Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: home defense ammo.  (Read 4627 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
With all this defund police B.S. happening today,I came across this 12ga load which is new to me but has been around for a long time...looks very lethal.The benjamin waa load.

https://youtu.be/vNsS-D_zx1s

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They have other crazy shot gun loads on the YouTube too.  It is a fun rat hole to go down for an hour or so.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that will put a hurt on some one!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Outdoor Life just ran a good article on +P ammo.  It doesn't always outperform standard loads.  A large factor is the length of the gun barrel you are going to shoot it out of.

+P Ammo for Self Defense - The facts and myths about +P ammo in 9mm and other defensive handgun loads

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
This crap sucks...
I won a bid for ammo on GunBroker, on May 22. I sent a certified bank cashier's check for payment. He received the check on the 28th of May...I still haven't gotten my ammo.

If you buy from GunBroker, be careful who you buy from.....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Bummer, knock on wood I haven't been burnt on gb yet but I'm always wary of buying on it. Did the seller have much history?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
He only had one bad review. So we'll see... If I get the ammo, it would be a REALLY slow ship.
I don't think that I would leave a review at this point, if I did, it would be a crappy one.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I think there is a process where you can contact gb into help resolve case like this without having to leave a bad review. Have you tried making contact with the seller? Usually a tracking number helps put my mind at ease. That does seem like a long time.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
He said that he would treat the certified cashier's check as a "personal check" and would take 12 days to clear (which seems fishy)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
He said that he would treat the certified cashier's check as a "personal check" and would take 12 days to clear (which seems fishy)
Yeah, that seems fishy to me. I just sold my boat and that check only took 5 business days to clear the bank. 5 days is what the bank told me it would be for the check to clear. Good luck HD.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I got a email from GunBroker this morning saying it has shipped... crossing my fingers...

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I was interested in a discontinued handgun.  On-line purchase seems to be the only way to find them because they don't come up for sale very often.  I saw one at a fair price (not gunbroker), but the deal looked fishy - just this side of too-good-to-be-true - so I never followed up.  Later I was telling a private gun shop owner about my search and he told me you would not believe the number of shysters out there screwing people - and that was well before the election and pandemic-induced buying panic.

I don't buy too much stuff from private parties on line, but so far I have been lucky.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I got my rounds today  :happy1: . And found something interesting about the packaging  :scratch: . The bar codes on the back of each box, were cut off. Why would you do that?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe they had to send them in for a rebate offer.  :confused: Only thought I have.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That is exactly what they did... claimed the rebate.

I had to do that for Federal one time.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
not factory they pulled the bar codes because they reloaded them to supposedly avoid legal action. 100 % speculation.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I got my rounds today  :happy1: . And found something interesting about the packaging  :scratch: . The bar codes on the back of each box, were cut off. Why would you do that?

When the ATF stops by they may wonder too?  :scratch:   :happy1: :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
That's why God created "boogie bags"  :rotflmao: