Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: doq question  (Read 4678 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i wanna throw something past you guys and would like an opinion.

long story short, the house next to me, yea the single mom thats kinda hot!!!!! :rotflmao: so that house has been empty for 2 months, for the last 3 weeks or so it has a sold sign on it with no activity whatsoever cept for an electrician van there earlier this week.

so my issue is this..............all of a sudden on thursday her 2 absolutley  worthless barking dogs, well worthless in my mind, showed up in her fenced in back yard. i havent seen anyone since then to even check the dogs.  :confused: :scratch:

they might be worthless to me but they are someones pets. and yea i have a soft spot for dogs.

SOO......what would you guys do in this situation??????? i really hate to get involved or get someone in trouble but........with this heat and humidity i do havee a concern for the animals!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Go ring the doorbell.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Go ring the doorbell.
nobody's lived there in 2 months???

There is an opening in the garage wall and house for the dogs to get in and out of the garage. Not sure if that opening to the house is still open. :scratch:

I would be of the opinion since the house is sold the previous owner would not have access to it anymore??🤔 But what do I know??

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
leave a note maybe on the door
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd try the doorbell also. If the dogs bark then ya know their still alive. Someone has to be feeding em, if you don't see anyone let em in or out you can always contact animal control.  That yard must look like chit if no one has cut it in  while.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd try the doorbell also. If the dogs bark then ya know their still alive. Someone has to be feeding em, if you don't see anyone let em in or out you can always contact animal control.  That yard must look like chit if no one has cut it in  while.
her yard has always looked like  :puke: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

oh i can tell there alive, all them R#@$%$# do is bark.  :confused: :confused:

seriously thinking of calling the cops, but really dont want to start trouble or get involved...........maybe tomorrow????
« Last Edit: July 07/24/21, 12:01:11 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
My advice as a pooch lover:   You can do whatever you feel......
If you've seen no human interaction with the animals for days, no lights on in the house to prove habitation, and the dogs are continually barking, with no signs of food or water that is noticeabale, that is considered temporary abandenment, which is illegal in the state of Minnesota. (Different statute from being left in a hot car) Continual barking shows stress and anxiety. Pooches can't call on you for help. Call Animal Control for a welfare check. That's what you're taxes are paying for. If one or more of the animals dies, or is obviously seriously neglected, there will be an investigation. Since you're a neighbor, you'll be part of it. if they ask you if you observed any of the above, of course you' ll do the right thing and answer "yes". At that point you will then be asked your reason for not reporting it.....
Call for a welfare check. You'd do the same for an older neighbor that you hadn't seen in weeks, right? I've done that twice; and saved one life, (by hours)  but it was too late by about a day for the other. Always wished I woiuld have done a WC sooner.

GENERAL CRUELTY * Definitions
MINN. STAT. § 343.20, subd. 3
General cruelty/Animal Welfare
MINN. STAT. § 343.21
st offense: Misdemeanor
Subsequent offense: Gross misdemeanor

« Last Edit: July 07/24/21, 12:42:41 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My advice as a pooch lover:   You can do whatever you feel, though......
If you've seen no human interaction with the animals for days, no lights on in the house to prove habitation, and the dogs are continually barking, with no signs of food or water that is noticeabale, that is considered temporary abandenment, which is illegal in the stae of Minnesota. (Different statute from being left in a hot car). Continual barking shows stress and anxiety. Pooches can't call on you for help. Call Animal Control for a welfare check. That's what your taxes are paying for. If one or more of the animals dies, or is obviously seriously neglected, ther will be an investigation. Since you're a neighbor, you'll be part of it. if they ask you if you obserbed andy of the above, of course you' ll do the right thing and answer "yes". At that point you will then be asked your reason for not reporting it.....
Call for a welfare check. You'd do the same for an older neighbor that you hadn't seen in weeks, right? I've done that twice; and saved one life, (by hours)  but it was too late by about a day for the other. Always wished I woiuld have done a WC sooner.

MINN. STAT. § 343.21

PS...if all works out well, then no harm, no foul.

I don't know why this post doubled up.....duh.... :bonk:
« Last Edit: July 07/24/21, 12:43:20 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well after agonizing over this since mid day yesterday. I just came back from the cop shop and expressed my concerns. They said they check it out.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well after agonizing over this since mid day yesterday. I just came back from the cop shop and expressed my concerns. They said they check it out.

Good for you.   They didn't notice you were a top Union thug boss?  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Good for you.   They didn't notice you were a top Union thug boss?  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: naw but I did wear my union hat. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My advice as a pooch lover:   You can do whatever you feel, though......
If you've seen no human interaction with the animals for days, no lights on in the house to prove habitation, and the dogs are continually barking, with no signs of food or water that is noticeabale, that is considered temporary abandenment, which is illegal in the stae of Minnesota. (Different statute from being left in a hot car). Continual barking shows stress and anxiety. Pooches can't call on you for help. Call Animal Control for a welfare check. That's what your taxes are paying for. If one or more of the animals dies, or is obviously seriously neglected, ther will be an investigation. Since you're a neighbor, you'll be part of it. if they ask you if you obserbed andy of the above, of course you' ll do the right thing and answer "yes". At that point you will then be asked your reason for not reporting it.....

MINN. STAT. § 343.21

PS...if all works out well, then no harm, no foul.

I don't know why this post doubled up.....duh.... :bonk:
you maybe a newbie. :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Well I feel more gooder the former neighbor ladies boyfriend just picked up the dogs

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you for notifiying someone.  A day or two ok.  But if longer than that there may be an issue.  If you don't see anyone taking care of the dogs let the authorities know.  Which you did.  Good move. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like a job well done!!!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the boyfriend gave me the thumbs up. :sleazy: unless I didn't see the middle finger. :rotflmao: don't care.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boyfriend????   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Boyfriend????
yeah she moved to sartell with her new boyfriend. He's been around a while. Dorky looking fella. :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Boyfriend????
yeah she moved to sartell with her new boyfriend. He's been around a while. Dorky looking fella. :rotflmao:

must have money and a tongue!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the boyfriend gave me the thumbs up. :sleazy: unless I didn't see the middle finger. :rotflmao: don't care.

Maybe he thought you were cute.  :evil:   :kiss:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Maybe he thought you were cute.  :evil:   :kiss:

oh my!!!  dats funny!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: you guys are sickos. :pouty: :confused: :rotflmao: