Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503804 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
No cat's gonna be spalshin' in MY soop!  :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Only thing I noticed is I now have a penchant for Chinese food.  :rotflmao:

(I actually JUST finished making a batch of pork fried rice!)  :tongue:

cat drop soup will be next!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just saw it on Family Guy...it's all explained!!!  :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

https://youtu.be/S9EauCJNn8E

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow,I smell a massive law suit in the making,never knew this was going on,thanx for posting the link.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm betting :scratch: that with all the other airlines following suit so quickly that all of their lawyers are telling them that they should be able to get away with it. :confused:
« Last Edit: September 09/14/21, 08:20:24 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i've pretty much come to the conclusion 95% of this  :bs: is political. do i think the rona is real......YES. but back when trump was president the Dems rallied against any vacine as though trump was making it himself, now they wanna make everyone drink the juice???/ :doah: :rolleyes:

at this point if you want the shot get the shot, if ya done then dont get it. wanna wear a mask, have at it. wanna hibernate go ahead, wanna live your live have at it!!!!!!  the idea of having this vacine as a required vacine down the road is a crock of sheet!!!!!!

i'm a pretty handsome dude :sleazy: but i may not be the most healthy specimen but feel if i would get the rona i would be OK!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This may be worker's only option to end this mandate garbage in its tracks.

Study Shows That 44% Of Employees Would Quit If Ordered To Get Vaccinated

Hospital to stop delivering babies after 30 staffers quit over vaccine mandate
there's a huge discussion about the jobs related to the vacine requirement over on IDO. i dont need to be concerned about choosing the vacine or my job, but man if you like your job, pays well.......thats one tough call to make.

again i think this has a long way to go before it will get truly implemented!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, Glenn, making that call to quit is goona be tough for a lot of people.  But if you aren't in a union, you can't strike.  Walking is your only option.

New York teachers protest vaccine mandates, march across Brooklyn Bridge: 'I call the shots'

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
and i forgot to mention.....he wants EVERY American to be vacinated.........but not required to be vacinated are illegal immigrants!!!!!! :confused: :angry2: just how totally effin F!@#$ up is that!!!!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :angry2: :angry2: :confused:

or the fact that a vast majority of the executive branch doesnt fall under the mandate............ that really urinates me off!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
and i forgot to mention.....he wants EVERY American to be vacinated.........but not required to be vacinated are illegal immigrants!!!!!! :confused: :angry2: just how totally effin F!@#$ up is that!!!!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :angry2: :angry2: :confused:

or the fact that a vast majority of the executive branch doesnt fall under the mandate............ that really urinates me off!!!!!!!!!

As is congress.  You can't make up hypocrisy at this level of ineptitude. 

Members of Congress and Their Staff Are Exempt From Biden's Vaccine Mandate

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Employer: Get a vaccine or don't come back.

Employee: Screw you, I quit.

Employer: Fine, I'll hire someone else.

Repeat 20 times.

Employer: Jeez, I'll be outta business if I don't get some help....

Applicant: Joo mebbe hire me, senor? and my family?

Employer: Are you vaccinated?

Applicant: No, senor, I am exempt...

Employer: When can you start?  I pay $6 an hour...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And in the Med city...81 active COVID cases in first two weeks at Rochester Public schools. We're going baclwards fast....... :doah:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, and Olmsted County has less than half the positivity rate that we have here

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And the kiddies haveta wear masks, too. Somethin's fishy here... :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Use taxpayer money to encourage people from working and the jobs go away.  SHOCKING!!!!
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-lifestyle/2-rochester-restaurants-announce-abrupt-closure-due-to-covid-worker-shortage

maybe one of Reb's places to go??

Yup, even though I was only at one of those places. My buddy Jerry Zubay and his family (that's his daughter Lindsay that owns Porch's Fried chicken in the historic train depot) owns those and other restaurants in Roch....Mr Pizza and both Newts. I've been going to those for many, many years. It really sucks.
Another great Rochester restaurant goes bust....and it isn't all the COVID. It's this town.
Jerry and I started out as reserve cops together many years ago before he left and I continued on in that field.
« Last Edit: September 09/14/21, 08:43:53 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Rochester & St. Cloud are on the same path and it's not a good path. Gonna be major problems in both cities before long.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I went back to my mask wearing a couple weeks ago. I hate it, but I'd hate to die fighting for breath like my Mom did too. Lost 3 school buddies and one good friend this past two MONTHS alone. Seems like all I see is death this last year.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :confused: Been kind of keeping an eye on this: https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/20-percent-of-unvaccinated-delta-workers-receive-shot-within-2-weeks-of-surcharge-prompt/ar-AAOp5TF?ocid
Wow,I smell a massive law suit in the making,never knew this was going on,thanx for posting the link.
My last employer started charging people who were :smoking: an extra $100/month for their coverage a year or 2 before I left & that was 2011.  :scratch: How is this any different? :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read that the Arizona Attorney General filed a law suit over this. Well the mandate.

Personally I think insurance companies or companies charging more for either or is a crock of crap. Just another money grab. Crooks!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :confused: Nobody's forcing them to participate in the employer's group plan & they can always buy their own healthcare coverage.   :whistling:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :confused: Nobody's forcing them to participate in the employer's group plan & they can always buy their own healthcare coverage.   :whistling:
oh i agree, but honestly who the hell can actually afford to make those monthly premiums????????? :scratch:

and i dont think for one minute that they will not getr by with it. like you said they've done this with smokers for a long time.

having done contract negotiations for a long time, i've seen how they have evolved.  my former employer went a little differnet route about 3-4 years ago. i sat through all the meetings. instead of negotiation benifts and rates they brought in a group that offers many, many different types a plans...each employee got to "shop' For the plan they felt comfortable with as far as coverage and cost.  it put the burden on the employee to pick and choose.  AND the company still via contract still paid there portion of the negotiated premiums.

at first this was a HUGE pissing match, but with that group everything was, especially change. they liked others to make the decision then bitch about it. after the dust settled......no much!!!!
« Last Edit: September 09/15/21, 08:58:50 AM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly my point :doah:, that extra $200/month for the coverage they can get through the employer's group plan may seem like a GREAT DEAL after they look into paying for an individual policy for themselves. :crazy: Just for the record, I think :scratch: the insurance business is really just a legal scam too but you gotta have it ..............................or :oops1: :help:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ya mean WE actually agree on something??????? :rolleyes: :shocked: :shocked: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :rolleyes: :bonk: :banghead: :doah:                             

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
There is a big difference between an excise premium for smokers and one for covid.

The long term health care cost increases for smokers has been demonstrated over time.  I think my company charges $50 per month.

There is no parallel with covid.  Give me a break.  There is no evidence to justify charging a non-vaccinated person an extra $100 or $200 a month for insurance.

It really is all about control (one group of people imposing their will upon another group of people) based on emotional fears and employing every tactic of coercion at their disposal.

This could be so much different if the powers that be didn't insist on mandating experimental drugs to be the best and only path forward.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
One think I think you fellers missed.....smoking is an ELECTIVE choice, you CAN quit; getting COVID is not. No proof the vaccine is gonna stop you from getting it. That's my cawfee time wisom this morning.  :coffee:   :azn: