Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503880 times)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And a new Pandora's box is opened.

As a bar owner, why can't I be open at full capacity, no masks, if people tell me they are vaccinated?  :mad1:

Are we going to have vax and no vax seating? :scratch:

And what about the folks who don't want to get the shot? :doah:

What are they going to be prohibited from doing?  :censored:

And if they don't plan on getting the shot, you think anyone is going to get them to keep wearing the mask when vaccinated people no longer need to do so?  :rotflmao:

How are we going to tell the difference between the two? :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Didn't you get the memo Steveo... You get a free tattoo on your forehead when you get the shot. :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
You got that right SteveO. Just the gubmint trying to control all us little people. Hippa Law prevents anyone from asking, so what are they going to do.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hippa doesn't stop anyone from asking anything.   It prevents your provider from disclosing without your permission.     So you don't have to tell them whether or not you were vaccinated, and they don't have to let you into their place of business.     Sort of like going to Hawaii...  You don't have to tell the results of your recent covid test, and they don't have to let you leave your hotel room. :angry2: :sleazy: :confused:

It's going to be a problem, since there are no plans I am aware of for "vaccine passports" or any official thing like that.     Being as I am one of those people for whom getting covid was fairly likely to be a Very Bad Thing, as is my wife,  I got vaccinated at my first opportunity.   Sure is a relief to be able to go to the store without worrying, even if I still wear the mask.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hippa doesn't stop anyone from asking anything.   It prevents your provider from disclosing without your permission.     So you don't have to tell them whether or not you were vaccinated, and they don't have to let you into their place of business.     Sort of like going to Hawaii...  You don't have to tell the results of your recent covid test, and they don't have to let you leave your hotel room. :angry2: :sleazy: :confused:

It's going to be a problem, since there are no plans I am aware of for "vaccine passports" or any official thing like that.     Being as I am one of those people for whom getting covid was fairly likely to be a Very Bad Thing, as is my wife,  I got vaccinated at my first opportunity.   Sure is a relief to be able to go to the store without worrying, even if I still wear the mask.   
i'm not going to argue over this, but i believe your wrong about HIPPA. or else employers where getting bad advise.

while i was "actively" working....every employer said the CANNOT ask!!!!!!

as far as the vacine itself........i cant believe with the 3 out there........it hasnt stepped up the timeline and there are more then eligible.
« Last Edit: March 03/09/21, 09:21:40 AM by glenn57 »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
And I thought to when a person went into a place of business without a mask it was illegal for them to ask the person. Not sure if that is hipaa or not though.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
And I thought to when a person went into a place of business without a mask it was illegal for them to ask the person. Not sure if that is hipaa or not though.
in my opinion it is!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: https://www.cdc.gov/phlp/publications/topic/hipaa.html Looks to me that it is mostly about healthcare provider's, insurance companies, clearinghouses doing records/billing, & other businesses associated with that not sharing your medical records without your approval to me.
« Last Edit: March 03/09/21, 11:31:19 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

i'm not going to argue over this, but i believe your wrong about HIPPA. or else employers where getting bad advise.

while i was "actively" working....every employer said the CANNOT ask!!!!!!

as far as the vacine itself........i cant believe with the 3 out there........it hasnt stepped up the timeline and there are more then eligible.
Maybe employers have different rules.   I look at the airlines and states requiring testing...   Must be allowed to ask about results.    Likewise schools and vaccinations...  Can't send kids to school unless you provide proof of certain vaccinations.   

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I wonder how much ink it takes to print all the checks the Democrats are giving way?   :scratch:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder how much ink it takes to print all the checks the Democrats are giving way?   :scratch:
maybe I could afford grain belt if I get one. :smoking: :shocked:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
maybe I could afford grain belt if I get one. :smoking: :shocked:

I dunno about that but it will help your disposition not having to choke down that swill you drink now. ;)
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Might be a little less ink this go-round. I seem Yo remember Trump insisted on his signature being sent out taking credit for that batch.
Not saying that we needed to go more in debt either time. I’m ok with some help for those  that need it, but too many people who don’t need it are getting it on the high side, and too many people who don’t deserve it are getting it on the low side.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
While I was north I noticed via email I had a MyChart message. Can't get there with my phone so last night I looked. Apparently I am now eligible for the rona shot, but I needed to make that appointment by March 11 or 12.🥴

So I sent a message last night. I asked if I could get it set up for my appt when my physical was set on march 23. They replied this morning, they don't give those at clinic visits and appears they have a rona specific location.

I also asked is I could get the 1 shot J & J vacines. They informed me they don't have that and don't know when it will become available. :pouty: with ad big as Centracare is in this area I can't believe they can't get that one. :pouty:

So, I'll wait until my appointment and talk to da doc. Or say screw it. If I get the shot or shots they can kiss the mask think up there wazoo. :moon:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Good luck!! Most of the time while we were back home I could've gotten an appt the next day for almost anytime I wanted @ Walmart in GR. Now that they've opened up who's eligible I can't find any pharmacy, hospital, or clinic within 50 miles of us that has any openings for the next week. When another day is added to the vaccination calendar at any of these places it seems as if it's filled almost immediately. I even checked with Itasca County DPH. :crazy: :pouty:

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear that, Gunner. I thought you had it all set up. We are scheduled for the second one this week. Good luck—you have to keep trying.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner, you mean Wally world fell through for you. :pouty: I told you that place sucks. :rotflmao:

Seriously stinks though. Sorry to hear.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks guys, not really that surprising as when we were in Iowa the eligibility list was just 65 & over. Now, just 2.5 weeks later there is 18 different groups that are eligible. :doah:  I'll just blame it on Timmy ;) :rolleyes: like most here do.  :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When we got our first one.  Me at Thrifty White and my wife at the Clinic here they did the mandatory line you up with the second shot at the time of your first visit.  We both know we are getting our second shot in an week or so.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
When we got our first one.  Me at Thrifty White and my wife at the Clinic here they did the mandatory line you up with the second shot at the time of your first visit.  We both know we are getting our second shot in an week or so.

Back when I got appt at va they made them both at the same time... 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: This looks to be the case everywhere I've looked as well. It wasn't totally apparent at Walmart however but Walgreens, Thrifty White, & the others mentioned it when I was looking to make an appt. I see where Walmart in GR added next Monday to their vaccination calendar sometime overnight so I could've got my 1st shot then had I wanted. :happy1: :cool: I haven't talked to my brother yet about it so I'll wait & see if I can't get both of us scheduled for a day when we are going to town anyway. Now that I see how their program is set up I'm hopin it won't be a problem.
« Last Edit: March 03/16/21, 10:30:45 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
27 hours since I got my covid shot..  arm hasn't fallen off :rotflmao: :rotflmao: just a little sore by the injection site is all.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
27 hours since I got my covid shot..  arm hasn't fallen off :rotflmao: :rotflmao: just a little sore by the injection site is all..
Yea but did you grow a 3rx boob, 2nd nose, 3rd ear??? :scratch: :puke: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
He might be hoping for a 2nd dingle to take care of the double mint twins in the fishing thread.  :sleazy:  ;)  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea but did you grow a 3rx boob, 2nd nose, 3rd ear??? :scratch: :puke: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
nope all seems good there too!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Finally figured their system out & managed to get an appt to get poked early next week. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my clinic told me to call and set up an appt, they'd get me in. i have my yearly physical next tuesday, i'm gonna talk to the doc first then set one up.  :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Getting my 4th shot today!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Of Baileys I am thinking..    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Of Baileys I am thinking..    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: well it apparently works for Dotch. :rotflmao: