Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 506880 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
                                             :queen:

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/despite-coronavirus-fears-it-s-business-usual-gay-cruise-n1157896

I clicked on the link and there is a note posted at the top that the cruise has been conceded since the article was first posted.
Ahh darn it, that onboard dance party sounded like fun!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
And, after the dancing.... simply maahvelous movies!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/F0atOyLYP3s
« Last Edit: March 03/16/20, 01:17:23 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well.........LPS and JB.............looks like no sneeking across da border now!!!!!!!!!!! canada is now closed to foriegners!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :shocked:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm applying for assylum. I'm an escapee!  :azn:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well.........LPS and JB.............looks like no sneeking across da border now!!!!!!!!!!! canada is now closed to foriegners!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :shocked:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/canada-closing-borders-to-non-citizens-americans-exempted/ar-BB11gIVY?li=BBnb7Kz

this is what I read...  so go on over Glenn!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/canada-closing-borders-to-non-citizens-americans-exempted/ar-BB11gIVY?li=BBnb7Kz

this is what I read...  so go on over Glenn!!
naw i'm good. i just read the headline.........i was busy doing union thuggery!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: makes no sense, close the border but with exceptions????? :doofus: :doofus: :doofus: especially since these cooties are here!!!!!!!!! :scratch: :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
politics Glenn Politics!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
politics Glenn Politics!!!
TRUMPS FAULT...... right Lee!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :sleazy: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard there was a positive test at Ft. Frances.  Right across from I. Falls.   I heard today that the US is closing the border but Canada is letting people in yet.  Not sure if it is true or not. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Lee I'm afraid to have to tell you, your worm wrangling days are over. I read all Illinois parks are now closed. :tut: :doah:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
NORTH BORDER UPDATE:  LOL  I called the Border Patrol, I know a few of them.  Good guys.  Well they have not had any info on closings.  BUT like the above thing from Trudea that was posted, that is the only deal.  AND if you are a Canadian or American citizen you can cross so no big deal.  Probably in the future though. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I click on links on here like I go out to eat, dont happen, I'll be fine.. Sounds like the patrons will be ok as well.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
went to Walmart today and they were bad.  They had a shipment of toilet paper but ran out fast.  Costco had a semi truck full of toilet paper and ran out quick.  Cub actually had better selection than Walmart but still short supply.  I think the stores biggest problem is that they don't have time to stock the stuff.  they need to close down by 9pm and open at 7am.  this will give them time to stock the stuff.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are only going near people when we have to.  The wife's work is pushing for more phone interviews and less personal contact interviews.  Sure hope she doesn't end up working from home.  Will cramp my style.  LOL   I actually have no style.  No it would be great but I would keep talking to here and that would bother her whilst working.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya know a person can wipe their azz with a wet wash rag too.  No big deal if you run out of toilet paper.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah, it's just a big farce. It'll all be Okey-dokey for everyone, even the restaurant owners like my friends that are gonna get whammed. Nothing but a sunshine enema! Slide right thru it like a monkey on a banana peel! :party1:
« Last Edit: March 03/16/20, 08:12:09 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I feel for all of these business that are closing down.  It is a good thing to get this under control but there are going to be lots of them that go out of business. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I feel for all of these business that are closing down.  It is a good thing to get this under control but there are going to be lots of them that go out of business.

and I wonder how need less that will be?????????????  just asking..........

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I know It's probably gonna hurt my buddy Charlie and his 4 waitresses if it lasts a month for him. Not to mention the cooks, too....I feel for all of them, because they're my friends. I'll do all I can for them. in the end, I doubt it'll make a difference. Too many other public places to get it.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I know It's probably gonna hurt my buddy Charlie and his 4 waitresses if it lasts a month for him. Not to mention the cooks, too....I feel for all of them, because they're my friends. I'll do all I can for them. in the end, I doubt it'll make a difference. Too many other public places to get it.

and that is what I'm asking............

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Then there's  the private sector..I see the punkster next door had FOUR trucks with his buddies and girlfriends pull up again this afternoon with 12 packs and plenty of beer. Almost a daily occurrence over there. He's got a bar and pool table set up in his GARAGE....What if one or two have it? They'll all go to work (if they are) tomorrow, and those ones will pas it to the bunch at work, who then get together with others of his buddies.....how do you control that?
« Last Edit: March 03/16/20, 08:44:35 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I lucked out with all of the closures, since I am drive thru only I can stay open for business. I’m sure business will be down but at least I’ll still be able make enough money to pay the bills I hope.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They all need to go drive thru or bring it out to your car type of thing to stay in business.  May actually work well for some of them.  People still need to eat.  Any good food in a drive thru should do well. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder about all the street vendor/food trucks here...I would guess they can stay open. They're inside, yer outside. That's at least 3' away. Transmission distance.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder about all the street vendor/food trucks here...I would guess they can stay open. They're inside, yer outside. That's at least 3' away. Transmission distance.

Still a lot less exposure than sitting in a room full of people close together.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I just said. They best not tell them to close. They don't meet the Infection Control three methods of probable pathogen transmission. In case yer wondering, we had to re-certify in Infection Control every spring and take the test. Along with the radiation training and testing. Want me test yer Coleman silk lantern mantles? They're naturally radioactive. *clickety*click-click* Just thought I'd throw that in there for yer enjoyment and evening entertainment.
« Last Edit: March 03/16/20, 09:38:08 PM by Rebel SS »