Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's your plans for the MN firearm deer opener?  (Read 3644 times)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
For most of the state, this Saturday is the 2020 MN firearm deer opener. Share your plans for this weekend? What area of the state will you be hunting? How many hunters are in your party? Will you be hunting public or private land? What other interesting info do you want to share?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
are group of 4 will be in itasca county, 2 will hunt in permit zone 169 and 2 in permit zone 197. my brother comes from wisconsin for the weekend.

the land we will be hunting is all public and owned either by the forest service, USA, or the state of minnesota. i just got done looking at that on the itasca county GIS mapping!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

we will hunt hard, all day sat and sunday, some or all but me sounds like they will head home monday....but being retired, and depending on the success i have no idea yet when i will head home. if my son fills his anterless tag and i dont fill by buck tag i will hunt all week long, he will then come up the friday of the second weekend to hopefully fill that.

we will hunt are normal stands that first weekend........then i will probaly venture to differnet spots/areas during the week when its less busy!!!!   
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
To reign over yu all as the the Champion i am!!! to continue to bestow my pressence at tru Champion! the do'er of good! Vanquensher of evil and maste of glenner!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
To reign over yu all as the the Champion i am!!! to continue to bestow my pressence at tru Champion! the do'er of good! Vanquensher of evil and maste of glenner!

oh my!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: so in other words just like every year pick up another road kill and feed us all a huge pile of :bs: :bs: :bs: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Smaller party at the cabin this year.  Just family, probably 5 of us.  Every one picked out what they suspect is the best stand for them.  I really don't think the deer care all that much.  :rotflmao:  This covid crap has got to end soon.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will hunt with a couple of buddies.  One I have hunted with for I think it is 27 years this time.  We did miss a couple of years here and there.  He has diabetes and is 74 so since he knows how careful we are and have SD very well he wants me to show up.  We will quarantine at his farm and won't go to town like we usually do and will just stay there.  I want to see him more than I want to shoot a deer.  I can shoot a deer anytime but may not be able to see him anytime.  If he gets it he is toast and he says so.  The other buddy is extremely obese so he isn't in much better health.  We have a great time when we are together. 

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Things could be all messed up.  My Grandson and s-i-l have been sick all week.  My nephew told me his brother's wife's sister passed away, so that family might not make it.  And the temps are going to be real warm.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Be very careful GT!  That's a lot of bad stuff you just mentioned.

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
My niece and another brother will be up there, but thanks.  My wife says I just go up to be with the family and hunting comes 2nd.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
My niece and another brother will be up there, but thanks.  My wife says I just go up to be with the family and hunting comes 2nd.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

nothing wrong with that!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
For the most part, I'll be cutting up deer. I know the kids are coming home, but I'm not sure who's all hunting.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Sitting in a stand and hopefully this guy walks by. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
this one i call...The Champ! caues gona take me to a repeat championship!!!
78.50"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That one would be a contender for sure.  Go get him.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a dandy Boar. Good luck!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
gota be a buck i just recieved this pic. huge body but can make out horns for certain.
78.50"

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Up with the new hunting trailer. In the stand checking it out now. Way to dang warm!  :thumbs:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!