Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Deer processing issue  (Read 2640 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I stopped by the butcher to get some meat to grill and there was a huge sign saying that they are not accepting ANY deer that still had bones in the meat.  I asked and he said that due to cost of disposal of bones was going to be north of 70 dollars per deer.  He said that most butchers were in the same boat in the metro. 

Better check with your butcher beforehand.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's crazy!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't doubt that reg changes are causing all sorts of confusion and grief, but how is it even possible that it would cost $70 to dispose of a 20 gallon garbage bag full of bones?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
not that i go to alot of different butcher shops, but thats been a thing for quite awhile now. most will only take trimmings nowadays, at least the ones i've been to.

i was still in high school when we started doing all our own deboning, only bringing in the scraps for processing. to me, thats part of the hunt. :happy1: put soe heat in the garage, some beer and have at it. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
From what I've heard around here, none of the butcher shops are taking any deer. They are booked a year in advance for hogs and cows. So.......I think I'm gonna be REAL busy this deer season....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
From what I've heard around here, none of the butcher shops are taking any deer. They are booked a year in advance for hogs and cows. So.......I think I'm gonna be REAL busy this deer season....
wow. That's crazy. Not even trimmings HD???

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Nope, they're not taking trimmings. But, I would call your local, cause they might

We will take trimmed venison...saves on my back!

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Since my mom went to the 2 meat lockers in Richmond this past Friday I asked her if she noticed any signs about not taking venison this year.

She said she didn't see any. I need to check with McDonald's in Clearwater. I had some summer sausage they made and was pretty good, do a change is in order this year I think. :happy1: