Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503360 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Mix some chopped walnuts in with the cherry..... :kiss:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it just dawned on me what the COVID is paving the way for.......no need to be in despair...!

https://youtu.be/kMRWPu1LCXw
« Last Edit: April 04/19/20, 11:54:47 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sooooo...I was wondering if the next thing is gonna be mosquitoes can transmit COVID from one person to another... :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well Del said farts will... just sayin...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So mosquito's fart?!  :scratch:   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/19/20, 02:28:51 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Sooooo...I was wondering if the next thing is gonna be mosquitoes can transmit COVID from one person to another... :scratch:
last week that was on channel 4 as one of there good question segments. They said the CDC that's not likely.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So, I stopped at Sly-Vee, home of the ripoff, 'cuz they are real close and I just wanted some stuff to make coleslaw and to grab some tater salad. Boy, that place is so spendy it's crazy!  :doah:  Anywho, noticed a couple people kinda glared at me as I passed them, wondered what that was all about. Then the overhead speaker goes off, "reminding all of our shoppers to follow the one-way arrows on the floor, (and the corner ones) to prevent passing people in the opposite direction, keeping us all safe"....what they hey??!?!?!? Was then I noticed arrows drawn on floor so you can only go ONE WAY down an aisle, and have to turn in "proper direction" to get to another aisle....and of course, I was going the wrong way.  That's going just a BIT TOO far IMO.  Almost wished I woulda worn my bandanna mask (had regular one on) and I woulda pulled my coat back exposing the .40 cal so someone could see
the bandanna mask and gun..."ROBBER! HE's GOT A GUN!"   :moon:   ;)
« Last Edit: April 04/19/20, 06:47:45 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
A bit too far is packing heat at slyvee.  :crazy: Been that way for a week or so around here, but the Texacans today that i seen don't bother with rules..
« Last Edit: April 04/19/20, 03:47:49 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hate ta tell bud, but there are all kinds of places doing that same thing.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
A bit too far is packing heat at slyvee.  :crazy: Been that way for a week or so around here, but the Texacans today that i seen don't bother with rules..

To each his own, right? Carry isn't a now you do, now you don't thing. The last shooting was in their parking lot.  Maybe we aren't as nicey nice down here as where you live. :crazy:
« Last Edit: April 04/19/20, 03:52:52 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hate ta tell bud, but there are all kinds of places doing that same thing.

First time I've seen arrows painted on floors. The stockers were going back and forth in the aisles...

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Alright,  I got another smite just like that o mighty smiter.. No I'm not afraid to go out in public without a side arm. No need.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Kinda follows the course of me gettin' 'em,eh? I'm happy for ya. I'll keep that in mind.  Kinda depends what you've seen in yer profession, doesn't it? Like I said, to each his own. Doesn't affect me.
« Last Edit: April 04/19/20, 03:59:26 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Just re read your post, getting crazy in a supermarket packing heat probably isn't a good combo, when you were in the wrong to begin with..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Who's gonna get crazy? How long ya wanna keep at it? I was in the wrong? But that's  OK Capt. Whatever works for ya. I'm done with this.
« Last Edit: April 04/19/20, 04:37:52 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Wrong direction for starters, gotta keep up Hass. Packing heat when your unstable,  its all in your post..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Who's gonna get crazy? How long ya wanna keep at it? I was in the wrong? But that's  OK Capt. Whatever works for ya. I'm done with this.
so you are saying it's ok for you to not abide by rules they expect all customers to follow??

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So now I'm unstable?! Pretty rash assumptions there, bobber. You're way outta line on that BS, FYI. I won't make judgement like that on other members.  And Glenn, quit putting yer words and take in my mouth. I did not NOTICE THEM, (the arrows) and They WERE followed after I did. You seem incapable of following a tongue in cheek satire sentence..... Didn't you learn that in college? But no reason to explain to two tag-teamers. I'm done with yer curbstone lawyer and judgmental tactics. Like I said, to each his own. Believe what you will. Maybe you two could get together and compare notes. That's as nasty as I'll get. End of subject. It has no reasonable outcome. I'm sure we all have better things to do. Believe what you must, but DROP IT and move on. No ones interested anyway.. Enjoy yer nite.  There may not be many left for some of us the way it's going.
« Last Edit: April 04/19/20, 05:36:59 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Read a story about a small town grocery guy.   His store had like an odd number of aisles or something so if he made them one way you came in the front door, went through the aisles (like the commisary when I was at fort ord)  and ended up in the back of the store in frozen foods.... :crazy:

But yeah when I was at fort ord, the commissary was the grocery store on post run by the government.   Had great prices.   Aisles were all one way and you got one  pass through.   Line out the door.   

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
One way isles?   :scratch:

Everyone knows that when everyone walks in the same direction and someone coughs, the virus falls straight to the floor so the cleaning crew can sanitize it.
 You can't pick up the virus by walking through someone's backwash.   :rotflmao:

When are we going to figure out that if you are anywhere near someone who has the virus, and they aren't wearing a mask, and they haven't washed their hands since the last time the coughed in their hands or licked their fingers, you've got a high probability of getting it.  One way isles aren't going to save you.   :bonk:
 :mad1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I am with you Rebs. Any time we travel out and about I am carrying also. I would do it more if I could bring it into work with me but I can't. I would rather have it with me and never need it. then to need it and not have on me!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When we were in the store at I Falls we noticed the arrows on the floor after we were about done shopping.  It was just a quick pick up a few things deal.  Now we know.  Drove the wife to Dollar store yesterday.  She made me stay in the truck which was ok with me.  She wore a mask and got our stuff quick and then out.  I watched as almost noone else did any social distancing or precautions.   :crazy:  Did not hear any gunfire.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Read a story about a small town grocery guy.   His store had like an odd number of aisles or something so if he made them one way you came in the front door, went through the aisles (like the commisary when I was at fort ord)  and ended up in the back of the store in frozen foods.... :crazy:

But yeah when I was at fort ord, the commissary was the grocery store on post run by the government.   Had great prices.   Aisles were all one way and you got one  pass through.   Line out the door.

I can just see that working in MPLS.

Hey lady you can't.......................   
I don't give no dam bout you one way aisle! Why don't you mind you own dam bidness!  :rolleyes:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

I can just see that working in MPLS.

Hey lady you can't.......................   
I don't give no dam bout you one way aisle! Why don't you mind you own dam bidness!  :rolleyes:

:scratch:......   Wait a minute dare bucko! My wife was never in MPLS :angry2:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well the pork plant in Worthington,JBS, has shut down completely now....  the county went from 2 cases to 76 already... 

https://mndps.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f28f84968c1148129932c3bebb1d3a1a

that is a state map of the counties and numbers..
« Last Edit: April 04/20/20, 11:22:43 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
A lot of the hogs from these parts have been going to Worthington
 I mostly feel for the farmers

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
There has been a big rift in Worthington for a few years now between the people that grew up there and the new influx of immigrants.  This is going to make it even worse. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Our daily news comference has been being held at 11 everyday & she just finished today's. There's been 3 plants with outbreaks down here. The 1 inTama that Reb mentioned processes beef & the other 2 are Tyson chicken processing plants. One is in Waterloo & the other is Columbus Junction which is a 1/2 hour or so south of Iowa City.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon