Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 508564 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just read that too.. how can they do that??? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
IMO, they can't.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm guessing that there will be a rider on their health insurance benefit - just like a smoker.

If you are a smoker, they make you pay a surcharge on your healthcare premium contribution.

I reckon they'll do the same with vaccination status.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Make the rules up as they go along. What a crock of sh**.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'm guessing that there will be a rider on their health insurance benefit - just like a smoker.

If you are a smoker, they make you pay a surcharge on your healthcare premium contribution.

I reckon they'll do the same with vaccination status.
life insurance maybe, but in all the years of negotiations I've been involved in not on health insurance. That I have seen.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I know if you were a smoking employee at Mayo, you paid more for their health Insurance....but that sure is different than this.  "Delta won't make you get vaccinated, but will charge you $200 more per month"....ie; "we won't make you walk the plank , but we will jab you in the azz with a saber as you stand on it"... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 08/25/21, 02:24:02 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
CAWchester now recommending masks for all OUTSIDE downtown events, in addition to all INSIDE events....yes...no...maybe....wait... :doofus:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
If you are deliberately putting yourself and others at a higher risk it may be appropriate to pay a higher premium. Just my opinion.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
If you are deliberately putting yourself and others at a higher risk it may be appropriate to pay a higher premium. Just my opinion.
Life is a risk every day that you get out of bed. Should we charge extra for that too. This is flat out ridiculous! The media has made this way more political then it needs to be. My body, my choice.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Quote from: Jerkbiat
Life is a risk every day that you get out of bed. Should we charge extra for that too. This is flat out ridiculous! The media has made this way more political then it needs to be. My body, my choice.
They already do charge for that... If you are dead the premiums are zero. No one is taking away your freedom of choice. Employers and Insurance companies have freedoms of choice also.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i'm kinda stuck in the middle of this.  :doah: yea i got vacinated, i have an 84 year old mom and stepdad i'd like to see hang around for a while yet. along with the fact that i am taking meds for diabetes, very controlled and low A1c numbers and the fact i had a 4-by heart bypass in 2011. not to mention my wife has some health issues. after alot of soul searching i decided to get the shots. AND that was after i first said no effing way.

but damn anyway, this fear mongering  :bs: needs to stop.  :confused: :confused: this virus isnt going away and like the flu its going to change with the times. at this point we need to accept it and move forward. enough time has passed that there is enough information out there to let every individual decide for themselves. these mask mandates and shot requirements are  :bs:

if the past year to 18 months have proved one thing........no mask, no so called social distancing, closing non essential businesses DIDNOT stop this virus kind of like the cold and flu.

if there is one thing i've learned reading about this since this started, these friggin politicans have skewed the numbers so bad you cant believe anything....... namely how these deaths are reported. its a freakin effin joke.........

i have donated blood 4 times since started, 3 times since the red cross started testing for antibodies, not once have i been informed that i have any. and i didnt hibernate, went about my business and the only time i wore one of those masks is when a business demanded it.

ok end of sermon!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They already do charge for that... If you are dead the premiums are zero. No one is taking away your freedom of choice. Employers and Insurance companies have freedoms of choice also.
:scratch: When we left Pfizer, Zoetis now, in 2011 they were already charging people who smoked an extra $100/ month premium then. :confused: I'm sure that the only way that has changed is that it costs more now.
« Last Edit: August 08/26/21, 09:16:22 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: When we left Pfizer, Zoetis now, in 2011 they were already charging people who smoked an extra $100/ month premium then & I'm sure that hasn't changed.  :confused:

So if a young, healthy, married couple doesn't feel they need shots - or perhaps they already "survived" covid and have "natural" immunity (which we've all been conditioned to believe is not as good as "vaccine-induced" immunity) - why shouldn't they have to pay an extra $200/month each ($4,800 annually) for their health insurance.   It's only "fair", right?   :confused: :bs:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
but damn anyway, this fear mongering  :bs: needs to stop.  :confused: :confused: this virus isnt going away and like the flu its going to change with the times. at this point we need to accept it and move forward.

if the past year to 18 months have proved one thing........no mask, no so called social distancing, closing non essential businesses DIDNOT stop this virus kind of like the cold and flu.

if there is one thing i've learned reading about this since this started, these friggin politicans have skewed the numbers so bad you cant believe anything....... namely how these deaths are reported. its a freakin effin joke.........

Yep, but instead of facing these realities - they are doubling down.  If two doses of vaccine isn't enough to wipe covid off the face of the earth, maybe three.

And if you thought covid deaths were over-exaggerated, it isn't a far stretch to believe vaccine side-effects are going way underreported.

Yes, yes, yes!  Vaccines are effective - especially for those at risk, but the way in which we've surrendered our personal liberty in this pandemic is frightening.  Division and persecution of those who do not agree is our new normal - all rationalized in the name of public health and the common good.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm kinda stuck in the middle of this.  :doah: yea i got vacinated, i have an 84 year old mom and stepdad i'd like to see hang around for a while yet. along with the fact that i am taking meds for diabetes, very controlled and low A1c numbers and the fact i had a 4-by heart bypass in 2011. not to mention my wife has some health issues. after alot of soul searching i decided to get the shots. AND that was after i first said no effing way.

but damn anyway, this fear mongering  :bs: needs to stop.  :confused: :confused: this virus isnt going away and like the flu its going to change with the times. at this point we need to accept it and move forward. enough time has passed that there is enough information out there to let every individual decide for themselves. these mask mandates and shot requirements are  :bs:

i have donated blood 4 times since started, 3 times since the red cross started testing for antibodies, not once have i been informed that i have any. and i didnt hibernate, went about my business and the only time i wore one of those masks is when a business demanded it.

ok end of sermon!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Well put Glenn!! The only think I would say different is the MS media is driving the narrative more then the politicians.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
but damn anyway, this fear mongering  :bs: needs to stop.  :confused: :confused: this virus isnt going away and like the flu its going to change with the times. at this point we need to accept it and move forward.

Yep, but instead of facing these realities - they are doubling down.  If two doses of vaccine isn't enough to wipe covid off the face of the earth, maybe three.

And if you thought covid deaths were over-exaggerated, it isn't a far stretch to believe vaccine side-effects are going way underreported.

Yes, yes, yes!  Vaccines are effective - especially for those at risk, but the way in which we've surrendered our personal liberty in this pandemic is frightening.  Division and persecution of those who do not agree is our new normal - all rationalized in the name of public health and the common good.
Exactly!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: When we left Pfizer, Zoetis now, in 2011 they were already charging people who smoked an extra $100/ month premium then & I'm sure that hasn't changed.  :confused:

So if a young, healthy, married couple doesn't feel they need shots - or perhaps they already "survived" covid and have "natural" immunity (which we've all been conditioned to believe is not as good as "vaccine-induced" immunity) - why shouldn't they have to pay an extra $200/month each ($4,800 annually) for their health insurance.   It's only "fair", right?   :confused: :bs:
They can always get their own insurance, can't they? :scratch: :whistling:
« Last Edit: August 08/26/21, 09:45:54 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
IMO, nothings gonna work. Here in the big med city, where we set the bar with masking, shots, etc, a kid in grade school here (schools already started at some)
just tested positive for COVID. Now letters going out to everyone he had conact with, etc. (according to local news)  It's gonna run it's course, and we sure aren't gonna stop it, maybe just roadblock it a bit. Just my opinion.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They can always get their own insurance, can't they? :scratch: :whistling:
Obama Kare, maybe  :confused: :doah:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The main misinformation I am seeing are coming from right wingnuts telling people to drink bleach or take horse worming medicine as a cure for Covid.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's something for ya'll to read....I get these updates on my email from my attorney. Guess I get something free from them!  :rolleyes:

Employer Vaccine Mandates

In light of the FDA’s final approval of the Pfizer vaccine, President Biden recently asked employers to mandate vaccines.  President Biden said, “Do what I did last month.  Require your employees to get vaccinated or face strict requirements.”

As the President’s comment suggests, vaccine mandates were allowed even before the Pfizer vaccine received full FDA approval.  According to the Department of Justice, emergency-approval status simply required that potential recipients be informed that it was their “choice to receive or not receive [the vaccine].”   Employer policies that preserved an employee’s ultimate choice to refuse an emergency-approved vaccine were acceptable, even if vaccine refusal came with severe adverse consequences.

The consensus view is that Minnesota employers may lawfully follow the President’s advice and condition employment on vaccination status.  Minnesota is not among the states that have banned vaccine mandates.  In addition, Minnesota recognizes “at-will” employment.  An employee can quit for any reason; an employer can fire an employee for any reason as long as that reason is not illegal.

There are circumstances where vaccination-status discrimination may be illegal.   EEOC guidance expresses concern that vaccine mandates may disproportionately exclude employees based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin: “Employers should keep in mind that because some individuals or demographic groups may face greater barriers to receiving a COVID-19 vaccination than others, some employees may be more likely to be negatively impacted by a vaccination requirement.”

The EEOC also states Title VII and the ADA may require reasonable accommodations for employees who choose against getting vaccinated because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief.  Possible reasonable accommodations for these employees include wearing a face mask, working at a social distance from coworkers, working a modified shift, getting periodic tests for COVID-19, being given the opportunity to telework, or accepting a reassignment.   

Dunlap & Seeger, P.A., 30 3rd Street SE, Suite 400, Rochester, MN  55904

www.dunlaplaw.com 507-28

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
now I hear the J & J needs a 2nd dose!!??!!??   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The main misinformation I am seeing are coming from right wingnuts telling people to drink bleach or take horse worming medicine as a cure for Covid.
Not sure where you have seen that, but I sure have not myself.