Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503767 times)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Not what I said, your conspiracy theory is that the Chinese are the ones who are starting all the hair brained conspiracy theories, which is just another tin foil theory for the weak minded.
As far as the origin of the virus, I put more weight on the US intelligence services than the tweeters and internet know it alls.

So the BB-Plague didn't come from Rats, but some "Top Secret" US or China Lab in 1342?   :happy1: :happy1: :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I assume you are posting this question for Del, since I more or less agree with you.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so i have a couple questions. st cloud times headlines stated 728 new cases yesterday in the state. so how many tests were administered, which then begs to ask......how many then where negative.

it also said you could get tested by appointment only. so who and how do they determine who gets tested>>> do you have to have a sypmtom of some sort??????? or can any joe schmuck get tested.

and WHERE  are they testing............. numbers can easily be skewed based on where. are they still concentrating on high risk areas? or are these random testing places???????????????????????????????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
My understanding is that health providers can offer covid testing to the general public if you are experiencing covid symptoms; you don't have to be health care worker, first responder, etc.  But you do have to have a nurse triage approval to authrorize/order the testing.

However, the fact that they are still only testing "sick" people means the total new cases or percentage positive statistics still do not reflect how widespread the disease might be in the general population.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My understanding is that health providers can offer covid testing to the general public if you are experiencing covid symptoms; you don't have to be health care worker, first responder, etc.  But you do have to have a nurse triage approval to authrorize/order the testing.

However, the fact that they are still only testing "sick" people means the total new cases or percentage positive statistics still do not reflect how widespread the disease might be in the general population.
still doesnt answer the question on how many tests are done on a daily basis which would then tell you how many turned up negative.

if they only did 1000 tests yesterday yea its a high scary percentage, but if they did 5000??????????????????????????????

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they have posted a web site as to where to get tested at... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

still doesnt answer the question on how many tests are done on a daily basis which would then tell you how many turned up negative.

if they only did 1000 tests yesterday yea its a high scary percentage, but if they did 5000??????????????????????????????
Those mumbers are provided daily by the MDH. Most of the 2 pm briefings will tell you the number of tests for the previous day.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Try here under: Situation Update for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj59s_Jh6LpAhWVVs0KHeLrCnYQFjAAegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.health.state.mn.us%2Fdiseases%2Fcoronavirus%2F&usg=AOvVaw1OBamgdaz3jOr3aIuZpF0m

Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: thanks leech......so there are 93,232 tested and 8579 positive tests..........if my math is right thats less then 10% of all tests that are positive? :scratch: :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
but they are saying with 485 deaths, that is where it's worse than the flu...  that percentage...  but they confiuse me too the way they throw the numbers around their way...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
but they are saying with 485 deaths, that is where it's worse than the flu...  that percentage...  but they confiuse me too the way they throw the numbers around their way...
potatoes.............tomatoes.................... :evil: :evil:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
potatoes.............tomatoes.................... :evil: :evil:

see that's what I'm saying!!!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Not what I said, your conspiracy theory is that the Chinese are the ones who are starting all the hair brained conspiracy theories, which is just another tin foil theory for the weak minded.
As far as the origin of the virus, I put more weight on the US intelligence services than the tweeters and internet know it alls.

So the BB-Plague didn't come from Rats, but some "Top Secret" US or China Lab in 1342?   :happy1: :happy1: :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

There was no internet back then so we will never know....    :sleazy:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1: thanks leech......so there are 93,232 tested and 8579 positive tests..........if my math is right thats less then 10% of all tests that are positive? :scratch: :scratch:

It is still to hard to draw conclusions because there is not enough random samples.

Testing capacity started to ramp up after April 22 to over 2000 tests per day.  That appears to be trending towards 4-5000, per day now.

April 22-28 had about 10% test positive.  Since then the percent positive has been trending up.

May 4 it was 17% positive on 3300 tests,
May 5 it was 29% positive on 2000 tests,
May 6 it was 14% positive on 5200 tests, and
May 7 it was 18% positive on 4299 tests.

The other story here is that on May 5, anyone with symptoms could be tested - so more sick people got tested - and the percent positive goes up.

But we still have no clue as to how many folks in the general population may test positive without any symptoms.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

WRONG!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: alot of husbands claim these days they dont need internet either..............the said the wife knows everything!!!!!!! :confused: :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dats true Glenn!!!   :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Could swear I heard Jason on WCCO say something about 5,000 tests this mornin.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Word on the street so don't know if it is true so JB will have to verify for us.  I heard that Sanford is teaming up with Marvins to check for Covid at the plant.  Good idea if it is happening.

Hmm. Interesting as I have not heard anything about it. Yet. At least not in Warroad. As for the Trucks Gunner. Some are still running. Just way down on deliveries because many places can't take their orders.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Thanks JB, that's kind of what I figured.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
CNN had a segment last night that featured some of my neighbors that have to euthanize over 3000 hogs. This is a catastrophe for many hard working farmers.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
CNN had a segment last night that featured some of my neighbors that have to euthanize over 3000 hogs. This is a catastrophe for many hard working farmers.

That suks.  Why can't they sell them somewhere else or give them away to feed the Homeless? 
Or are they going to get Government compensated for them?

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
There is no where to have them processed, very few have the skills to home butcher these days. To my knowledge there is no government compensation. More family farms will be gone I fear.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
There is no where to have them processed, very few have the skills to home butcher these days. To my knowledge there is no government compensation. More family farms will be gone I fear.

Crazy world we have evolved in to. Prices go sky high for some pork and then we throw some in a hole and bury it.  :scratch:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Indeed it is.   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Wish we were closer. We would buy some off of them. I feel this is something that the Governors of the states should be doing something to help figure something out. I know plenty of people that can process a deer. The certainly can process a hog too. It is not that hard.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have friends and friends of friends that have big hog farms in the SW corner of the state.  I thought of going down and getting one but that is a big job and a long ways to go.  I bet the butchers down there are busy as can be.  I will ask a buddy down there about it today. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Unfortunately my freezers are full right now
 My son told me freezers are getting bought up.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I go down to see my parents or my friends sometimes I call the butcher shop and get a half hog butchered so it is all frozen and ready to go when I get there.  Good meat too. 

It is different now cuz I would have no place to stay when there.  My buddy is in marginal health so is hunkered down so can't stay there or even visit.
« Last Edit: May 05/08/20, 07:55:45 AM by LPS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My buddy just texted me back that the butchers are real busy.  Cattle too have to get butchered cuz the big plants don't want them after they get too heavy.  Man that all makes me hungry so I am having sausage and eggs for breakfast.  I could get a half hog in my freezer too.  If I got a great deal on one I could mayhaps talk the wife into it.  ????

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

With all the farmers and Hunters that know how to butcher it's odd no one has started a save the hog for food drive yet?  :confused: