Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: lab pup for sale?  (Read 6380 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
looking for a buddy,he put down his 13yr old,taking it pretty hard as expected,he's looking for a female yellow if anyone has a lead,much appreciated.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
good luck helping him find one.. someday i'll be looking to!!!!!!!! i like the brown colored ones, or black!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah I have goldens,(for 50 years) get grief all the time from lab buddies,calling my goldens "swamp collies" but dang labs are knot heads but once trained damn good dogs,couple guyz have "brown pup's referred to as "red" labs but agreed they look brown to me,huntin fools,hunting with my golden for geese last week was a treat as my hearing sucks unless talking about money,my boy would hear the geese coming way before me,let me know from which direction as well, thanx for chiming in glenn.
« Last Edit: September 09/09/20, 12:06:44 PM by snow1 »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
if inwasbto choose between lab and golden it be golden. labs have a glenn gene in them, you know... like semi retarded..
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   I have had 5 labs and they were all from different lines and were all very bright and loving dogs.  The owners have a lot to do with how neurotic and unmannerly a dog ends up.  Granted there are some knot heads of every breed but I have been lucky to have never had one.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I kind of keep my eyes peeled since we will get another one some day and the prices are out of this world. $1,000 is a low priced one.  Some are $2,500 and you have to give a deposit and may not get your pup for over a year.  They pick it not you.  Not the way I will buy one.  A backyard breeder looking to make a few bucks is what I will be looking for. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
We have one of each here, I'll just say this lab has some serious smarts over the other. Got him thru Cashmans kennels web, some litters you might like coming up.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have always liked Goldens too.  I worry about how much work it is to comb their hair after running through the woods???  I a sorry if I am off topic but puppies is part of the title.  I have seen a Poodlepointer at Outdoors Again here in Baudette.   It is the owners dog.  Great store too.  The dog is so calm and good looking.   I am thinking of checking them out too. 
« Last Edit: September 09/09/20, 05:40:54 PM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
if inwasbto choose between lab and golden it be golden. labs have a glenn gene in them, you know... like semi retarded..
:rotflmao: you looked in the mirror yet??? You ain't no friggin rhodes scholar either bucko. :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
glenn try an stay on topic here. snow ill keep an eye out.!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Poor glenn,rough crowd here....

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I remembered this thread from not too long ago.  I just realized that our dog Buddy is 10 years old.  Now I am looking for a nice looking lab or golden puppy.  Anyone find any breeders with decent prices?  Not looking for a high energy hunter.  Want a great companion! 
« Last Edit: September 09/27/20, 07:14:17 PM by LPS »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I found a lab breeder for my buddy located in federick south dakota,paper's both parents even though this wasn't important it was a plus $400 vs $2-$5k near the metro,these pup's hit the ground in may so I'm not sure if any remain?,If interested I'll check for ya.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you see any of the dogs? Snow?  I am interested,  or in a future litter.   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Just pic's,but who wouldn't love puppies pic's or otherwise.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are now trying to put the brakes on.  Sure nice to have only one dog that is very well trained.   LOL

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Guyz thinking about a new golden pup worried about long hair of goldens,remember this,two distinct different lines of goldens,hunter class is referred to as "working" goldens,the other "confirmation goldens,long thick hair,like a show dog,darn good looking tho,but hair balls twice a year,gotta keep em brushed.

Here is my "Duce" on good days ,not so good day's he thinks his name is "NO",but hunter or working class golden,short hair easy to maintain.

Offline birddogski

A guy named Kurt south of brainerd on county road 23 has some lab pups on the ground that will hunt.
3202776383-

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Guyz thinking about a new golden pup worried about long hair of goldens,remember this,two distinct different lines of goldens,hunter class is referred to as "working" goldens,the other "confirmation goldens,long thick hair,like a show dog,darn good looking tho,but hair balls twice a year,gotta keep em brushed.

Here is my "Duce" on good days ,not so good day's he thinks his name is "NO",but hunter or working class golden,short hair easy to maintain.

Darn ice looking dog.  We too are thinking Golden but have wondered about the hair.  Labs shed like crazy too so not sure if it would make a big difference or not.  I suppose they drag more water around with them too.  I would take a dog like yours in a hearbeat. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A guy named Kurt south of brainerd on county road 23 has some lab pups on the ground that will hunt.
3202776383-

I don't bird hunt much anymore but want a dog who likes to be in boats and run beside me on the wheeler in our woods, chase squirrels, go for walks etc.  Do you know how much he charges for his pups?

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS,lol hell my goldens trained me to let them ride on my wheeler wilst ice fishing or field hunting.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is cool as heck!  Exactly what I am talking about.  Nice dog. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Called Kurt in Brainerd.  He won't have pups till spring.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Snow.  Does where you got your dogs have any breeding going on?

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah gal is pretty sharp,sent a couple friends to her over the last few years,she's picky who she decides to get her pup's,when I first met her through a customer of mine who trained field dogs for Tom Dokken out of northfiel MN many years ago  I had a 45 minute telephone interview in the begining then with pup's on the ground a 3 hour interview at her home/dog kennel residence in lonsdale MN.this is my 3rd pup from her,all of her dogs that she breeds have champion lines,she train's them and is also a field trial judge,when you get one of her pup's you get 3 generation's of pup's bloodlines so no in breeding in her dogs bloodline, like most labs have we see today which makes for very hyper pup's and tuff training.

Most often if she decides you're worthy she'll pick you're pup based on you're personality,and give you partial registration until you get medical evaluation done on your pup,eyes.ears,elbows and hip's,all pup's have a two year warrenty if something should occure,Big business these days.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have no problem with that.  We would probably get along great!  Sounds expensive!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure what she charges these day's,but it depends on which champion sire /bitch had the pup's,all her dog's have blue ribbon traits,so yeah it ain't a couple farm dogs making puppies.

Recent litter,friend waited 6 month's to get his pup,cute little rascals....I  started my Duce out when he was very young,didn't shoot over him until he was about 12 months I think but he tagged along and stayed in the truck until the hunting was over,
« Last Edit: September 09/29/20, 12:50:08 PM by snow1 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:  Nice picks.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Its amazing how the labs and goldens differ between themselves.  The daughters golden is thicker hair and could careless if its -20 where the 2 black labs were thinner coats and the 2 yellows we had , had thick under coats and with thick otter tails. Both shed yet but not as bad with the thinner haired dogs.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ok fellers, Linda's coworker has a lab that had pups..  they have 3 black females, 3 black males and 3 yellow males left...  $200 to $250 each..  Sauk Centre area..  Glenn you mentioned your son might be interested awhile back..  I'll get the phone number if any of you are interested
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!