Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503328 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Went grocery shopping today, the bleach lysol,  and syringes were flying off the shelves after Trump recommended we shoot up with disinfectants!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh my!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Well Roony, looks like you are close to a limit.   Hooked two anyway.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Catch and Release!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Catch and Release!

That's good, gotta preserve the brood stock.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Went grocery shopping today, the bleach lysol,  and syringes were flying off the shelves after Trump recommended we shoot up with disinfectants!

So, were you drinking watching the news or grocery shopping?  Or Both?   :doofus:   :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

So, were you drinking watching the news or grocery shopping?  Or Both?   :doofus:   :rotflmao:

Having a drink in each hand is the only way I can comply with not touching my face.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Lucky for me that scratching my nutz isn't prohibited.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Lucky for me that scratching my nutz isn't prohibited.

Why, are they on your face?  :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: good luck.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Hey guys I know a lot of you like pork to grill  :happy1:  and I noticed that some have mentioned the prob in packing houses and one mention of the piglets.   It’s true, the piglet farms I’m involved in Nodak, there will be NO isoweiners (piglets)in the near future.. So stockup your freezers and vacupac some Ribs... or You will just be smoking walleye!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is what I was thinking of doing Corny.  Waiting for todays paper with the weekly specials.  Supposed to be ribs on sale. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I ran this past my wife about ordering a half a hog, she didn't seem to interested?? :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I sure wouldn't mind getting a half a hog but the wife probably isn't game. She gets migraines from the nitrates in cured meats and isn't real keen on pork in general when I buy it. We've got three lambs in the freezer now, one of which we're not sure will get delivered to the Twin Cities (long story). And that's OK. It'll all get used up. We'll make more.
« Last Edit: April 04/27/20, 10:08:45 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Baaaaa
Too bad my mom isn't still home, I'd try to work out a trade for some lamb, she just loves it.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Latest casualty

https://msrabacktothe50s.com/ 

No surprise here. Putting 12,000 collector and modified automobiles June 19th - 21st into the State Fair grounds and more people than that wasn't in the cards this time around. MSRA will be applying our $35 entry fee for this year's event to next year's. Was hoping that was how they'd handle that. In the meantime, nothing saying we can't get 'em out and drive 'em around or there damn well better not be... :cool:
« Last Edit: April 04/27/20, 12:32:28 PM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just got an email from our shop in Sioux Falls. They have there first reported case of COVID, and the ones with close contact are now quarentened.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-nw-coronavirus-slaughterhouse-meat-inspectors-20200427-pqz4wsv77jagneesyhzfeo3pya-story.html

I just got this from another retired food inspector...  the head of the agency that is talking in the artical I know him, that's all I'm sayin too...  the management can hide at home, the on line inspectors can't     

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-plans-to-order-meat-processing-plants-to-stay-open-during-coronavirus/ar-BB13kBRq?li=BBnb7Kz

here's an interesting one I just read..
Yea I just read that to. Wowzer, courts are going  to be busy wether he says employees are able to sue if not

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-nw-coronavirus-slaughterhouse-meat-inspectors-20200427-pqz4wsv77jagneesyhzfeo3pya-story.html

I just got this from another retired food inspector...  the head of the agency that is talking in the artical I know him, that's all I'm sayin too...  the management can hide at home, the on line inspectors can't   
so he was a HH buddy! :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-plans-to-order-meat-processing-plants-to-stay-open-during-coronavirus/ar-BB13kBRq?li=BBnb7Kz

here's an interesting one I just read..
If minnesota can indeed do 20k tests per day as claimed (yesterday they did 2.4k) then workers could be tested and if negative go to work.   Temperature screening as a add on might also help. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been temp screened 3 times already. Expect it again Thursday when I give blood.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

so he was a HH buddy! :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

when he first started we worked side by side on the lines...  then he left that life to go into management..  so yes back in the day we did do HH... 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
So when did the narrative change from

"we need to slow the rate of spread to build up the capacity to treat those infected"
(flatten the curve)

to

"we need to keep people from being exposed to save lives"
(if all the stuff we do saves just one life - then everything is worth it).   
:confused:

Still no easy answers, but it seems to me we aren't heading in the right direction yet.

Yes, we already know it is dangerous to be old and in-firmed in a care facility, but what we really need to know is how safe it is for otherwise healthy people to continue working critical jobs in areas where the virus is actively spreading.

If you are not using your limited testing resources to find out betters answers to this critical question, then - in my opinion - you are not using the limited capacity as wisely as you could.