Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What do I do?  (Read 4253 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Ok....so I have a bunch of pears (yes, they have the black crap on the outside, but I can peal that off) what should I do with them?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
As kids my mom canned them. We ate a pile of them back then, but there's slot of sugar in the brine so not my cup of tea anymore. You think it I threw that recipe away even. Since G eats them mail them to him. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I don't do sugar....so, I guess they go to the squirrels and G....  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Make some wine silly.  Get drunk and shoot the squirrels.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
DK that is a great idea.   :sleazy:  You sound like management material.  :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
DK that is a great idea.   :sleazy:  You sound like management material.  :rotflmao: :happy1:

Never happen.  Those that can, do.  Those that cant, get promoted to management.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

Right up my ally,and smoking a big ole cigar.

Running out of .22 cal ammo,store shelves are empty these days...looking for .22 long rifle quiet loads if anyone has a lead.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Right up my ally,and smoking a big ole cigar.

Running out of .22 cal ammo,store shelves are empty these days...looking for .22 long rifle quiet loads if anyone has a lead.

I got an ice cream bucket of 22's .....but, I'm hording (and have 4 shooters for squirrel season)
I'm having a hard time finding 44 mag and 357 mag

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't even looked for 44 mag. I can't find 9mm, .223 or .380. I also can't get my 7mm weatherby ammo. I only have 6 shells left of that. I would think by now some of the stuff would be restocked.  :crazy:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
JB, Cabela's had (the last I was there a week ago) .223.... but you had to buy bulk. Jr was looking at them, I didn't pay attention to how many were in a package.

Everything else was only sold one per customer. And you have to get there early.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Not sure it'll help but this place https://www.glensoutdoors.com/ in GR seems to do a lot of gun/ammo business :confused: Might give 'em a look .
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the tip. Bulk is what I am looking for. Thanks Gunner I will check them out.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Ooooo Weeee, Son!

Those sumbich, gougers want $35 for a 50 count box of 9mm Blazer Brass.   :tut:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :oops1: :sorry: I didn't know that was their business model as I'm not  a hunter. Whenever I go in there there's usually at least couple guys at the counter looking at guns.  :scratch: The :fishing: stuff I get there seems fairly priced though. What's a reasonable price on that, Steve-o? :confused:
« Last Edit: October 10/01/20, 08:49:59 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Last year the FleetFarm price was either $12.99 or $13.99 for a box of 50.  Pretty much standard price standard ammo:  Winchester White Box, Remington Green Box, Blazer Brass, American Eagle.  On sale, those name brands would be a buck or two off.

You used to also be able to get off-brand stuff for $10 if you looked for it and bulk ammo cheaper still.

9mm was usually the cheapest because it is most popular; high volume sales and competition between makers.  Now with demand through the roof, they can charge what they want.

No need to apologize.  If you need ammo, and are willing to pay the price, it is good to have a source where you can find some. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah yes our "ammo" delima once again,I smell big gov't conspiracy until after election,can't take our gun's so they dry up  our ammo,obummer did the same thing back in 2015 I recall,local gun shop tells me No shipments coming in,anytime soon,even shotgun ammo is limited.,yesterday  wilst at Joes sporting goods I watched a family of four purchasing (4) hand guns for personel defence 9mm,shop had one box of ammo rat holed away for them to share,not good.

My .22cal long rifle quiet loads(hollow pts )supply is dwendling.my backyard squrriels know it thumbing they're noses at me raiding my feeders.my squrriel killing setup complete with rest.

« Last Edit: October 10/01/20, 10:49:50 AM by snow1 »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I was at fleet farm Sunday, and they had 22's on the shelf. So I bought 200 short and 200 long.

But, still nothing else......  :angry2:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanx HD,I'll check out FF near my home,got plenty of the high powerd stuff but need Quiet loads,LR for my critters....177 pellet rifle makes more noise than these 22LR,plus wood chucks just scoft at me tagging em with pellets,actually I bumped up the 22 cal Hp to sub-sonic loads(hollow pts) to clean-up the family of chucks I had as they are tuff critters to roll.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope,no luck for snow,seems .22 LR in hollow pt is a hot comodity nationwide,just my luck,did a google search nodda.anywhere.worse case for shooting might need to make a home maid suppressor and shoot the high octane stuff.

If anyone stumbles across 22LR hollow pt in quiet loads (710fps) let me know.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope,no luck for snow,seems .22 LR in hollow pt is a hot comodity nationwide,just my luck,did a google search nodda.anywhere.worse case for shooting might need to make a home maid suppressor and shoot the high octane stuff.

If anyone stumbles across 22LR hollow pt in quiet loads (710fps) let me know.

Didn't even know they made such a thing.   Went and looked... mine are high power or standard velocity or super speed...     sorry

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I stopped by Mel's in Spicer, and scored 2 boxes of .357 mag, 2 boxes of .44 mag and one box of .45 acp.... we're good for now.
« Last Edit: October 10/10/20, 02:03:01 PM by HD »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice job HD! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I stopped by Mel's in Spicer, and scored 2 boxes of .357 mag, 2 boxes of .44 mag and one box of .45 acp.... we're good for now.
:happy1: :happy1: i dont get out that way much anymore but that place has costed me alot of money in the past! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/11/20, 04:09:48 PM by HD »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1: i dont get out that way much anymore but that place has costed me alot of money in the past! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yeah, it wasn't cheap by any means...but they had what I needed.