Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 507642 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hey gov Tim jung Walz is on right now with his cronies telling us all about it. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Well as long as you got politicalI will too,  it looks as if you need to live in the metro or on a reservation to have early access to a vaccine. Southern MN does not seem to be much of a priority. Also. It looks like the lion's share of Pfizer's vaccine is going overseas.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Fauci & Gottlieb have both recently said that with the already rising #'s, then Thanksgiving on top of that, & now Christmas coming that neither of them expect the # of new cases to even begin to level off for at least another 4-6 weeks. :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well as long as you got politicalI will too,  it looks as if you need to live in the metro or on a reservation to have early access to a vaccine. Southern MN does not seem to be much of a priority. Also. It looks like the lion's share of Pfizer's vaccine is going overseas.
I could be wrong here but with Pfizer, it's my understanding the federal government had first crack at a whole lot more of that vacines but decided against it.

I watched the briefing long enough to see the chart for distribution and didn't see much inequities of vacines distribution.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I could be wrong here but with Pfizer, it's my understanding the federal government had first crack at a whole lot more of that vacines but decided against it.

I watched the briefing long enough to see the chart for distribution and didn't see much inequities of vacines distribution.
Yes, the feds decision is what I was referring to. Didn't you see the bar chart that prioritized distribution in Minnesota by region?

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Took a ride to Bemidji today. You would never know anything was going on. Target & Walmart were packed. It would take every other person dropping over dead at the front door to stop people from Christmas shopping.

Hope everybody pulls through OK.

Have a safe & happy holiday season everybody.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
life will go on! take precautions! scard? stay home. go out? respext others and take precautionsons.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
life will go on! take precautions! scard? stay home. go out? respext others and take precautionsons.

For me that's exactly the problem.  I'm not exactly scared and on occasion I do go out. It's when I do that I see the total lack of respect people have for others.  I went to FF today and saw people without masks.  Others would roll right up to you, no space what so ever.  I was there for about 10 minutes and left as there didn't seem to be a way to avoid being close to other people.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Yes, the feds decision is what I was referring to. Didn't you see the bar chart that prioritized distribution in Minnesota by region?
Yea I did. There was some fluctuations but from what I saw it wasn't drastic. But I'll admit at about that point I had enough so maybe I didn't pay close attention.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

For me that's exactly the problem.  I'm not exactly scared and on occasion I do go out. It's when I do that I see the total lack of respect people have for others.  I went to FF today and saw people without masks.  Others would roll right up to you, no space what so ever.  I was there for about 10 minutes and left as there didn't seem to be a way to avoid being close to other people.
hmm I've been out a bit but haven't seen it as bad as dutchy and deadeye just said.

Yea there are some with no masks, but I'd say 9 of 10 had masks on. the 6 ft apart maybe not but they do space some. Just what I've noticed, not that I go everyday though. I know this retired life going early in the day helps.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I know here in LP and Alex for the most part folks are trying..  but yes there are some are who they are..  I'm trying to do my part as best as I can.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
They just said on the news and I quote: "the vaccine will be FREE to all Americans, however the Doctors may charge a administration fee."   :moon:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Ya unreal how lacking of responsibility people can be. 
« Last Edit: December 12/08/20, 09:05:48 PM by LPS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My prayers to your Mom, you and Molly there roony. Also to you Boar. It would be a pity that you would not ever see your namesake, Boar Jr.  ;)

I agree roony. We are pretty much forgotten when it comes to the vaccine here in southern MN. Never mind that with all the food produced here we feed a lot of people. Not in any hurry to get the shot mind you but the axe swings a little closer every day. Good friend has been battling COVID ~ 2 weeks and went to the doc this afternoon. His wife is fine & dropped off a check at the office today. Is she a spreader? Damned if I know. I got chores to do and chit to spread.  :confused: 

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Ya unreal how lacking of responsibility people can be.

I talk to a growing number of people who view mask wearing as an infringement on their liberty.  Prudence aside, it isn't too soon to start talking about the pandemic end game.

What criteria will governments use to end restrictions and closures?

When will is cease to be a "badge of shame" (for lack of a better term) to not wear a mask in public?

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm waiting for walz to drop the other shoe like other demo states and shut down grocery stores.good grief let'sstart another round of panic shopping,just incase I have an ample supply of flour tortillia's for when my aswipe runs out.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My prayers to your Mom, you and Molly there roony. Also to you Boar. It would be a pity that you would not ever see your namesake, Boar Jr.  ;)
Thanks buddy. The smart money says elected officials will get first dibs on the vaccine.
I agree roony. We are pretty much forgotten when it comes to the vaccine here in southern MN. Never mind that with all the food produced here we feed a lot of people. Not in any hurry to get the shot mind you but the axe swings a little closer every day. Good friend has been battling COVID ~ 2 weeks and went to the doc this afternoon. His wife is fine & dropped off a check at the office today. Is she a spreader? Damned if I know. I got chores to do and chit to spread.  :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
only seen a few folks not wearing a mask today..  folks all seemed good about it too today.. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The same down here lately, maybe 1 in 10 not wearing 1, it's gotten better as when we came home a month ago it was probably at least double that. Most of the time it's the < 30 crowd here.
« Last Edit: December 12/09/20, 01:09:12 PM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it's all ages I see.. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
So far it seems mom is one of the ones who doesn't get this real bad. Others at the Care Center haven't been as fortunate.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear your mom is doing OK, roony. Pretty much the same with the 3-4 people down here that I know that've had it. :scratch: They said that the only real way they knew they had it was that they lost their sense of smell & taste with no other noticable symptons. :confused:
« Last Edit: December 12/11/20, 08:07:27 AM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good to hear that roony!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear Roony. Hoping it stays that way!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
like the others said......that good to hear!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

the thing with these symptoms, especially the loss of taste and smell, that happens everytime i get one of those really bad head colds. if it comes tothat, i'll go get tested though.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

the thing with these symptoms, especially the loss of taste and smell, that happens everytime i get one of those really bad head colds. if it comes tothat, i'll go get tested though.

Glenn I keep telling ya, the loss of your taste & smell is that chitty beer you like. Step up and live forever!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Glenn I keep telling ya, the loss of your taste & smell is that chitty beer you like. Step up and live forever!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: is not!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear things are going OK so far roony. My friend is doing better too after he went to the dr. He was back out working like a madman in the yard the next day.  :happy1:

mikey told me glenn has a tap in his basement running from the Cold Spring brewery db!  :puke:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear things are going OK so far roony. My friend is doing better too after he went to the dr. He was back out working like a madman in the yard the next day.  :happy1:

mikey told me glenn has a tap in his basement running from the Cold Spring brewery db!  :puke:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: then Mikey dont know shnitt!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I just saw Charley Pride bit it due to Covid at 86.   Sad, I liked his music.   

It sucks that people won't be considerate of who they might pass the virus on to that will have a worse time of it then they do.