Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503485 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree boycott the whole fiasco.  I wouldn't go even if I was given free everything to go. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Over 7% MIA at the schools down here the last 3 days as of yday so they're starting a mask mandate today. I expect no walk out, however. :rolleyes: https://www.fox9.com/news/st-paul-students-stage-walkout-over-covid-19-issues-call-for-return-to-distance-learning
« Last Edit: January 01/19/22, 08:27:44 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
gunner, seen that one the news last night, i told my wife if we ever did a walkout back in my school days, not only would we in deep trouble with the school, when we got home we'd get our butts kicked good and proper from mom and dad!!!!!! :rolleyes: :tut: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
100% right there Glenn!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
100% right there Glenn!!   :happy1:
one has to wonder how many of those kids that walked out smokes, drinks, smokes dope, or worse but walks out for something like this. and think nothing about there decisions???????

of course we will never hear about how many kids actually refused to participate in this walkout?????? :scratch:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Over 7% MIA at the schools down here the last 3 days as of yday so they're starting a mask mandate today. I expect no walk out, however. :rolleyes: https://www.fox9.com/news/st-paul-students-stage-walkout-over-covid-19-issues-call-for-return-to-distance-learning

"We do not want to die to receive our education...," said Treadwell.

I think their student leader is being a bit melodramatic.   :doofus:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No kidding. Amazing how these little mush brains have all the sudden become COVID experts. Once can just about imagine where they're getting their info from.  :rolleyes: Sounding like this thing is starting to peak. As fast as cases went up with this omicron variant, they are coming back down just as quickly in places like South Africa where it was first detected. Now just  watch the cases go down and they can claim these mask mandates made all the difference... :bonk: 
« Last Edit: January 01/19/22, 09:24:23 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Your right glenn, I didn't see any #'s on how many walked out or what % of the school actually participated. :confused: The added testing they want would cost $1.6 mil/week :crazy: & SPSD said they have no plans of doing that, especially with plenty of commiunity testing sites already available.
« Last Edit: January 01/19/22, 09:13:28 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Back in my high school days we had walk-outs concerning Viet Nam. We likely got our information the same place the kids these days are. It was kind of nice walking out back then before the responsibility of jobs, families, politics become part of your life.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
It's probably because MPLS district went on a 2 week distance learning and Jerome be sayen this Bull Shat!  We want to skip school at home too!  Love it when the kids start using the "This is an equity issue" against their brain washers!!
They taught them well!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

"This is an equity issue. This is life and death," said walkout organizer Jerome Treadwell of Mn Teen Activists.
The students want the district to return to distance learning for two weeks
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's probably because MPLS district went on a 2 week distance learning and Jerome be sayen this Bull Shat!  We want to skip school at home too!  Love it when the kids start using the "This is an equity issue" against their brain washers!!

"This is an equity issue. This is life and death," said walkout organizer Jerome Treadwell of Mn Teen Activists.
well maybe his momma and poppa should just transfer his butt to the Minneapolis district????????????  :scratch: :doah:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

well maybe his momma and poppa should just transfer his butt to the Minneapolis district????????????  :scratch: :doah:
Probably like most, he's living with his grandma or auntie and doesn't even know his poppa.   :doah:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Probably like most, he's living with his grandma or auntie and doesn't even know his poppa.   :doah:
These kids are just watching the news and learning that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

I'll bet 50% of the kids in the walk-out actually prefer to be in school, but walk out because peer pressure or they don't want to miss out on being part of the "It" thing to do.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Meanwhile, in Stillwater...

School Expels First Grader for Not Wearing a Mask

The school board of St. Croix Prep voted UNANIMOUSLY to expel the student, who has an individualized education program (IEP) for delayed speech and other learning problems

The academy serves 1,200 students from kindergarten through 12th grade, but only K-8th grade students were required to wear a mask during school hours, says Jake Lee.

“The kids walk through the same doors, they eat in the same cafeteria, they’re standing in the same hallways and waiting in the same spaces for the buses,” said Lee.

Having a different mask policy by age appears to be related to the demand for slots, says Lee.  “They have waiting lists for the lower grades, but there is no waiting list for the upper grades,” said Lee.

Didn't that l'il 1st grade shaver with a speech problem realize he was putting lives at risk?   :confused:

"We do not want to die to receive our education...," said Treadwell.   :angry2:
« Last Edit: January 01/19/22, 11:48:01 AM by Steve-o »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sad indeed...

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
sad indeed...
  More than just a little crazy IMO too!!! :pouty: :doofus:
« Last Edit: January 01/21/22, 08:15:30 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

School Expels First Grader for Not Wearing a Mask

The school board of St. Croix Prep voted UNANIMOUSLY to expel the student, who has an individualized education program (IEP) for delayed speech and other learning problems

The academy serves 1,200 students from kindergarten through 12th grade, but only K-8th grade students were required to wear a mask during school hours, says Jake Lee.

“The kids walk through the same doors, they eat in the same cafeteria, they’re standing in the same hallways and waiting in the same spaces for the buses,” said Lee.

Having a different mask policy by age appears to be related to the demand for slots, says Lee.  “They have waiting lists for the lower grades, but there is no waiting list for the upper grades,” said Lee.

Didn't that l'il 1st grade shaver with a speech problem realize he was putting lives at risk?   :confused:

Well Good the little Bast-ard!!   :angry:

Mean while in MPS school district where I work for 3 more months before retiring!  3 teachers got concussions from throw chairs in a grade school!  The kids are still in the classroom!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
You an't going to ever hear that on the News, But I work there!   All 3 taken to the hospital, one lost teeth, one quit her job!  :bonk: :bonk:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
First thing you do is hit each of the parents over the head with a 2x4. Then you hit the kid with one if he doesn't toe the line.  Oh ya, you can't do that.  It may be bad for the kid.   :confused:  WTF is wrong with this world.  No respect from anyone. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

I should have been more clear about my post.

The first grader didn't say the part about not wanting to die in school.  That quote was from the student agitator who organized the St. Paul high school walk out - my post from earlier in the day.

I just thought it was weird that a 1st grader with learning disabilities gets expelled because he has trouble wearing a mask compared to these "enlightened" high schoolers demanding on-line learning because they want to see how much they can get away with.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: :confused: I suppose we could let you slide a little bit this time SteveO.  :pouty: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :bonk: Forgot to mention that the school's mask mandate here only lasts through Sunday.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :bonk: Forgot to mention that the school's mask mandate here only lasts through Sunday.
... Because the pandemic will be over by then?   :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: :tut: Because the plan they have in effect needs a 7% absentee threshold for 3 straight days in order to be implemented. They must believe they'll be below that level by then. They did require masks for most of the last school year though until the courts ruled they couldn't.
« Last Edit: January 01/20/22, 11:13:46 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
:doah: :tut: Because the plan they have in effect needs a 7% absentee threshold for 3 straight days in order to be implemented. They must believe they'll be below that level by then. They did require masks for most of the last school year though until the courts ruled they couldn't.

All of Mpls school district is still masks for all employees and students. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Did a little more checkin & it's only the highschool here. The new mask mandate is in effect for 10 days when it's put in effect & it was officially put in effect on Friday, 1/14. So it's over on Sunday, 1/23. So with the weekend & MLK day Tuesday was really the 1st day of masks here.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: January 01/20/22, 08:33:00 PM by Steve-o »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman