Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Haircuts  (Read 23999 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Baudette is considered the State's highest price in gas usually and yesterday it was $1.39 here.  And I am getting closer to making a decision on how this haircut program is going to happen.

The flowbee?   RRRRRRRRRRRRR.................... :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't believe I don't already have one of those.  That looks great!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
They don't sell them anymore...I checked
I suppose you can find one on eBay though  :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a set of guides that snap on the clippers blade, that you can cut down to 1/8 inch or leave as much as 2  inches..  I also have an attachment that snaps on the bottom side of the clipper that then attaches to a vacuum and most all the cut hair is in the vacuum..  had that all since around 93 or 94...  works slick!!! 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wahl-3173-500-Replacement-10-Pieces-Plastic-Guide-Combs-for-Adjustable-Clippers/39097357

this is close to the guides I have

https://www.ivory-s.com/products/vacuum_clipper_attachments_.htm

and the vac attachment....
« Last Edit: April 04/14/20, 04:08:01 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It doesn't suck off yer toupee?  :scratch: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

wouldn't know, I still have the majority of my hair.....  some receding of the hair line is all...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

wouldn't know, I still have the majority of my hair.....  some receding of the hair line is all...

I bet... :rotflmao:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can you give yer girlfriend a Brazilian with it?  :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool Mike..   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
The whole hair cut things not going to change or get any better until enough woman start hating their hair!  :taz:
Then all holy hell will break out and Walz will have to open some back up!  :bow:

They don't give a rats ars about men's hair!  :queen:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
My wife is already sniveling about her hair. :doofus: :doofus: I offered to help but no dice! Guess I don't charge enough. :moon: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Bet she was more afraid of the finished product  :shocked: than anything else. :rolleyes: :smiley:
« Last Edit: April 04/15/20, 08:20:41 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The whole hair cut things not going to change or get any better until enough woman start hating their hair!  :taz:
Then all holy hell will break out and Walz will have to open some back up!  :bow:

They don't give a rats ars about men's hair!  :queen:

My wife already complaining too.   And another month?   She has had to reschedule twice already.   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't developed a plan yet.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, they said covid can live on dog fur, so....what about our hair? Gotta think outside the box!  Lets's all do buzzcuts!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man he is pretty good at doing that.  My brother has been doing that to his hair for years now.  He said I should do it too.  He said it is liberating to actually do it.  It has crossed my mind but I just don't think I could do it.  LOL  Mom said Bar I just can't see you doing that.   :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Me neither, I just might return to my last days of highschool. :crazy: Well, except for that shiny spot in back. :laugh: ;)
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
O just let it grow out!   :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So far that is the route I am going down too.  Let er grow.  Let our freak flags fly!

Was that a Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young song?
« Last Edit: April 04/15/20, 08:40:03 AM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope. Tom T. Hall wrote it and had Johnny Wright sing it. Came out Summer of '65. Have it on a 45. ( I had to look at it... ;) )
« Last Edit: April 04/15/20, 08:52:06 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Man he is pretty good at doing that.  My brother has been doing that to his hair for years now.  He said I should do it too.  He said it is liberating to actually do it.  It has crossed my mind but I just don't think I could do it.  LOL  Mom said Bar I just can't see you doing that.   :rotflmao:

I’ve been shaving my head for probably 10 years, I love it! Don’t ever have to comb it, and I hate the look of gray hair. I do it my self, very easy. My brother says I look like a Q-tip?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My hair is white too.  Maybe a little grayer on the sides.  I asked my brother if he shaves it too and he doesn't.  Said that is too much work.  I remember when he first did it.  Was probably 10 years ago also.  I wondered what the heck is that.  Looks normal now.  I do have a slight urge to do it whilst we are all staying at home anyways. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it was Jesse Ventura that used to say. "God made a few perfect heads and the rest of them he put hair on."

A friend of mine who has shaved his head for years said that when it starts growing back it is like Velcro and really helps keep his stocking hat on his head in windy weather.  LLL
« Last Edit: April 04/15/20, 09:26:16 AM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   

My locks are still blond. Everyone knows blonds have more fun.  :sleazy:
« Last Edit: April 04/15/20, 09:35:26 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it was Jesse Ventura that used to say. "God made a few perfect heads and the rest of them he put hair on."

A friend of mine who has shaved his head for years said that when it starts growing back it is like Velcro and really helps keep his stocking hat on his head in windy weather.  LLL

Ya that’s funny, it does feel like Velcro. I don’t actually shave it with a razor, but I do use the bare blade on the clippers. It’s the shortest you can get it with a clipper.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So,if you guys get bored, can you take a fuzzy tennis ball, and play "velcro ball?"   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nope. Tom T. Hall wrote it and had Johnny Wright sing it. Came out Summer of '65. Have it on a 45. ( I had to look at it... ;) )

Tom T. Hall wrote "Almost Cut My Hair"? I'm confused Rebs. Well, more than normal.  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Me neither, I just might return to my last days of highschool. :crazy: Well, except for that shiny spot in back. :laugh: ;)

Same here. Graying sidewalls with a hole in the ozone layer at the north pole. Speakin' of hair, a friend was going through his folks stuff after his Dad dies recently and sent pics of us singing in our band. Locks were pretty long, a lot longer than now. Got a ways to go yet to get to that point. And we were skinny! Go figure... :huh:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Tom T. Hall wrote "Almost Cut My Hair"? I'm confused Rebs. Well, more than normal.  :scratch:

Oh you goombah....no!   "Goodbye my sweetheart, hello Viet Nam".... :bonk:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was done by CSNY.  Almost cut my hair.  Let our freak flags fly.  Good song.  On Deja Vu album.