Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2021 gardens  (Read 104725 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenda!!!    now that's funny!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Found a real nice garden center in KC. Will be putting in peppers and maters at the first opportunity.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You always get nicer tomatoes and peppers than we do... :pouty:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
This year in the garden we put down that heavy webbed plastic and burnt holes where we wanted to plant things.  I’m tired of weeding.  Seen it on YouTube so I hope it works.  The other half of the garden is potatoes which I just till around so I don’t have to weed.  Good luck gents and Glenda on your gardens this year.  Now off to like 50 (it seems) graduations this weekend.
:pouty: :pouty: gardens doing good
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: first salad from the garden of the year. Lettuce and spinach.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No kidding.  We are just planting today and tomorrow. Did some yesterday too.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Starting from the front...is carrots, then beets, then kalarobi, peppers, tomato, dinner onions, radish....then last...green beans...
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Looks great amigo.  Someday I'm hoping you'll show me how to grow those blue smoothies.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok I give what are dinner onions?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Ok I give what are dinner onions?

Dddaaaaaaa......
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: kinda thought maybe those were them, kinda similar to my winter onions.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Kinda  :scratch: too! :doofus:         :rolleyes: :smiley: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks great.  I always start off looking great but somehow the weeds seem to creep in when I'm not looking. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:first picking of the year. And "ahem" unlike someone here whom we all know and love  :sleazy: :rotflmao: it wasn't 6 months from planting to harvest. :super smiley: :nerd:

:oops1: :sorry: damn Mikey made me. :confused: :smoking:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Those look great. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

What variety are they?
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Those look great. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

What variety are they?
crimson tide I believe. Really the only ones I plant.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I bet they're the HyVee variety sorta like the Morey's walleyes!  Be on my way to The Post Office at the crack of dawn... :fish2: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
That's one I have never grown. I have found that the best for me have been the round white ones. Like Hailstone, White Globe, Snow Ball and a few others. They always seem to be mild. Others can get "hot." I also really like the fall grown Daikons. They always seem to be Huge and mild.

When I eat some of the hot ones, my wife complains because I am walking around the house burping radishes. :sleazy: :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet they're the HyVee variety sorta like the Morey's walleyes!  Be on my way to The Post Office at the crack of dawn... :fish2: :rotflmao:
:nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
The wife and I took a trip around the neighborhood today and stopped at deadeye’s to BS for a bit and pick up some of those cannas.  I had to get the wife out of there though as he has it to nice.  I could see the ideas rolling through her mind.....rock walkway and a sprinkler system for the garden to name a few.  Then we tracked over to HD’s to shoot the breeze until about 3pm.  We were going to head to Costco but found out it was closed.  We did see an out of the way green house so the wife drug me up there.  She bought a few more tomato plants and a different variety of pickles.  Besides having to show my Dukes of Hazard driving skills to miss a deer and some winner trying to pass coming around a corner it was a great day.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn good day it sounds! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife and I took a trip around the neighborhood today and stopped at deadeye’s to BS for a bit and pick up some of those cannas.  I had to get the wife out of there though as he has it to nice.  I could see the ideas rolling through her mind.....rock walkway and a sprinkler system for the garden to name a few.  Then we tracked over to HD’s to shoot the breeze until about 3pm.  We were going to head to Costco but found out it was closed.  We did see an out of the way green house so the wife drug me up there.  She bought a few more tomato plants and a different variety of pickles.  Besides having to show my Dukes of Hazard driving skills to miss a deer and some winner trying to pass coming around a corner it was a great day.
so these dukes of hazzard driving skills  :scratch: :scratch: you talkin boss hogg and Roscoe P. Coletrain driving skills!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :scratch: :doah: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: hey DOTCH, buddy, pal  :sleazy: :nerd: went out and picked the last of the asparagus today and got to thinking  :scratch: :scratch: is there any type of weed killer out there that will kill weeds that won't affect or kill the asparagus?? Something that won't cost me 3 of my grandkids???

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Like what weeds we talkin' about?  :scratch:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My mother always said you can safely harvest asparagus and rhubarb up until July 1.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Pull the weeds ya lazy bum.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pull the weeds ya lazy bum.
:confused: :shocked: hey I pull plenty of weeds! :confused: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Like what weeds we talkin' about?  :scratch:
hell.  :scratch: :surrender: I don't have a clue. Dandelions, some grassy looking stuff that pulls out easy, roony take note.  :mooning:  :rotflmao: and some kind of weed that kinda forms a purplish flower to start with.

Last year I went out about mud august and pulled 3 gator buckets full of weeds

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Grassy looking stuff sounds like either Quack Grass or Crab Grass. Quack grass can only be killed with Roundup or similar product, which kills everything including asparagus.

Basically you are looking at kneeling and pulling.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Grassy looking stuff sounds like either Quack Grass or Crab Grass. Quack grass can only be killed with Roundup or similar product, which kills everything including asparagus.

Basically you are looking at kneeling and pulling.
I tried thing him. :doofus:
I have sprayed roundup in the spring, before its up but I'm not crazy about it.