Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503983 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are supporting the don't wear a mask crowd with your rambling.  We all have our own feelings and level of support and caring on this issue.  None are completely right or completely wrong. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I think he bends all directions on this!!    just to argue!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya I know that! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
not arguing, just voicing my opinion like everyone else.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
If I don't like the way some place does business :tut:.........................I don't shop there. :bonk: :doah: :rolleyes: :doofus: :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is my 2 cents. If the store has a policy that requires me to wear a mask. I will wear a mask. If the store does not have a policy to not wear a mask I will choose not to wear a mask. I still don't know what to believe on the mask thing. At one point they said it did no good. Then some changed their tune and said it may help, but still no agreement on the issue.  :crazy: That is my 2 cents.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
as Glenn said yesterday I think it was, they are saying Stearns Cty, St Cloud area, is the next big hot spot...  mostly because of more testing they say too.. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here, JB! I didn't realize it until looking into it yday that as of 4/23 there was 6 states & 3 major cities that were requiring masks. The article I read, CNN , said that not all were strictly enforcing it though. I'll bet not every business in those places are furnishing masks for free. It was on the news this week that one of those cities, Miami, opened their beaches back up over this last weekend & so many of the people weren't wearing masks that the locals :police: approached some of them to tell them they need to wear them. The  :police: were met with so much hostility that the city shut the beaches back down. :crazy: :pouty:
« Last Edit: May 05/05/20, 08:05:01 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I read this morning that a guard was shot at a family dollar store over him telling some one they had to wear a mask... 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I read this morning that a guard was shot at a family dollar store over him telling some one they had to wear a mask... 
Yeah mike, that was in Michgan yday & the reason I posted:   
:scratch: Wonder if the people watchin the door for Menards will start wearin bulletproof vests tomorrow? :crazy: :sad:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got ya, I missed that!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here, JB! I didn't realize it until looking into it yday that as of 4/23 there was 6 states & 3 major cities that were requiring masks. The article I read, CNN , said that not all were strictly enforcing it though. I'll bet not every business in those places are furnishing masks for free. It was on the news this week that one of those cities, Miami, opened their beaches back up over this last weekend & so many of the people weren't wearing masks that the locals :police: approached some of them to tell them they need to wear them. The  :police: were met with so much hostility that the city shut the beaches back down. :crazy: :pouty:

You can always trust the News! They post pictures after all!  :bs:
Click-It.
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I have no problem with the stores telling me that i need to wear a mask in their stores. Now when the government starts telling me that I need to wear a mask in public outside. Then they can kiss me big white  :moon:. !
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I have no problem with the stores telling me that i need to wear a mask in their stores. Now when the government starts telling me that I need to wear a mask in public outside. Then they can kiss me big white  :moon:. !

Better wear two masks for that...

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Last night on the News the MN DNR was suggesting to fish local and Not go up north because of Social Distancing at the boat launches and other places.

First off, my boat is 17' long I'm sure two people have 6' feet to stay away from each other.  :rolleyes:

Second off, I stay in my SUV waiting until the person in the launch plays back and forth for 20mins trying to launch their boat! I don't need to get out and talk to the clown!  :bonk:

Third off, I don't fish 6' feet from another persons boat because I'm afraid of getting hit with a Beer bottle!  :mad1:

I think we're better off at the lake then at Menard's!  :doah:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Illustration of proper use of face masks...
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
aw there goes Glenn's puter again!!! 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I hope he has AAA... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: mums the word here!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Suddenly the CDC reverses its guidelines about the reuse of certain masks.  Just sayin...   :embarrassed:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
it isnt about fishing, its about the gas stations, grociery stores, batit shops, restuants, one might spread or pick  the 19 on the way to fishing grounds.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, plenty of mixed messages.

Resort owners in vacation land...  We feel your pain.  Go ahead and open your businesses with these restrictions and precautions...

Fishermen...  Stay close to home so we don't have outbreak hot spots popping up all over the state.

So what...?  Resorts are supposed to open for their clients from Backus and Hackensack?   :confused:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What a great marketing strategy. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Last night on the News the MN DNR was suggesting to fish local and Not go up north because of Social Distancing at the boat launches and other places.

First off, my boat is 17' long I'm sure two people have 6' feet to stay away from each other.  :rolleyes:

Second off, I stay in my SUV waiting until the person in the launch plays back and forth for 20mins trying to launch their boat! I don't need to get out and talk to the clown!  :bonk:

Third off, I don't fish 6' feet from another persons boat because I'm afraid of getting hit with a Beer bottle!  :mad1:

I think we're better off at the lake then at Menard's!  :doah:
Yeah, believin everything you see or hear on Fox News, CNN, or even CBS, NBC, or ABC is  :crazy: :tut: :pouty:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
it isnt about fishing, its about the gas stations, grociery stores, batit shops, restuants, one might spread or pick  the 19 on the way to fishing grounds.
Guess we'll find out as GR was cookin today & it's only Tuesday, wait 'til Thursday & Friday. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks that we've been up & we didn't go in to town until Thursday that week, they had 2 cashiers runnin at L & M that day & they had at least 6, maybe 8 today. Wally World, Home Depot, & Aldi's were about the same.  :crazy: The people wearin masks was ~ 1/2 IMO as there was the 1st time we were in town. Out of state plates & boats on the road were rare too.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I launch my boat in my yard. Keep your distance.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman

[/quote] Guess we'll find out as GR was cookin today & it's only Tuesday, wait 'til Thursday & Friday. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks that we've been up & we didn't go in to town until Thursday that week, they had 2 cashiers runnin at L & M that day & they had at least 6, maybe 8 today. Wally World, Home Depot, & Aldi's were about the same.  :crazy: The people wearin masks was ~ 1/2 IMO as there was the 1st time we were in town. Out of state plates & boats on the road were rare too.
[/quote]
Having spent time in GR and closer to the cities, it seems to me that the GR people were taking this more seriously. Lots more people in masks at the grocery stores. I was in the cities on Easter Sunday and went to Hy Vee Brooklyn Park— lots of unmasked people blocking aisles and crowding around areas like the meat counter and deli. I’m hoping that the GR people don’t relax too much.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh no. Never thought of them.  Sad.