Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Worry and concern  (Read 2233 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Funny topic but for some reason I am usually worried and concerned a few days before the rifle deer hunt.  I believe it's because I feel responsible for everyone having a good successful and safe hunt.  Weather is always a concern because it can have a big effect on the enjoyment of everyone's hunt.  Will there be a problem at the cabin which prevents everyone from staying there.  Will it be so wet some may not be able to get there.  As most of you know I am the Patriarch of the camp and I just want everyone to be comfortable and have a great hunt so that's a bit of weight on me.  Any one else in a similar position feel this way?   :scratch:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Oh.... I feel the same way DE!
Every year, the kids come home to hunt.
My son, I don't worry about as much.....but, my girls is a whole different story.
I want them to enjoy their time, and I do the best I can.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Its normal De to hope and worry at the same time, the family will be together and tgats all that matters. The hunt is the bonus..

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

I'm the same way with any thing I put together with family or friends. Be it Deer hunting, a Ice fishing outing to keep everyone safe, warm and catching something, snowmobiling, safe, warm and snacks.  :undecided:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yep I feel the same. Not so much deer hunting. My brother is there also, so we share the responsibility.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Yep,  right there with you.  Things always have a way of working out.

The spot my daughter and I had scouted and put up trailcams had someone else's stand in it.  Plan B.  This spot had 5 scrapes in 100 yards and I saw 5 does while bow hunting. 
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ya der!  i worrie to, but thru a new bunch of freinds im learning to deal with worry. ther a great prayer to this also.
i also worry for glenn, cause he just might shoot a deer and not know what to do. but those odd are pretty low.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Glenn_S

• Outdoorsman
You know you are getting older when "Dad's" responsibilities slowly shift to yourself. When did I get old?  :angry2:

I gues deer hunting is part of handing off the torch from whomever was the patriarch of the group...
"I hope we have once again reminded people, that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the replies guys.  It helps to know others are in similar situations.  I should be used to it being I've owned this property since the early 1990's.  Being the owner I had and continue to have some obligation to ensure everything goes smoothly.  We have been very successful over the years, no fights, no accidents, and plenty of deer killed. I watched my sons and my grandson shoot their first deer.  I was there when my dad shot his last deer at 91. I continue to be happy and thrilled when anyone shoots a big bucks (or first deer).  I think I have another 10 years in me as being the patriarch and then would be happy to pass it on to my son and his son.  Probably the hardest part is making decisions that will impact the property for years to come.  If you hunt with someone who is the leader or patriarch of your group, don't forget to express your appreciation for what he does to keep the group together.  Again, thanks for letting me express my thoughts and I do believe I am ready for another rifle season.  Good luck to all.

Back in August I chose the spot but my son and grandson put up the stand.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
good luck deadeye! enjoy it for what it is be safe!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"