Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 556885 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can see that unless he lights it up the rest of the season.  Would sure be fun but I have to see it to believe it.  AND Thanks Dobbsy for any win you can get. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
With Jordan Hicks out for at least one game after suffering a leg injury that needed an emergency procedure Sunday, the Vikings are reportedly set to bring back former linebacker Anthony Barr, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Nice to hear that we could have some more depth at QB this week. :cool: https://www.vikings.com/news/o-connell-updates-jordan-hicks-justin-jefferson-qbs
« Last Edit: November 11/14/23, 07:13:58 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not so much worried about depth at QB as I am about depth at WR.

KOD said they were being careful with JJ.  I think that means they want to give Dobbs one more week to see what they have before they risk putting JJ back out there.  We'll see.  I want to see Dobbs and JJ get some practice/playing time together to develop some chemistry.

Perennial backups like Mullens and Mannion don't do anything for me.  Same with Jaren Hall, a 5th round draft pick who is little more than a project for the future.  However, I'm very anxious to see if Dobbs has that "IT" factor that every team is looking for.  I hope he does and I think he might.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Dobbs needs more games for  a decent evaluation. Nice come back win at Atlanta. But the second half against New Orleans was forgettable. 3 points in a half won't get it done. But missing top 2 receivers and top 2 running backs makes it tough.

Denver is playing well now and Sunday's game could be tough. We will have to see.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a lot of depth at WR as was evident Sunday when 5 guys caught 12 balls. Personally, I was more worried about Hockenson as he had 11 all by himself & he's not even on the IL this morning. :cool: Osborn is listed as Questionable, so he may be able to play Sunday too. JJ, himself, said late last week he wasn't going to play until he was 100% when he was asked about playing against the Saints. KO'C was asked about his 2nd half play calling in the post game press conference too. He pretty much said he was looking to protect the football a good share of the time & with so many injuries, I can't say I blame him. Denver won the GB game with an INT on their own 12 yd line with 1:40 left & the Broncos have had 9 forced TO's in their last 2 wins over KC & Buffalo. Russell Wilson has been playing a lot better but I think winning the TO battle will be key Sunday night.
« Last Edit: November 11/15/23, 02:51:30 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a lot of depth at WR ...
Maybe they don't need to sign JJ if since they have Addison and enough up-and-comers and they can use the money elsewhere.  :scratch: :nerd: :popcorn:

Naw, I want JJ on the team.   ;)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they re-signed Myles Gaskin RB to the practice squad right away Monday. I think :scratch: that's at least the 3rd time they've done that this season.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I suppose running the Wishbone offense is out of the question?    :rotflmao:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
After the 1st practice of the week, we have 5 guys listed as Quetionable. Evans & Mattison didn't take part in practice while Hall & Hockenson, who wasn't even on the IL yday  :scratch: when I looked, were limited during it. No updates on Asamoah as he is just listed as Questionable.
« Last Edit: November 11/17/23, 07:26:44 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: It looks like Hall will be able to play Sunday if he's needed as he practiced yday.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good I see Hall as the next one up.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Halls concussion must have been pretty serious.  The downfall of having your QB running the ball. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Being a running quarterback in the NFL is a tough way to make a buck. However in the Vikings case they had no choice but to turn these guys loose. They had little to no experience and in Dobbs case didn't even know the plays. I can hear O'Connell now..."just go run around make a few plays and try not to get hurt."

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Jefferson listed as "Questionable."

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Jefferson out......probably till after the Bye Week.

Mullins will be the backup QB

Anthony Barr activated off the practice squad.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mattison is now expected to play, they activated Williams(CB) off the practice squad for some depth as Evans is still out, & Reed(OL) has been ruled out as well.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Denver's defense is last in the league in yards allowed/game but they're # 10 against the pass, so I won't be too surprised to see KO'C call a few more running plays today. With Mattison's health the way it is, Chandler may get a few more chances today. They better keep an eye on Wilson though so he doesn't run us out of stadium & we will need to protect the ball too.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
"There were plenty of reasons why the Minnesota Vikings lost the game against the Denver Broncos by a score of 21-20. You could talk about the three turnovers that turned into nine Broncos points or the offensive line that couldn’t hold up against the pass rush."

"What was the most frustrating was the officiating on Sunday night. Not just because the Vikings lost the game, but also for player safety."

"Multiple times, the Broncos defenders hit a Vikings player recklessly and there wasn’t a flag thrown."

« Last Edit: November 11/20/23, 11:30:35 AM by KEN W »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikes like to run the prevent offense.  When they need a touchdown to seal the deal, they are content to run the ball three times to burn as much clock as possible, kick the field goal, and turn it over to the defense.   :pouty:  But what do I know about football.   :confused:  That's right.  Nothing.   :bonk:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
"There were plenty of reasons why the Minnesota Vikings lost the game against the Denver Broncos by a score of 21-20. You could talk about the three turnovers that turned into nine Broncos points or the offensive line that couldn’t hold up against the pass rush."
"What was the most frustrating was the officiating on Sunday night. Not just because the Vikings lost the game, but also for player safety." "Multiple times, the Broncos defenders hit a Vikings player recklessly and there wasn’t a flag thrown."
https://news.yahoo.com/nfl-suspends-broncos-kareem-jackson-003246452.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall They got a FG off that & without that we get the W. There was another helmet-to-helmet with Mattison in the 2nd half that was pretty obvious too.  :angry2: :pouty:
« Last Edit: November 11/21/23, 06:30:26 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
But yet is cost us the game.  What a bunch of BS.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings got outscored 12 to 3 in the 4th quarter. That's what cost them the game. This isn't flag football.
They are a decent team but not the champions you all dream of.
Sniff, sniff

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Dobbs is just different than what the Vikings had. Cousins stands in the pocket and looks for receivers. Dobbs takes off and runs hoping to find a receiver. Two different guys, two different approaches and two different ways they need to be coached.

Cousins can win you a game & Dobbs can lose you a game. Dobbs isn't the long term answer, he is a career backup put into a tough spot. Enjoy what you are getting but don't think for a minute he can beat the top echelon teams in the NFL.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, Dobbs is a stopgap thing to help us get by and it has worked real good.  Now that everyone that we can't throw more than 20 yards they are all keyed on that.  He is a lot of fun when it works and he did not lose that last game neither.  Will be fun to see his development but I want to see Hall.  He seems like more of a long term thing to me.  ?????   I don't know chkt. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I agree, what little we got to see of Hall he seems to be a blend between Cousins with the ability to throw and Dobbs ability to run. I'd like to see more.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hall, Evans, & Asamoah are all listed as questionable today & they were all out yday. See how much they're able to practice this week & they might be able to play Monday. :scratch: Personally, I would be pretty surprised to see Hall start against the Bears though. If they don't stop the TOs, it won't matter who plays QB IMO. :rolleyes:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Get Dobbs out of there and don't ever put him back in.  I think KOC knew the bubble was going to pop and it just did.  Get Hall in there.  Worst half I think I have ever seen.