Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503462 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I know several people who have run into the extra doses scenario roony & wound up being vaccinated. Better the shots were given than dumped. If you need a sore mouth & over eating disease booster, I'm yer guy!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Over eating disease?   Is that a thing?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
So it is caused by overeating or eating badly.    I thought maybe the symptom was overeating and some of us might have caught it....   And you had a cure. :pouty:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Heavy carb/grain load usually triggers it. Vaccine needs to be updated annually or you & the animals wish it had been. Alas, the vaccine is of no help for humans.  :sad:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard this mornin that Moderna now wants the FDA to allow them to put 5 more doses in their vials which already contain enough for 10.  :scratch: Sounds like a no brainer to me!  :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
My Wife and I got the vaccine 10 days ago. No reactions from it. Not even a sore arm. Getting the second one on the 13th.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
My Wife and I got the vaccine 10 days ago. No reactions from it. Not even a sore arm. Getting the second one on the 13th.
:happy1: :happy1: good to hear!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Rumor had it a few politicians down in St Paul now want to make jung Walz mask order a state law.

Dumbazzes. :confused: :pouty:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :puke:
I hear ya especially when all Dotch buddy ever when we get a vacines..... :confused: :doofus:

Ok maybe I misunderstood Dotch a bit. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen where the fed's are finally goin to start following 1 of Gottlieb's earliest recommendations & start sending the vaccines out to some of the retail pharmacies next week. 'Sposed to be 1,000,000 doses going to ~ 6,500 pharmacies, doin the math that is roughly 150 doses per pharmacy. I would think none of the bigger ones would have any problem getting that in someone's arm.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The problem is going to be lines and tracking - making sure you get your appointment 4 weeks later and that they have a shot to give you then.  Seems like a tough problem to solve.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: What lines? IMO the lines at the state run mass vaccination sites will be much worse.  :crazy:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I just won the vaccine lottery.  At 7:15 I got an email from the lottery gods indicating I have been selected to sign up for a shot.  I got on the PC to follow the process.  Lots of things to do and set up including photos?.  Once you get your account in "Vault" set up you can pick one of two locations (this replaces the 9 used during the first two weeks).  After location is chosen you now can pick a day and time.  Only thing is they don't give you any idea of what is available so it took a loooooong time to find an available date and time.  I started with Thursday 7 AM and kept choosing times and submitting only to be told they were sorry but no appointments are available for the time selected.  I worked my way through Friday with the same results.  When I selected Saturday I hit paydirt at 3:30 PM.  It would have been much simpler to have a grid that indicated what slots were available than making me select, submit, get denied, go back, select, submit, get denied over and over.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Wife got notice from Mayo she is eligible.   We were on that like a duck on a junebug.  They had a grid to make appointment.   Next week.

Got my shot from VA.   Heard they had the juice so I called.   Made the round trip last saturday.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We got an email here at work yesterday from the company talking about the vaccine. In the Q&A section one of the questions is will the company make it mandatory and the answer was "NO". They feel that is personal choice and they respect that. On a sad note one of my friends here was talking to me yesterday afternoon and he got a text from is mom that his grandma wasn't going to make it. She had gotten here 2nd vaccine shot on Tuesday and it took her down. That is all he told me. Then he had to go call his mom. I am thinking that his grandma is in her late 80s. I have not got any more details than that.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen where the fed's are finally goin to start following 1 of Gottlieb's earliest recommendations & start sending the vaccines out to some of the retail pharmacies next week. 'Sposed to be 1,000,000 doses going to ~ 6,500 pharmacies, doin the math that is roughly 150 doses per pharmacy. I would think none of the bigger ones would have any problem getting that in someone's arm.

A few things.
The Government wants us to think they are our Savior.
The Government doesn't think anyone else can do things as well as them.
The Government does not want to be shown up by the Private sector.
We all know the Government can turn a wet dream into a nightmare of red tape.

The Pharmacies have been doing the Flu and other shots for years without much problem.
Let them,  and stick to doing what you do best!  Making TV Drama shows! :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The retail pharmacy chosen in Rochester was a small "community" pharmacy.    They got crushed by phone calls and now have thousand or more people on their list....     

I had to go look them up on google since I had never heard of them.     

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The retail pharmacy chosen in Rochester was a small "community" pharmacy.    They got crushed by phone calls and now have thousand or more people on their list....     

That's  :crazy: del!! :tut: :bonk: :banghead: Why they wouldn't enlist CVS, Walgreens, even Walmart makes absolutely no sense to me.  :thumbs: :pouty:   :doofus: :doah:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

You got no Walgreen's or CVS down there?  :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, there is 2 Walgreens, 2 CVS's, & 2 Walmart's in Rochester!! :confused: How efin stupid is that!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, there is 2 Walgreens, 2 CVS's, & 2 Walmart's in Rochester!! :confused: How efin stupid is that!!

They don't want to use the Evil Corporations.   :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We got an email here at work yesterday from the company talking about the vaccine. In the Q&A section one of the questions is will the company make it mandatory and the answer was "NO". They feel that is personal choice and they respect that. On a sad note one of my friends here was talking to me yesterday afternoon and he got a text from is mom that his grandma wasn't going to make it. She had gotten here 2nd vaccine shot on Tuesday and it took her down. That is all he told me. Then he had to go call his mom. I am thinking that his grandma is in her late 80s. I have not got any more details than that.
thats scary JB, but they new that might happen.  :pouty:

thats great to hear your companies stand on the shot!!!!!!! :happy1:

every day that passes and the more i read and hear about this sh!tshow, the more frustrated i get with this. LEECH pretty much nailed it. and now in Minnesota some friggin lawmakers want to make the mask mandate a law............... :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: where's the 2 weeks to slow the curve??? wait till the vacine is here........

weather you believe in the vacines or not, the games these politicians are playing messing with peoples lives and businesses is insane, IMO!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
thats scary JB, but they new that might happen.  :pouty:

thats great to hear your companies stand on the shot!!!!!!! :happy1:

every day that passes and the more i read and hear about this sh!tshow, the more frustrated i get with this. LEECH pretty much nailed it. and now in Minnesota some friggin lawmakers want to make the mask mandate a law............... :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: where's the 2 weeks to slow the curve??? wait till the vacine is here........

weather you believe in the vacines or not, the games these politicians are playing messing with peoples lives and businesses is insane, IMO!!!!!
Agree a hundo % Glenn. They are just getting us all ready for the big reset.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ever since i signed that impeach walz petition i get an email about once a week telling me whats going on and who is the big push behoind some of this.

this Jake guy, no not Jake from state farm,  :rotflmao: i'll admit is a bit out there but its pretty scary info sometimes. :doah:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

I guess its time for me to post this meme again...

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you must be lucky Glenn, I don't get any of them emails!!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
ever since i signed that impeach walz petition i get an email about once a week telling me whats going on and who is the big push behoind some of this.

this Jake guy, no not Jake from state farm,  :rotflmao: i'll admit is a bit out there but its pretty scary info sometimes. :doah:

Go get 'em glenn!  :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I got my second vaccination early yesterday afternoon.
So far the only thing I've noticed is I'm a little more light headed than normal and I had quite a few annoying floaters in my vision when I was moving snow. Pretty sure I'm gonna make it for a nudder day anyway.