Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 506920 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Most everyone around here is pretty relaxed about wearing 1 now too. Still the other way in GR where most are still wearing theirs. I'm still carrying 1 in my coat pocket.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
If I didn't have to wear one at work, I wouldn't hardly wear it at all.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 i noticed that to Gunner. even in that Mall. i have heard through the grapevine some of the employers are getting lax on there mask requirements too!!!!

they seem to be lax around home too!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So according to KSTP'S Tom Hauser, who got some inside info, sounds like the mask mandate will still be in place until the end of June. Friggin joke. Guess we shall see. :confused: :pouty:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Did Gov. Killjoy's daughter call Tom Hauser & tip him off?  :rotflmao:

I have masks scattered from hell to breakfast. I can think of one place in particular I'd like to put all of them!  :angry2:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
On the other hand, shouldn't we at least be a little bit happy that we aren't experiencing anything like what's going on in India and other parts of the world?

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Guess there is a silver lining there Roony. We could still get rid of the masks though.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't see us getting rid of them at work anytime soon. It would be great just to get our water fountains back!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
JB... go get that damn shot. :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday I had my first VA physical in two years.  Good news is everything is the same as two years ago except I'm older.  I did get the first of a two shot series for shingles. Shindrix is the new shingles shot and is now recommended for everyone over 50. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got that to DE, my 2nd was ~ the middle February. :scratch: Mine was Shingrix ;), my insurance didn't cover all of it but still glad I got it. :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Think I got mine 2 years ago. Pretty sure it was the same mixture. :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I got the new stuff too.  My first shot a couple of years ago was the old stuff.  When they finally got the new stuff in stock they upgraded me with that too.  I told them Terry Bradshaw sent me. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I got the shingrix shots a few years ago.   First one hit me pretty hard, second one not so bad.   Also have had the Pneumonia shots, and Hep A and B.     

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: You funny. How do them left wing, nut job women say it. "My body, my choice."  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: You funny. How do them left wing, nut job women say it. "My body, my choice."  ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wish you would get it too JB.  India and other countries are out of control with it and the variants.  People are still traveling to those places so it is spreading here.  It doesn't hurt that much.  LOL  Especially with your heart issues.  If you get it you may be a goner.  There is a lot to live for. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so......i'm wondering what some places like Menards or some eating places are going to do once the mask mandate goes away??? since merardo's is so ape crap insisted on wearing a mask in the store, or eating places wearing them until your seated??? :doofus: :confused: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I appreciate the concern. I have already been told the thingy with my heart is not something that would play a role with the rona. I just have concerns about getting a vaccine that was pushed out fast and has not been thoroughly tested. We don't know what the long term affects of the vaccines could be. I have more concerns about getting the vaccine then I do the rona. If I were in my 70's it might be a different story. Look at what the vaccine has been doing to women's menstrual cycle. And we thought it was confusing already.  :doofus:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I sure hope you don't get pregnant.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
so......i'm wondering what some places like Menards or some eating places are going to do once the mask mandate goes away??? since merardo's is so ape crap insisted on wearing a mask in the store, or eating places wearing them until your seated??? :doofus: :confused: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Good question. What will their competition do is a big part of the question. Places the won't require the mask will get more business I think.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Since I got my shots I haven't been wearing my mask much.  I have told the stores here why I am not wearing it.  They are good with it. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There was 4 young guys in the Grand Buffet on Wednesday who looked to me to be working on the new construction on Hwy 2 that weren't wearing masks. They weren't speaking any English either  :huh:, that was the most Spanish I've ever heard in GR. It's a long ways to the border from GR, wonder :scratch: how they got up there doin roadwork? Did the contractor send a bus down & pick 'em up? ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:  See if I can remember :doofus: to look next time & find out who the main contractor is.
« Last Edit: May 05/07/21, 08:54:43 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I appreciate the concern. I have already been told the thingy with my heart is not something that would play a role with the rona. I just have concerns about getting a vaccine that was pushed out fast and has not been thoroughly tested. We don't know what the long term affects of the vaccines could be. I have more concerns about getting the vaccine then I do the rona. If I were in my 70's it might be a different story. Look at what the vaccine has been doing to women's menstrual cycle. And we thought it was confusing already.  :doofus:

I know a lot of people who have gotten the vaccine.    So far no issues at all.    Even my good friend in California who is pretty far out right politically got it.    Her sons finally convinced her that it wouldn't alter her DNA or make her get phone calls in her head.   

There is really no rational reason to avoid getting it at this point.   And the virus can cause serious complications in some people, even the non-geezers.     

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We lost a car dealer on town with it last week. 57 doesn't seem real old anymore.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
We lost a car dealer on town with it last week. 57 doesn't seem real old anymore.

That's one of the young guys.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so I hear after tomorrow no more masks.................   I mean for us in Minn...   :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So according to the CDC, If you are fully vaccinated you now won't have to wear a mask in most indoor places

Wonder how long it will take gov killjoy will hold on to his power rage??