Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503405 times)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't do anything with the wack job from Michigan and since when is Kentucky part of the Midwest?  :scratch:

Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I'm sure this was invented by a certain person on here....... :scratch:

https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2020/04/17
« Last Edit: April 04/17/20, 06:52:52 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't do anything with the wack job from Michigan and since when is Kentucky part of the Midwest?  :scratch:

Since the Prez flunked geography.  :rolleyes:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the longer they try and extend this stuff the bigger the protest are going to become. Rolling us in with that moonbat from Michigan is a bad idea. :angry2:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I love that word "moonbat".... :rotflmao: :happy1:

Anywho, now they say here ya CAN'T do groundskeeping.....last week it was you can, they had THAT on the news....read in the article about they admit ya can't get a straight answer. I don't think they have a $%^# clue what is what. It's all gonna blow up in their face pretty danged soon, IMO, anyway.

https://www.postbulletin.com/news/local/even-without-tee-times-golf-courses-need-maintenance/article_d1245480-7812-11ea-8edb-db9467932ace.html
« Last Edit: April 04/17/20, 07:16:19 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Michigan is now at 28% total unemployment........more than during the great depression of the 30's. And we're now in with their gov on a plan.... :doah:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Michigan is now at 28% total unemployment........more than during the great depression of the 30's. And we're now in with their gov on a plan.... :doah:
Right. Things are supposed to get better not worse. :doah:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No reason to not open golf courses.  At least it is one safe thing people can do.  I am sure there are others too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
CNBC's new #'s yday for UE sign ups had another 5.4 million last week, that's > 22 million in the last month nationwide. That's just a shade < 7%. :crazy: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
after I heard sconnie extended the safer at home order I sent a text to my brudder telling him it looks like he's grounded from fishing opener. his response was...……...YAH RIGHT!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
CNBC's new #'s yday for UE sign ups had another 5.4 million last week, that's > 22 million in the last month nationwide. That's just a shade < 7%. :crazy: :pouty:

Geez, they dropped 7% now.... :bonk: :doofus:

The filings represent about 21 percent of the state’s workforce, which puts Michigan second only to Hawaii in the percentage of its workforce applying for jobless benefits.   

https://www.bridgemi.com/economy/depression-level-michigan-unemployment-tops-1-million-coronavirus
« Last Edit: April 04/17/20, 08:59:03 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
after I heard sconnie extended the safer at home order I sent a text to my brudder telling him it looks like he's grounded from fishing opener. his response was...……...YAH RIGHT!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
So does this not willing to listening, specially if it's somethin they don't want to hear, run in the whole family or just the guys? :scratch:                                ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So someone leaked the correct info so now China has to backtrack and make their story sound good.  And to say their economy has only dropped 6% is another lie. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 & they're lookin for that person as we speak. He will undoubtely disappear & never be heard from again. :crazy: :tut:  :sad:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So someone leaked the correct info so now China has to backtrack and make their story sound good.  And to say their economy has only dropped 6% is another lie. 

Maybe it's becuz they don't HAVE an economy in Wuhan area....

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So does this not willing to listening, specially if it's somethin they don't want to hear, run in the whole family or just the guys? :scratch:                                ;) :laugh: :laugh:
well since there are only the 2 of us...…….and where do you think I get it from!!!!!!!! i'm the alter boy in the family!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Separately, the idea that the virus emerged at an animal market in Wuhan continues to be debated by experts. Dr. Ronald Waldman, a former official at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and a public health expert at George Washington University, said the theory has fallen out of favor in some quarters, in part because one of the early infected persons had no connection to the market.

Related

U.S. spy agencies collected raw intel hinting at public health crisis in Wuhan, China, in November
Two laboratories in Wuhan have been conducting research on coronaviruses found in bats.

In November 2017, the research team at the Wuhan Institute of Virology published a a paper identifying the bat population that may have harbored the virus that caused the 2015 SARS epidemic.

U.S. officials have said repeatedly that China has not been transparent in its handling of the virus. The Chinese government has refused to turn over early samples to American researchers, and China has detained people who tried to call attention to the emerging pandemic. Those people can no longer be found.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
was wondering that too.....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
personally, I find it hard to believe any stats now. I have seen and read that some of these deaths may or may not also be related to influenza and or pneumonia and there listing COVID just to shore up the numbers to make this stay at home thing more plausible.

just my opinion.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
personally, I find it hard to believe any stats now. I have seen and read that some of these deaths may or may not also be related to influenza and or pneumonia and there listing COVID just to shore up the numbers to make this stay at home thing more plausible.

just my opinion.

would not surprise me....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
*BREAKING*        *BREAKING*         *BREAKING*

Here ya go! End of discussion!

Gov. Walz announces extension of outdoor recreation

Created: April 17, 2020 11:07 AM

(ABC 6 News) - Gov. Tim Walz issued  Executive Order 20-38 Friday, which expands allowable outdoor recreational activities that include hiking on trails, golfing, fishing, hunting and more.

These guidelines include maintaining 6-foot social distancing, avoiding crowded areas, and staying close to home.

“It’s important for us to stay active and enjoy the outdoors while preventing the spread of COVID-19,” said Governor Walz. “This measure will allow Minnesotans to take advantage of more opportunities to get outside, while still doing their part to keep their neighbors healthy.”

Under Executive Order 20-38, facilities that may reopen or remain open include:
Bait shops for live bait
Outdoor shooting ranges and game farms
Public and private parks and trails
Golf courses and driving ranges
Boating and off-highway vehicle services, including:
Marina services
Dock installation and other lake services
Boat and off-highway vehicle sales and repair, by appointment only

Campgrounds and dispersed camping, outdoor recreational equipment retail stores, recreational equipment rental, charter boats, launches, and guided fishing remain closed.

Minnesotans should continue to take part in outdoor activities close to their primary residence. Staying home helps protect Minnesotans from spreading COVID-19 and limits pressure on rural medical facilities and essential supplies.

These new provisions will go into effect on Saturday, April 18 at 5:00 a.m., and will have the full force and effect of law upon approval by the executive council.
« Last Edit: April 04/17/20, 11:30:46 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks Reb...…..good info. but some ambigious interpretation could be had here??

all campgrounds closed or just state and or county??? are private campgrounds included.

recreational rentals?? does that mean places like Geyer rental is I need a garden tiller???

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I dunno.. just Timmy's latest. I'd take it at face value and run with it.   🏃‍♂️

It says Marina Services are open, but then below it it says Launches are closed...and charters. HTF you get the boat in without using launches? I say screw it. I'm gonna do my own interpretation. They don't like it, try to write me a ticket. Never hold up.
« Last Edit: April 04/17/20, 11:47:20 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see now Trump is saying the Gov. of Mn, Mich, and Virginia should loosen up...  all are Dem...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think ALL of 'em should go jump in the lake. Maintain 6' distance, though.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I see now Trump is saying the Gov. of Mn, Mich, and Virginia should loosen up...  all are Dem...
Of course, he wants less dems

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Some resorts who run boats for guided group trips used call them launches & I think :scratch: that's probably what they are referring to. I know that some on Winnie used to call 'em that. Charter boats makes me think more of the Great Lakes & ocean fishing. Just my $.02
« Last Edit: April 04/17/20, 12:11:45 PM by Gunner55 »