Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 508612 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just talked to a gal, she's a bartender in Sauk Centre...  they are not going to open and Shadys won't be opening either the way it sounds... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I just watched the video again from the guy from Albany that owns six different bars in the area. He said they need $100,000 to take it to the supreme court and try to get this overturned. He has started a go fund me page. He said it took nine days in Wisconsin to get that done. Yesterday he got a call from the Attorney Generals office and was told if he opens they will get the max fine for every complaint issued against them. All I can say is good luck to him.
I am far from a lawyer but it is my understanding that Wisconsin law is different from ours in respect to Emergency Powers.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I just watched the video again from the guy from Albany that owns six different bars in the area. He said they need $100,000 to take it to the supreme court and try to get this overturned. He has started a go fund me page. He said it took nine days in Wisconsin to get that done. Yesterday he got a call from the Attorney Generals office and was told if he opens they will get the max fine for every complaint issued against them. All I can say is good luck to him.
yea I wouldn't open then either...…...one more week...…….. shouldn't hurt. :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Just saw the go fund me is up to $101,535.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
heard it's up too $175,000.   they are also opening one of the Shady's bars today, Albany one...  could be interesting .... 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/ag-keith-ellison-files-suit-against-stearns-county-bar-owner-who-plans-to-open

and it begins...
if i heard it right on the radio this morning, i think i heard shady's have also filed a lawsuit!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

my question is, will the state refund or reduce or pro rate the license fees etc because they were forced to close..........the should IMO!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 05/18/20, 08:13:04 AM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They just talked about it on TV too. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thinking out loud here................i dont know why but somehow with all the  :scratch: :scratch: not sure the right words, but hostility, the feedback we see and hear about bars etc not allowed to open till june 1................does anyone else get the feeling it mat happen sooner?????????????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

i mean missing out on potential business was bad enough fishing opener........but man memorial weekend too............ UFFDA!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like Crow Wing Cty is going to help the bars open so to speak...

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't see why the forced closing of a business isn't a taking, requiring compensation as specified in the Constitution.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The heat's only going to increase on the Gov. & his policies especially in outstate. Some folks in here this a.m. who had been to bar & grill  establishments in IA over the weekend. WI friends were out in full force over there. My black market haircut is about half an hour away. I doubt Keith Ellison will be able to send the SS (Salon & Stylist) troops out here in time to stop it. :afro:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The heat's only going to increase on the Gov. & his policies especially in outstate. Some folks in here this a.m. who had been to bar & grill  establishments in IA over the weekend. WI friends were out in full force over there. My black market haircut is about half an hour away. I doubt Keith Ellison will be able to send the SS (Salon & Stylist) troops out here in time to stop it. :afro:

Half an hour?   That's not too far from here ....   If he doesn't come through on june 1, given that his hair is nicely trimmed, he will lose even my wife's support.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like the state stopped the bar from opening..... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered how that was going to play out. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that and legal advice from Shady's attorney.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that and legal advice from Shady's attorney.

tell us more....

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just that Shady's attorney advised them not to open.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He is getting slammed by the public for being dangerous and wasting time on public officials with his stunt.  Especially with that county at such high numbers of covid. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
He is getting slammed by the public for being dangerous and wasting time on public officials with his stunt.  Especially with that county at such high numbers of covid.

haven't seen any of that, at least where I was reading about it....   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I feel for the guy too.  Tough decision to make.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
all I have seen from some reports are folks out front supporting him and wanting in.   I'm in no rush to go to the bar, but I can understand the freedom of the decision they want... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Part of the reason everyone is down on him is noone in the pics have on masks and no social distancing.  Worry about what it will be inside the bar.  I am neutral. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Part of the reason everyone is down on him is noone in the pics have on masks and no social distancing.  Worry about what it will be inside the bar.  I am neutral.

I understand that, but I just cant't find anything saying that... it is what it is I'm thinking for them...  I just hope things work out on the cure side of this....    just sayin.....

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Star Tribune.  Lots of pictures.
« Last Edit: May 05/19/20, 07:44:05 AM by LPS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Anybody see the videos of all the places that opened up over in Wisconsin last week? Looked like business as usual over there, people were elbow to elbow. :doah:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have kind of thought I would like to get it and get it over with but now the guys on that ship the Roosevelt are getting the covid for the 2nd time.  Like 13 of them so far.  SO getting it doesn't mean you won't get it again it seems. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We might have our grandson over the Mem weekend.  We were going to call it off but his parents think it is just fine so will continue the tradition.  He is 9.  I am a little apprehensive about it.  Actually they are more worried about us than him.  There are no covid scares in their county neither. 
« Last Edit: May 05/19/20, 08:59:54 AM by LPS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Have kind of thought I would like to get it and get it over with but now the guys on that ship the Roosevelt are getting the covid for the 2nd time.  Like 13 of them so far.  SO getting it doesn't mean you won't get it again it seems. 
Just seen some expert on TV talk about this & she said the same thing, having the antibodies doesn't mean you have immunity. :scratch:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is the new plan then?  Just go with the flow?  I feel hypocritical for having the Grandson come up but I only know one person that has the covid.  And he lives 400 miles away from here.