Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517648 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read Cook is back on the active roster but Thielen had surgery on his ankle, done for the year.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great and Darn it. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
read where there game sunday night could be the coldest game ever played at Lambeau field...............

Colder than Ice Bowl with the Cowboys??? Why didn't they play the game at Lambeau the first time and have this one at Bank Stadium????
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I know.  Wouldn't you think they would at least think about what they just did?  Who wants to play in a dump like Lambeau Field is in December or January?  Same with the crappy field in Chicago.  Dead frozen grass. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yeah agree, no way with temperature like what can be this time of year in the northern part of the country, should humans have to be out in that and risk frostbite or worse

There's a reason the Canadians play there season when they do.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: But the Cheeseheads love it!! :crazy: :doofus: :pouty: It's part of their home field advantage. :thumbs:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Back when I was a Vikings fan they were dominant in cold weather, Minnesota type weather. Bud Grant wouldn't even allow heaters on the sidelines. Now the team and their fans are making excuses before the first play.....crybabies.
And furthermore, back then they didn't engage in childish celebrations after every routine play. Grant would have benched them. We need that kind of discipline again.
« Last Edit: December 12/31/21, 06:51:39 AM by roony »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
These are different days Rooney. Now you have heated fields, heated benches, most of the stadiums are domed. Home field will definitely favor the Peckers, as it should.

BTW, we know longer walk uphill to school both ways, snowbanks are no longer 6' over our heads, can't bring a uncased shotgun to school, if you don't like a adult you don't have to respect them, you can tell them to F-off, the President of the United States gets the same respect a drug dealer gets today.  It's a different place.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Green Bay wouldn't have any home games after Dec 15. No home playoff games. "To Bad."..... :crazy: :crazy:

Get a decent stadium. :pouty: :pouty:  :pouty:

Minus 20 keeps the Riff Raff out :cold: :cold: :cold:
« Last Edit: December 12/31/21, 08:01:45 AM by KEN W »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Yes, we are riff raff free up here, well except for the occasional Swede that slips through town.   ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i guess my whole point with my post was what that cold of temps can do to your body. fans can somewhat dress for it, look at the players and the clothes, uniforms they wear??? each half is 30 minutes of playing time, in reality time its like an hour and a half, at the temps there forecasting...........the weather terrorist tell you frostbite and worse can happen being exposed in 10 minutes.

they talk about player saftey in all other aspects.................. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Hey Glenn, I read on IDO your boy Cousins is out vs the Peckers.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Glenn, I read on IDO your boy Cousins is out vs the Peckers.
really!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i wanna change my pick!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i bet he did that on purpose, so he can sit on his warm cozy couch!!!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: and not get blamed for getting booted from the playoff picture!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 12/31/21, 10:16:43 AM by glenn57 »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
i guess my whole point with my post was what that cold of temps can do to your body. fans can somewhat dress for it, look at the players and the clothes, uniforms they wear??? each half is 30 minutes of playing time, in reality time its like an hour and a half, at the temps there forecasting...........the weather terrorist tell you frostbite and worse can happen being exposed in 10 minutes.

Dang, funny they don't have a UNION to represent the players on these important safety issues.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup.....he has Covid.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Dang, funny they don't have a UNION to represent the players on these important safety issues.
:rotflmao: fool me once... :mooning: not going there!! :mooning:

Follow the money. It's MANAGEMENTS responsibility to provide a safe work environment, unions just see to it they do it. :sleazy:

Have a good new years my friend. :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Makes sense as to why they brought back Sloter, they've musta know for a few days. Hopefully whoever plays will do better than chicken chit Cousins anyhow..

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Cousins is the starter because the Vikings have nobody better.

Vikings aren't a play-off team anyway.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Cousins is the starter because the Vikings have nobody better.

Vikings aren't a play-off team anyway.
not as long as cousins is on the roster. :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: Uffda... Did that Jim Souhan torch cousins  :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for him, as he should.  This organization has tried over the years but just can't seem to get over the hump. The Wild made a move and brought in a GM that dumped and moved aging contracts and players. The Wilfs have been making money every season,  the ball is in there hands to move to the next level.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup Souhan hit the nail on the head.  I have read sort of as a joke but it may be in play here this week.  If you want to get out of something just hang out near people with covid.  They when you test positive you can stay home.  Sounds like a Cousins thing to me. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Minus 20 keeps the Riff Raff out :cold: :cold: :cold:
It used to... but not anymore.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The Wild made a move and brought in a GM that dumped and moved aging contracts and players.

The GM dumped some aging, Prima Donna contracts that were cancer in the locker room.  For as much as I liked the idea of Parise and Sutter, they were two or three years into doing more harm than good.  It seems they were demanding special treatment and playing time behind the scenes (and getting it) - which their diminishing skills should not have warranted - and that pissed off the rest of the team.  Now, those guys with their "no trade" clause are gone and the team is doing better DESPITE the guaranteed salaries the Wild is still paying them.

Just think how good they could be / would be if they didn't overpay (with too long, "no trade") contracts for Parise and Sutter.   :bonk: :sad: :angry:

The Wilfs have been making money every season,  the ball is in there hands to move to the next level.

And speaking of over-paying...  There were NFL analysts that warned Vikings front office and fans that Kapt. Kirk was over-rated in Washington - lots of stats - but not the type of leadership that makes teammates better.

But the Vikes were in win-now mode, and they felt they had to over pay to get the best available option while their Superbowl "window" was open.

They didn't have to extend Kirk's contract, but they did anyway.  And they could have drafted Mac Jones, but they didn't do that either.

And now that Superbowl "window" is nailed shut, we are still overpaying for a .500 quarterback, and the heir apparent is not currently on the roster.

Yes, it is up to the Wilf's to make the next move, because Spielman/Zim haven't done it on their own.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree 100%.  My favorite players disappointed me the most. Cook, Thielen, Smith etc...  They didn't seem to think the team was important to them this year.  And it wasn't.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know...  I think you're being a little hard on Thielen.

He had 10 TD catches in 12 games before he got hurt.  (Jefferson only has 9 TD catches in 16 games.)  And with the emergence of Jefferson, more targets went to him than Thielen in the first 15 games before Thielen got hurt:  92 (Thielen) to 137 (Jefferson).

And It ain't Adam's fault if Zim won't let Klint Kubiak call plays for Kapt. Kirk to throw the ball down field to Thielen - or that with Jefferson's speed, Justin got more of the deep routes while they used Adam for the short/intermediate routes.

But to me the kicker (in Thielen's favor) was seeing how pi$$ed Thielen looked when he re-injurer his ankle in the Rams game and knew he was out for good.  He was playing hurt and was trying to gut it out.

I'm giving Adam a pass.

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
A little humor to this thread...

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And I'm not trying to pile onto your take, LPS, but I'm sure about Cook disappointing either.

Certainly no one should be happy about his pending domestic violence issues, but I think our offensive line play is as much to blame for Cook's production reduction.  Our line seems to be pretty good at pass protection (among the fewest stacks given up in the league), but they ain't so good at run blocking.  And Offensive Coordinator play calling and/or the lack of imaginative plays didn't help Cookie either.

I mean...  how many times were you sitting in your Barcalounger and said, "Now they're goona run Cook up the gut.  Wanna bet they're goona run Cook up the gut?  See! They ran Cook right up the gut."  And guess what  :confused:  The defense knew it too!  :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

But if there is a saving grace to Cook's season, I'd say it was when he got back into the lineup playing with a separated shoulder.  Just imagine all the other Prima Donna "professional" athletes who would would have said "F^%# !t" on a losing team and sat out the rest of the season and continued to collect their pay.

P.S.  And if I compare Cook to the Vikings last great running back, Adrian Peterson, I like Cook better because he can catch the ball and is willing to block on pass protection.  It got to be that they took AP out of the game on passing downs because he was useless blocking - which to me is nothing more than selfish playing.
« Last Edit: January 01/03/22, 03:33:47 PM by Steve-o »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
No hockey fan in the state of Minnesota wasn't doing cartwheels on that July 4th day.

The Vikings brought in the top AVAILABLE quarterback.

Sometimes things work as planned, sometimes we know it will be ugly but they tried......can the Twins say the same thing?

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
No hockey fan in the state of Minnesota wasn't doing cartwheels on that July 4th day.

The Vikings brought in the top AVAILABLE quarterback.

Sometimes things work as planned, sometimes we know it will be ugly but they tried......can the Twins say the same thing?

I agree with you completely.  We all knew those 13 year/no-trade contracts for Parise and Sutter were too long and they'd be well past their prime at the tail end.  However, I don't think anyone could have predicted the adverse affect they would have on the other players in the locker room.   The Wild were more or less forced to trade away younger talent because they refused to put out effort night-in, night-out with Parise and Sutter on the team - who could not be dumped.  Yeah, that's on those players who gave up on the team - you have to be professional - but it does go to show you there is a very high price to be paid when you overpay for talent.   :doah:

Kirk Cousins WAS the best available QB at the time.  The Vikes should have figured out what they had after two years and started thinking about Plan B.  But collectively they decided to stick with the "Devil the knew" and signed him to an extension instead of letting Kapt. Kirk play out the last year of his deal. :mad1:

And the Twins...  they are still the Twins.  They aren't getting any better by keeping the talent they have on the roster.  They are still to cheap to spend to add starting pitching that will be the ante to get them to the next level.   :surrender: