Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Haircuts  (Read 23986 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it was Jesse Ventura that used to say. "God made a few perfect heads and the rest of them he put hair on."

A friend of mine who has shaved his head for years said that when it starts growing back it is like Velcro and really helps keep his stocking hat on his head in windy weather.  LLL

Ya that’s funny, it does feel like Velcro. I don’t actually shave it with a razor, but I do use the bare blade on the clippers. It’s the shortest you can get it with a clipper.

I keep telling wife I am going to get a buzz.   Last one I had was basic training back in stone age.   Sure felt weird at first, especially in shower. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Back when we were in Junior High and long hair was cool my buddy went in for his starting school haircut.  Of course we all told the barber to not take much off.  Well his oldest brother who was kind of the father figure in the family had already called the barber.  He told him that when Smitty came in to zing his hair right to the scalp.  LLL  Well my buddy Smitty got there and he was proud of his long hair.  The first move the barber made after Smitty told him to not take much off was to zing a patch right down the middle right to his scalp.  Smitty got mad and jumped out of the chair and ran out the door.  He was so mad he started crying.  He wore a stocking cap even on hot days to hide his hair.  I think his brother ended up smoothing it out as good as a novice can with a clippers when it had grown out some. We all felt sorry for him but it was funny as heck.  LLL  Whenever I hear the word Zing I think of my buddy Smitty!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
My Dad would also call ahead to the barber shop when I was a kid and make them zing me good. I finally refused to go when I was about 16, and all my buddies had long hair. When my Dad saw us, or any other "long hair hips" (He thought that was short for "hippies") as he called them, he'd holler out "Good morning girls!" Most of his Navy buddies were the same way..... :rolleyes:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
those darn squids!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Back when we were in Junior High and long hair was cool my buddy went in for his starting school haircut.  Of course we all told the barber to not take much off.  Well his oldest brother who was kind of the father figure in the family had already called the barber.  He told him that when Smitty came in to zing his hair right to the scalp.  LLL  Well my buddy Smitty got there and he was proud of his long hair.  The first move the barber made after Smitty told him to not take much off was to zing a patch right down the middle right to his scalp.  Smitty got mad and jumped out of the chair and ran out the door.  He was so mad he started crying.  He wore a stocking cap even on hot days to hide his hair.  I think his brother ended up smoothing it out as good as a novice can with a clippers when it had grown out some. We all felt sorry for him but it was funny as heck.  LLL  Whenever I hear the word Zing I think of my buddy Smitty!
saw something similar at the reception station at fort knox.    All the new troops got a haircut.....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Ya, they just opened the way for you jarheads!!!  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Ya, they just opened the way for you jarheads!!!  :rotflmao:

now ya are funny!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what my Dad used to joke back and forth about with his neighbor, a Marine! 
"Ya, we opened up Iwo Jima for ya!"  "Ya, well we put up the flag!"   :bonk:           
« Last Edit: April 04/15/20, 06:59:11 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what my Dad used to joke back and forth about with his neighbor, a Marine! 

it's all good!!!  got to have lite hearted fun!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

it's all good!!!  got to have lite hearted fun!!!

They did! And then the toasting began!    :drinking:
« Last Edit: April 04/15/20, 07:09:55 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

the way it should be!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi boys. Look what I got when we got home. Feels good. :happy1: the wife, she is a keeper!

Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Chris has your hair always been that short?  Is this your first real zinger?   :rotflmao:  I keep thinking about doing that but not quite there yet..   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/17/20, 05:17:26 PM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hi boys. Look what I got when we got home. Feels good. :happy1: the wife, she is a keeper!

you doing hers next!! :scratch: :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
i  like it!!!  :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Looks good!  👍
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I agree! Looks damn nice JB. What's her number?  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
One of these days.....

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
she done ya good!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes Barry, I have kept my hair this short for almost 20 years now. I think of it like grass. If I keep it short it will stay thicker. ;) :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Like I said, I am getting the urge to do that. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I agree! Looks damn nice JB. What's her number?  :happy1:
:tut: :tut: :tut: getin a bit personnal aren't ya!!!!!! :pouty: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Did the exact same thing in the garage yesterday as well. Haven't had a buzz cut since I was 12, which mom did to all the boys every summer! Dang it's chilly without a cap now!  :doah:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Did the exact same thing in the garage yesterday as well. Haven't had a buzz cut since I was 12, which mom did to all the boys every summer! Dang it's chilly without a cap now!  :doah:

Maybe yer pointy head just catches more wind..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Areodynamic! It is definitely more comfortable when it is warm out.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: So your faster now? ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep. Easier to catch the wife now. :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Areodynamic! It is definitely more comfortable when it is warm out.

And ya get better lift, too..... :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
looks good jb  :happy1: I'm up to bat today, gonna look like it snowed in the gerage..  :pouty: