.

But at least this way, but cutting him early, he and his agent have a chance to find a new team for him.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Since we don't have a Packers thread...
And I'm not saying we need one...
But since it does affect the Vikes...

Y'all have seen Aaron Rodgers is coming back for what looks to be one more year...

And one of the conditions was that they bring back Randal Cobb.

I'm sure there were some Vikes fans who would have just as soon seen Rodgers gone, but it looks like they are getting the band back together for one, "Last Dance"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there might be issues with Cobb........its not a done deal as i believe he is signed and under contract with another team yet.

erin is just a diva, whiny little beeach. :pouty: yea seen it it takes up half the MSN page most days. they should of told him to pack sand and let him retire and not pay him.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, they probably should have.

And if it was two years ago, they might have.

But for the last two seasons the Packers had great play-off runs and Rodgers was league MVP last year.  The Packer's "window" to win now is still open.

If all they need to do is to kiss Rodgers' :moon:, promise to trade him after next season, and acquire Cobb this year for one more legit shot at a superbowl...

Why not?   :confused:  They got nothing to lose.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am so looking forward to beating them this year.  What a drama queen he is.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Yes, they probably should have.

And if it was two years ago, they might have.

But for the last two seasons the Packers had great play-off runs and Rodgers was league MVP last year.  The Packer's "window" to win now is still open.

If all they need to do is to kiss Rodgers' :moon:, promise to trade him after next season, and acquire Cobb this year for one more legit shot at a superbowl...

Why not?   :confused:  They got nothing to lose.

Like a store front in a bad neighborhood the Packers Super Bowl window has bars on the window by the name of Tom Brady.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO now the unvaccinated QB's which includes Cousins are quarantined I believe.  They are trying out a St. Johns QB for the second time and everyone talks highly of him.  Cousins hasn't revealed in the past if he got the shot or not.  Now we know.  What a joke that is.  SO he could be out at any time because of it.  Others too could take this team down because of it.  Mond has been vaccinated too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
SO now the unvaccinated QB's which includes Cousins are quarantined I believe.  They are trying out a St. Johns QB for the second time and everyone talks highly of him.  Cousins hasn't revealed in the past if he got the shot or not.  Now we know.  What a joke that is.  SO he could be out at any time because of it.  Others too could take this team down because of it.  Mond has been vaccinated too.
i  watched an interview on the news with Zimmer..........yea he's pretty disqusted with the players that arent vacinated.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
players and people in general too I'd say... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah. God forbid that we live in a society with the freedom to make choices for ourselves.  :angry2:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When their choices negatively effect a team of millionaires they may need to get in another line of work.  Noone on the team gets paid if they have to cancel due to covid. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
My point is that the NFL didn't need to impose these  :bs: rules to try and force people to do something that they don't want to do. Made it all thru all last season without a vaccine. All the players are young and healthy not a high risk group.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They did have to reschedule some games because of it.  To me it is not political at all.  Just self preservation.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
They did have to reschedule some games because of it.  To me it is not political at all.  Just self preservation.

A letter to each player stating if they choose not to be vaccinated they will be put on the PUP (physically unable to perform) list until they are compliant or they are released. Many have performance clauses that require they are on the field. It now becomes their choice as to how much their contract means to them.

For the record......I don't care who plays or doesn't play. It's a game being played by people who have never worked a normal job a day in their life.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
they should take there contacts and divide that amount by the day they report to camp till end of season.......that cant play or practice for reasons they can control, they dont get paid those days!!!! it is obviously there choice to not get vacinated and i dont have issue with it but when it affects a franchise as a whole, well there needs to be accountability.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
they should take there contacts and divide that amount by the day they report to camp till end of season.......that cant play or practice for reasons they can control, they dont get paid those days!!!! it is obviously there choice to not get vacinated and i dont have issue with it but when it affects a franchise as a whole, well there needs to be accountability.

It's a union thingy. Remember those things?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

sure do, except in my union world those contracts where honored, not like some of these over paid babies.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

sure do, except in my union world those contracts where honored, not like some of these over paid babies.
The best ability to have when your making that kind of $ is AVAILABILTY!  :doofus: :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The new playoff structure along with the 17 game schedule makes rescheduling much more difficult, so they'll now forfeit that game. Only gonna cost 'em $50,825 on avg/per game, just pocket change for these guys. :doah: Or is it? :scratch:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The Minnesota Vikings released cornerback Jeff Gladney on Tuesday following an indictment by a Dallas grand jury on a charge of felony assault connected to an April incident involving a 22-year-old woman.

"As we have previously said, we take these matters very seriously and condemn all forms of domestic violence," the Vikings said in a statement. "Due to the ongoing legal nature of this matter, we are unable to provide further comment."

Gladney, 24, turned himself in to Dallas police on April 5 on a warrant for family violence assault, a third-degree felony. He was charged by a grand jury on Thursday with family violence by impeding breath.

A woman identified as Jane Doe filed a civil lawsuit against Gladney on July 26, saying that Gladney physically assaulted, beat and held her against her will "for several hours" on April 1, then attempted to "bribe, threaten, blackmail and manipulate" her not to speak about the incident.

"Obviously, allegations like these are very disturbing and something that’s concerning to us as ownership and to our organization," team president Mark Wilf told reporters earlier Tuesday.

A native of New Boston, Texas, Gladney went to college at TCU in Fort Worth. He was drafted No. 31 by Minnesota in 2020.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard about this when it happened but now after hearing some of the details it sounds worse IMO. :sad: Got to wonder what King Roger will have to say on it. :scratch:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Assuming he is found guilty they will suspend him. Once he serves his time Jerry Jones will sign him as another rehab project.