Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Do you remember when  (Read 10644 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Wheat Prices - Historical Annual Data
Year   Average
Closing Price   
2021   $6.5056   
2020   $5.4980   
2019   $4.9414   
2018   $4.9757   
2017   $4.4014   
« Last Edit: March 03/25/21, 02:20:52 PM by roony »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Is that all categories averaged? Like I said it's been crappy a long time. The xcel spreadsheet of prices back to the late 50's is really eye opening. 

https://www.macrotrends.net/2534/wheat-prices-historical-chart-data
« Last Edit: March 03/25/21, 02:51:52 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
What I really think:
In general, inflation has been kept at bay since the double digit days I remember all too well. I think that dumping aprox 5 trillion dollars into the money supply from both the Trump and Biden administrations has got to bring it back. Hold on! I remember my economics teacher telling us, (tongue in cheek), that the smartest thing to do was to spend your money as soon as you get it because it would be worth a lot less tomorrow. I am somewhat pessimistic about the short to mid term outlook for our economy, not because of Trump or Biden but due largely to the pandemic and our response to it.
We shall see
« Last Edit: March 03/25/21, 02:43:56 PM by roony »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
In about 2007 or 2008 wheat hit about $18 a bushel for a very short time.  A guy I know here had many bins rented in the area that were full of wheat.  He sold it all and made a killing on it. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Roony you a dead on with that statement!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
In about 2007 or 2008 wheat hit about $18 a bushel for a very short time.  A guy I know here had many bins rented in the area that were full of wheat.  He sold it all and made a killing on it.

It was back in those years someplace. I know we had a customer with a few semi loads in the bottom of a bin from the previous year. He sent a guy to sit in line at New Prague or Savage overnite several days in a row to capitalize on that market. Asked him if he slept with a loaded gun while he was at it. 
« Last Edit: March 03/26/21, 11:00:28 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya it didn't last for long.  I'm thinking this guy made about a million bucks on something he was hoping would go up a buck or two and that is why he kept it.     

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That  :bs: going on with the Suez Canal will do nothing but help drive prices of a lot of stuff higher. Crude oil went up 2% yday alone, heard 1 commentator state that it cost an additional $400-500K to go the other route around the tip of Africa. An estimated $12,000,000,000 worth of goods waiting to get through there this morning already. :crazy: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Heck of an "accident". :scratch:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yea i'm sure its bidens fault too!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :doofus: :doofus: :crazy: :crazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they changed the wind speed to 40 knot winds causing the wreck,  still tgats a heavy load for wind to cause..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am intrigued in the Suez Canal incident.  Lots of things on Youtube I have watched about it.  There are a lot higher winds there than the 30 or 40 that they are talking about with no issues.  The port authority said that for a while the ship lost power and that lead to the issue but the crew is denying it.  I am thinking they must have lost power to have had this happen.  They pay appx 250 thousand dollars to pass through the canal.  A reporter who is Egyptian/American said that Egypt is so corrupt that they don't know if a real investigation will even occur.  He also said that the buildings and the rail lines in Egypt are falling apart from lack of maintenance.  The canal needs serious attention too!  This is huge dollars for Egypt annually.  The just don't use it wisely. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they changed the wind speed to 40 knot winds causing the wreck,  still tgats a heavy load for wind to cause..
:scratch: Yeah you got that right, they're sayin it's 200,000 tons!  :crazy: :doofus: :bonk: :banghead:
« Last Edit: March 03/27/21, 01:08:59 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
said on the news they hoping to free it this weekend yet...  time will tell.... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The Dutch have been there for a couple of days.  Noone better in salvage, towing, rescue than them. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
It's free and out of the way as of this morning....    :wowza: :wowza: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: good old cheech and chong.

And they'd need chevies to go that  :sleazy: :sleazy:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey man, I can't eat all those reds....   

Oh Wow, it was only an ambulance....   

This is good stuff, what is it?
Labrador
Labrador?
Yeah, dog ate my stash.  Followed him around with a baggie all day
You mean I'm smoking dog sh****?
Yeah. 
Not bad...

Offline pickelfarmer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I really wanted to shingle my shed  out back this summer but with prices the way they are probably not this year.

With all that moldy union money you got stashed away you could probably shingle your shed with gold plated shingles.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Where did I catch all these fish you ask??? right in the lip....

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I really wanted to shingle my shed  out back this summer but with prices the way they are probably not this year.

With all that moldy union money you got stashed away you could probably shingle your shed with gold plated shingles.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
well hello to you too!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Gladvyo see you back, even if it giving me grief. :pouty: by the way I get retired.

Offline pickelfarmer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

well hello to you too!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Gladvyo see you back, even if it giving me grief. :pouty: by the way I get retired.
I heard that!! Good for you. Now I suppose you gots nutin but time to trouble make!!  :smoking: 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: yep!!!👍 How you doing,fishing sugar bush yet. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline pickelfarmer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
:happy1: yep!!!👍 How you doing,fishing sugar bush yet. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Doing good! Kids are about moved out! Last year of high school for the oldest. couple more years left for the youngen.. Boys still laughing about the trick pulled at sparces get together with the bass..  ;)  No go on the Sugar bush.. There are absolutely no fish in that lake.. How you been?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good, enjoying the retired life. Spending much more time at the cabin now, that and driving my wife crazy. :sleazy:

Still gardening, but not out at that campground anymore. Should go out and see sparce again, been a while.

Great to hear from you, log in more often!! :happy1: :happy1: