Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wood Shed  (Read 5698 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
One of my projects for this year, is to build a wood shed for the fire pit chopped 🪓🪵 , split wood.

I have the materials for it, I'm just wondering if you boys could share some pictures of yours so I can get some ideas.

Thanks,
HD
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
friends have a 3 sided open front pitched roof shed and seems to work well for them..  set it up on blocks to keep the bottom dry...  don't know if that's what yer lookin for but it's an idea is all..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
At the cabin we just stack it out in the open split in rows. Here at home same way but under my deck. Sorry no pictures. But I've seen some that are like a 3 sided shed. If that makes sense???
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Like mike said we us some kind of lumber to stack it on do the bottom row stays off the ground. The chipmunks like it to  :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would like to have a nice looking shed for that too.  My neighbor bought some rough cut wood from the local mill and made a great looking shed.  I will try to get some pics of it.  My overhang on the garage is just big enough to store my wood under.  Wish it was a bigger overhang though. 

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
No pictures, but I built mine 28’ wide by 12’ deep. Floor is treated plywood set on treated 4 x 4s resting on concrete footings. Front side has three doors-0ne six feet wide and two four feet wide. Walls on the ends and between the doors are 3 1/2 feet. The six foot door area was originally intended for lawn tractor storage, but has turned into winter storage for picnic table and chairs and dock decking. The doors are just openings to allow for air circulation. One large window on one end left over from a garage project to allow additional air, too. 2x6 framing.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
HD have a woodshed for you. 13’x30’. Cost is a thirty pack of Hamms. The bad; you have to move it, it needs sliding and doors. This offer is also good to anyone else, it’s where the new garage is going.
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hamm's...  :doah: :doah: :scratch: you and dutchboy should get together and drink your squirrel juice together  :confused: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn if that was closer to me I would grab it in a heartbeat. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
HD have a woodshed for you. 13’x30’. Cost is a thirty pack of Hamms. The bad; you have to move it, it needs sliding and doors. This offer is also good to anyone else, it’s where the new garage is going.

Hamms 30 packs...  You know a case of beer is bad when it is cheaper than everything else and they still throw in 6 extra cans.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We used to drink it cuz we thought it was cool to drink MN beer.  Haven't had one in a long time.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Where abouts is it?. ... do you have a timeline that it needs to be removed?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
A guy a few doors down at the cabin did a 3 sided job what Mike described.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

HD, he's on the east side of Alex... 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

HD, he's on the east side of Alex...

Ooooo doggy.... that would be a hall...

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it would be for ya, to bad a gut couldn't take it apart some and then reconstruct it.... 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
it would be for ya, to bad a gut couldn't take it apart some and then reconstruct it.... 
Dad did that with our little tool shed that we have. Broke it down to the 4 walls, loaded it on the boat trailer & hauled it up that way. It isn't nearly that big though, ~10' wide & ~ 12' long.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
My neighbor has Hamms all the time. Can't say I complain when he hands it to me and they are cold.  :toast:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm between Alex and Nelson. Not sure when I need it gone, the first digger is coming tomorrow to give estimate for new building and it needs to be gone before any dirt work. Need to get rid of the garage before we cut trees around it. Let me know, I have no problem loading it in the back of a gravel truck in pieces if no one can use it.

HAMMS, just remember it says AMERICA'S CLASSIC PREMIUM BEER on the can. :happy1: :happy1:
mm