Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Take a Mom Fishing Weekend  (Read 2527 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Take a Mom Fishing Weekend is May 8-9

Take a Mom Fishing Weekend — when Minnesota-resident moms can fish without purchasing a license — is Saturday, May 8, to Sunday, May 9. This special weekend is defined in Minnesota statutes as the weekend that coincides with Mother’s Day.
Most years, under Minnesota law, the fishing opener and Take a Mom Fishing Weekend fall on the same weekend, but not this year. Per state law, the 2021 fishing opener is Saturday, May 15.
Though the walleye season won’t be open for the 2021 Take a Mom Fishing Weekend, fishing is open for other species including crappie, sunfish, and under-appreciated fish like buffalo, sucker, bullhead or sheepshead.
Anglers be aware: There is an error in the printed version of the Minnesota Fishing Regulations book regarding the dates for Take a Mom Fishing Weekend. The correct dates are May 8-9.
For details: https://lnks.gd/l/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJidWxsZXRpbl9saW5rX2lkIjoxMDIsInVyaSI6ImJwMjpjbGljayIsImJ1bGxldGluX2lkIjoiMjAyMTA0MjEuMzkxOTc4NzEiLCJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3d3dy5kbnIuc3RhdGUubW4udXMvZmlzaGluZy9pbmRleC5odG1sIn0.jLAAzKXSqvLmebdvyOUr6_Uw3uyG4Iv3o4-GrQcIU44/s/6012527/br/103567737883-l
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
GT & 57 had a friend who ran the boat for the GR version of this. Not sure but I believe she has passed away recently though. Glenn's union was a sponser for the event & he usually worked it.
« Last Edit: April 04/25/21, 04:31:33 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
GT & 57 had a friend who ran the boat for the GR version of this. Not sure but I believe she has passed away recently though. Glenn's union was a sponser for the event & he usually worked it.
that group was Let's go Fishing  :happy1: :happy1:

her name was Barb. didnt know she died???????? she did look kinda in tough shape last time i seen her.

they gave up on the fishing tournament and now just ask for cash donations. said they dont make any $$$ from it. they also do a fish fry of some sort at the eagles in grand rapids!
« Last Edit: April 04/25/21, 05:31:55 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I don’t think she’s dead. Her husband died a few years ago.  I saw a posting  by her on another site in March.
« Last Edit: April 04/25/21, 07:56:21 PM by fishwidow »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Take a Mom Fishing Weekend is May 8-9

Take a Mom Fishing Weekend — when Minnesota-resident moms can fish without purchasing a license — is Saturday, May 8, to Sunday, May 9. This special weekend is defined in Minnesota statutes as the weekend that coincides with Mother’s Day.
Most years, under Minnesota law, the fishing opener and Take a Mom Fishing Weekend fall on the same weekend, but not this year. Per state law, the 2021 fishing opener is Saturday, May 15.
Though the walleye season won’t be open for the 2021 Take a Mom Fishing Weekend, fishing is open for other species including crappie, sunfish, and under-appreciated fish like buffalo, sucker, bullhead or sheepshead.
Anglers be aware: There is an error in the printed version of the Minnesota Fishing Regulations book regarding the dates for Take a Mom Fishing Weekend. The correct dates are May 8-9.
For details: https://lnks.gd/l/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJidWxsZXRpbl9saW5rX2lkIjoxMDIsInVyaSI6ImJwMjpjbGljayIsImJ1bGxldGluX2lkIjoiMjAyMTA0MjEuMzkxOTc4NzEiLCJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3d3dy5kbnIuc3RhdGUubW4udXMvZmlzaGluZy9pbmRleC5odG1sIn0.jLAAzKXSqvLmebdvyOUr6_Uw3uyG4Iv3o4-GrQcIU44/s/6012527/br/103567737883-l
wonder if I could take the kids next door mommy fishing. :hubba: :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :tut: Ask Sue, I'm sure she'd give you the OK!! :doah: :bonk: :evil:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :tut: Ask Sue, I'm sure she'd give you the OK!! :doah: :bonk: :evil:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea.....i'm thinking it be one of them things where i wake up in the hospital wondering what truck hit me!!!!!!!!!!! :surrender: training-087 training-087 training-087 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: