Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503421 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered about that Chris.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so, this morning on boobers favorite radio station there discussion was geared toward the numbers. they asked why there are no reported numbers from all the riots etc and the experts are  babbling about how bad it could be with the sturgis rally. 

so how and why do they concentrate on certain things and not others..............and with the numbers from the way they explained it with sturgis how bad it will get using the very worst case scenerio, like everyone going to the hospital. and how inflated these numbers there throwing out there arent real.

again they and i are only throwing out there what was discussed, not an opinion.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, It all depends if it is a red thing or a blue thing. Blue is all ok by them, but any red thing is all bad and going to end the world.  :angry2:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, It all depends if it is a red thing or a blue thing. Blue is all ok by them, but any red thing is all bad and going to end the world.  :angry2:
JB i think your wrong.........sounds like its a BLM thing!!!!!!!, well maybe your right the blue seems to side with BLM.

seen something on the web last night playing on my phone..........why isnt BLM outraged all the black babies being killed.............. by blacks?????????????????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :doah:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Double standard?   :confused:

MN Attorney General taking action against Effie rodeo

Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison announced July 30 that his office has brought an enforcement action against North Star Ranch, LLC, of Effie, Minn., that allowed large crowds to attend its annual three-day North Star Stampede rodeo without taking required safety precautions against the spread of COVID-19.

“Stopping the spread of COVID-19 is everyone’s responsibility. It’s in all Minnesotans’ interest for businesses and events to comply with the law and the Governor’s executive orders so that we can protect ourselves, our loved ones, our communities, and our livelihoods,” Attorney General Ellison reported.

St. Paul Pioneer Press:  Did George Floyd memorial service violate Minnesota’s coronavirus order?

There were too many people seated too closely to comply with the order; and the order has “strong” recommendations to not have congregational singing, which Thursday’s service did. The order also calls for no more than 250 people to attend such an event; some 500 were in attendance Thursday, the Associated Press reported.

CNN:  Thousands of mourners visit George Floyd's casket in Houston to pay respects

(CNN) Thousands of mourners gathered at The Fountain of Praise church in Houston on Monday to pay their respects to George Floyd, whose death in Minneapolis police custody has sparked protests around the United States and across the world.

(Funny, no mention of Covid at all in the CNN article.   :scratch:)

Do I think it was wrong that all those people were allowed to attend George Floyd's memorial services.  No, the people who attended needed to gather and grieve.  But a lot of people died during the lock-down and were not allowed to hold funerals.  What about them?

I guess it all depends on whether or not government officials really take their own covid quarantine mandates seriously.  Apparently they do not.  To my mind, government quarantine mandates lost ALL credibility when they did nothing about BLM gatherings in excess of stated limits.
« Last Edit: September 09/09/20, 12:00:25 PM by Steve-o »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly, depends on what group you are. And damn right it's a double standard.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly, depends on what group you are. And damn right it's a double standard.
That was my point.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got a text from one of my best buds at work. He felt lousy on Tuesday, got tested, and just found out he has it. I'm getting hit from all directions but feeling fine so far

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn that is too bad Roony.  I hope he turns out ok.  I sure as heck don't want it so hope people being safe helps to slow it down. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn that is too bad Roony.  I hope he turns out ok.  I sure as heck don't want it so hope people being safe helps to slow it down.

2nd that roony.. stay good...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
'zactly roony. Doing my part. Having some quinine water tonite.  :happy1:

Correct me if I'm wrong roony, but the rumbling floating thru here is that one of the people working in the Nils Hasselmo-Roger Moe Memorial Prison where they recently transferred 31 prisoners testing positive for COVID, was also working in one of the care centers that now has COVID.

And Steve-O, the wife informed me that a friend who is one of the organizers of Farming of Yesteryear at Kiester asked if she'd put up a sign at the flower shop a few days ago to promote it. It's primarily an outdoor celebration with threshing and old time farm operations that are part of the heritage of this area. Her friend came back recently and asked her to take  the sign down. Seems our illustrious Attorney General got wind of it and threatened the organizers with lawsuits if they didn't shut it down. Sound familiar? I told her if they'd burn some cars and buildings along with looting some ag businesses, then it would be deemed a mostly peaceful protest & have the AG's approval.    :rolleyes:   
« Last Edit: September 09/10/20, 10:03:14 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope you stay away from the rona Roony!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Hadn't heard that someone worked at the prison and the nursing home both Dotch. More cases at the nursing home as of yesterday.
My friend at work is already doing a lot better, so that's good.
I see in the news that Waseca County is the hot spot in the state. This too will pass.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear your friend is doing better & that you haven't contracted it Art. I hope they get it under control soon. The head of the local district school bus drivers was in this a.m. The COVID outbreak in Waseca has everything messed up as far as distance learning on what days & delivering who where & when. Need a spreadsheet to keep track of it. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hadn't heard that someone worked at the prison and the nursing home both Dotch. More cases at the nursing home as of yesterday.
I see in the news that Waseca County is the hot spot in the state. This too will pass.

Today's situation report has one new case in Waseca county....   and two geezers bit the dust.    one in the 85-89 year, and one 95-99 years.    Cumulative 392 cases and 8 deaths.

Went to dept of health to look at numbers.    School starting could be a factor.
« Last Edit: September 09/13/20, 04:27:18 PM by delcecchi »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Today's situation report has one new case in Waseca county....   and two geezers bit the dust.    one in the 85-89 year, and one 95-99 years.    Cumulative 392 cases and 8 deaths.

Went to dept of health to look at numbers.    School starting could be a factor.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw that, 28 yesterday only 1 today. Many of the cases and deaths have  been at my wife's place of employment.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is too close Roony.  Scary.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy balls! 98 more cases reported in Waseca County. I wonder how many of them were at the prison.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy balls! 98 more cases reported in Waseca County. I wonder how many of them were at the prison.

Wow, missed that today.   Normally I just check Olmsted and St Louis but have been watching waseca lately.   That's sort of ugly.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard a lot of it is delayed reporting from the prison.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so i read the Trumpster and his wife tested positive????????? :doah: :doah: now what?????

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are doomed forever without his knowledge of everything.  LOL

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
so i read the Trumpster and his wife tested positive????????? :doah: :doah: now what?????

I reckon that we'll have to wait and see how sick he gets.  Some folks test positive and don't feel a thing, some folks get sick and are back on their feet in a couple of days, some folks have a tougher time.

Ol' Joe has got to be pretty conflicted at this point.

On one hand he's fighting mad that 200,000 people died because Trump lied about covid back in February.  But what if it turns out that Trump contracted covid because Trump lied about covid back in February.  Just sayin...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The article said they were having mild symptoms. Means he has to quareteene for 2 weeks. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: his poor wife. :evil:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and did he get in Minn??
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Just heard Kamala Harris has it too...   Sleepy Joe next?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh oh.  Not a good thing for Joe to get it.  Trumps aid, an attractive brunette had it and was on the campaign trail with Trump and it appears that is where it came from.  Hope Hicks is her name.  Others got it at the same time I believe. 
« Last Edit: October 10/02/20, 03:17:48 PM by LPS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see the Chairwoman of the Republican Party now has it too. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
No word that Joe has it yet.   But if Harris has it and who knows whoever else...     

Might be time to check the results of the vaccine trials and start setting up...