Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Pickled sausage?  (Read 5866 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone have a good recipe? have a bunch of vennie polish sausage I need to use up,snow goose season is right around the corner gotta make room for a fresh batch of sticks/sausage

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
No but I can send you my address. :sad: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd never heard of that before.

You learn more here by accident than you do almost anywhere else on purpose.  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
there used to be a plant in Melrose Mn, that made pickled eggs, sausage, and pork hocks.. and turkey gizzards too..  we inspected there too.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Tell ya what,nothin better than a cold grain belt nordeast and a pickled sausage or turkey gizzard after a day in the field....

Thanx mike,looks like a winner.
« Last Edit: March 03/01/21, 11:47:23 AM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/32217/pickled-sausage/

there ya snow!!!

I just read the recipe.  There are some great comments you should read.  Almost all of them say to use half the amount of water mentioned.  Most also say to add some red pepper flakes or jalapenos.  That sounds good!  I may have to try it. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Tell ya what,nothin better than a cold grain belt nordeast and a pickled sausage or turkey gizzard after a day in the field....
I'll agree 'bout 'da Grain Belt when you's get back tu 'da truck, but d'ers gotta be some-ting better to put in y'er mout' 'den a picked turkey gizzard.  Just sayin...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/32217/pickled-sausage/

there ya snow!!!

I just read the recipe.  There are some great comments you should read.  Almost all of them say to use half the amount of water mentioned.  Most also say to add some red pepper flakes or jalapenos.  That sounds good!  I may have to try it.
[/quo

Agreed LP, My plan is to use franks red hot on the polish and pickled eggs....feel sorry for my hunting buds down wind in they're layouts,worse yet in a pit blind with no place to go.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Jeez grain belt,.... :doah: I'd rather do the gizzard. :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Geez glenn could be worse,buddies drink "old swell",step up from the "buckhorn" days...lol

I broke my beer drinking teeth on "grianbelt ponies" way way  back.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

For me it was stealing my ol' man's Pfiffer's.  I've got no problems now drinking "cheap" beer when its hot and you're thirsty.

I was going to say that it's too bad they don't make Pfiffer's anymore, but then I googled this...

Pfeiffer's Famous Beer

It got me all excited until I saw that this Anaheim, California "Coming Soon" website was created in 2018 - and no beer yet.  I think its going to be a long time until I get another Pfeiffers.   :cry:

« Last Edit: March 03/01/21, 01:23:53 PM by Steve-o »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

For me it was stealing my ol' man's Pfiffer's.  I've got no problems now drinking "cheap" beer when its hot and you're thirsty.

I was going to say that it's too bad they don't make Pfiffer's anymore, but then I googled this...

Pfeiffer's Famous Beer

It got me all excited until I saw that this Anaheim, California "Coming Soon" website was created in 2018 - and no beer yet.  I think its going to be a long time until I get another Pfeiffers.   :cry:
man we used to buy that by the trailer load... And better than grain belt. :evil: 3 cases for 9.99. bottles!!!y uncle was a teacher in the cities back in the day. During the summer months he worked at the schmidt brewery. He said when they ran short of schmidt bottles the schmidt beer went into pfeiffer bottles.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Pfeiffer's Famous Beer

man we used to buy that by the trailer load... And better than grain belt. :evil: 3 cases for 9.99. bottles!!!y uncle was a teacher in the cities back in the day. During the summer months he worked at the schmidt brewery. He said when they ran short of schmidt bottles the schmidt beer went into pfeiffer bottles.
We should have one of those guessing contests...

How many cases of Pfeiffer's can you get in the trunk of a Plymouth Fury?

I don't know the correct answer, but I my dad and the neighbor would make a run to Mendota Heights and fill it up.

(Didn't worry about buckling the seat belts back then either.)
« Last Edit: March 03/01/21, 01:46:05 PM by Steve-o »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: back in my younger days, 4 of us would go up spearing at the cabin for 9 days right after Christmas. We'd bring 21 cases of bottled pfeiffer's. Add that and not so good for you food it was worse then the scene in blazing saddles. :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

"Pfiffers" that's a brand/name I haven't herd in years,younger day's we drank most anything,phiffers was one I'll alway's remember,on a job one hot summer day drilling irrigation wells up north,farmer came out with a cooler of pfiffers towards the evening as we were closing down our rig,buddy cracked the first bottle,took a big pull and coughed up a leech or a blood sucker,last pfiffer we ever drank,farmer spilt a gut laughing.

Pfeiffer's Famous Beer

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: man this thread sure took a quick dive.....from pickled sausage to pfeiffers beer............... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
cheap beer and sausage go hand n hand glenn jerky too.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: man this thread sure took a quick dive.....from pickled sausage to pfeiffers beer............... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Pfeiffers, the beer with the silent P as in swimming...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  Snow in the comments on the sausage recipe it said the cheap hot dogs work real good.  Let us know if you do the pickled sausage thing.  I am curious.  You be the Guinea Pig on this for us.   :sleazy:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  Snow in the comments on the sausage recipe it said the cheap hot dogs work real good.  Let us know if you do the pickled sausage thing.  I am curious.  You be the Guinea Pig on this for us.   :sleazy:
and since pfeiffers is a thing of the past.......dont forget the fox deluxe!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: