Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL news  (Read 18745 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
holy mackerel the washington team beat the steelers........... :happybounce: :happybounce: :dancinred: :dancinred: no more undefeated teams!!!!!!!

to bad for big ben!!!!!!!! ;)
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that is hilarious.  I still feel bad for Lee though.  Sure hope he is ok.    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that is hilarious.  I still feel bad for Lee though.  Sure hope he is ok.    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yea as bad as being a browns or bengals fan!!!!!!!! :pouty: :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The Browns are kicking ass this year. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There's lots of chatter about Stefanski being Coach of the Year & I can see why. Looks like it will be their 2nd 10 win season since '94 & the 1st since '07. :Clap:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn right and good for Stefanski.  Good guy.  Wish we still had him.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, the sports talking heads have been saying for several years that the Browns finally have had the talent to win.

Now it looks like they are finally figuring out how to to do it.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Meh, there like the Vikings, only to crumble when it counts. But hey I think they have a couple ex vikings. Didn't sendjo and another Ddack go there???🤔

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Meh, there like the Vikings, only to crumble when it counts. But hey I think they have a couple ex vikings. Didn't sendjo and another Ddack go there???🤔
:tut: :mooning: :pouty: Yeah so........................................... :scratch: I think your really a Packer fan that's afraid to come out & say so. :doah:          ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: How's that battle with the mole comin? :doofus:                                                       :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
« Last Edit: December 12/08/20, 09:35:44 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sendejo is the only 1 I can find still on their roster. I thought there was another 1 to start the season too.  :scratch:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, the sports talking heads have been saying for several years that the Browns finally have had the talent to win.

Now it looks like they are finally figuring out how to to do it.

If the Vikings can't pull off some magic and get to the Playoffs.  I'm rooting for the Browns cuz they've been in the Toilet for years and could use a good flushing!  :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :mooning: :pouty: Yeah so........................................... :scratch: I think your really a Packer fan that's afraid to come out & say so. :doah:          ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: How's that battle with the mole comin? :doofus:                                                       :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
:pouty: :offtopic: :offtopic: :confused: :rotflmao: I'm gonna win that battle with them moles, it'll be the greatest win ever!! :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, That would be like the Vikes winning a superbowl.   :crazy:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, That would be like the Vikes winning a superbowl.   :crazy:
:evil: :shocked: :shocked: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:. I'll be able to tell tomorrow morning if I did all that winning. :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
If the season ended today, the Vikes would be in the playoffs... but it doesn't and they aren't.

FootballOutsiders.com says (and they have to be right because I googled them on the internet) that MN has a 28.1% chance of making the playoffs.

I reckon I'm taking that projection the way most MN Vikings fans would...  With odd like that, you ain't goona make it anyway, so tank and get better draft pics.

Lee, if you ever start looking at football threads again, 'da Bears currently have a 15.0% chance of making the playoffs.

For a Bears fan, I'd say this season is going better than most.   :blues brothers:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That makes sense to me.  We need to win more games.  Florio thinks Brady is going to slice and dice the Vikings.  Now I really want to see us win!   

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Deep down I do too.  I'm not a fan of tanking.

I think the game against TB will be a litmus test for Zimm and his staff.

The NFL seems to be figuring out how Zimm was covering up his corner back deficiencies and now they have to deal with Brady.

On the other side of the ball, Tampa has the best run defense and one of the worst pass defenses.  Will Kubiak shift the focus away from Cook and let Capt. Kirk fling the ball down the field.  Again - being a scarred MN Vikings fan - I'm not holding my breath.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The equation for beatin Brady lately has been to take away the short quick passes as his completion % on passes of ~ 10 yds or more is terrible. That & making him move of his spot, like always. Sure hope Kendricks is back as he just might the best short pass defender playin LB in the league & he's certainly the best we have. Gladney & Dantzler will need to have good games too.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The way to beat Brady is don't let him have the ball. Run Cook and keep running Cook until he flat out can't go anymore.

On defense play like the it's the 4th quarter at the beginning of the game. Get after Brady and stay after him. If the Vikings fall behind by 10 they are done.

As they say.... the odds are slim & none and slim has left the building.

Bucs by a bunch. 
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's been tough sleddin lately as everyone is playin 8 in the box tryin to stop Cook, not to mentioned TB's run defense is near the top of the league. The OL looked awful in the 1st 1/2 last week but they stuck with it & Cook finally broke a couple late in the game. I believe Cook will still get 25-30 carries as they need that to have the play action stuff to work. Zimmer hasn't been blitzing very often lately being afraid of exposing the young DB's. I think Captain Kirk ;) :laugh: will have a good game as will Jefferson along with Rudolph & Smith at TE. Curious to see what Zimmer comes up with this week on defense. Bucs are favored by 6.5 now but we're due for a good 1, Vikes in another nail biter.   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thursday nite football..........just the start of the 2nd qtr and the patriots and Newton are getting smoked 17-0!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  What? :scratch: :doah: I thought you wanted him to come play for us!  :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
watching the Lions and Tampa bay on the NFL network. the Lions defense looks like the vikings yesterday.  :doofus:
TB up 27-0 midway 2nd qtr!!!!!!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
47-7 Glenn. Detroit is struggling to give up as much as the Vikings...........but they are trying.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
With the Cardinals loss yday thanks mainly to the 49 er's 3rd string (ex- Hawkeye) QB C. J. Beatherd, if Lee's Bears win today they're back in the playoff hunt. :crazy:  Not sure how the tiebreakers sit with them though :scratch:, sure we'll find out today.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
If they let the Bears in they might as well let everybody in.   :doah:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: They've had a good defense most of the year & the offense has been better since they put Trubisky back in there. So you never know, 'specially this year. :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Some pretty good endings to some football games so far.