Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Canning sweat corn  (Read 4765 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice!  Great idea.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Some time ago I bought 3-4 of those corn peeler off'ers and wasn't impressed. Although I didn't use a drill.  :sleazy: :rotflmao: I tossed them out, can get R done just fine with the knife. :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thought at first  this was a Red Green deal! :scratch: Appears to work pretty well. Been a long time since we froze any sweet corn. Last time we did my Mom helped over 30 years ago. Seems like the process we used the corn was blanched before it was cut off the cob rather than fresh. Speaking of fresh, my neighbor's stuff should be ready. Need to keep that roll of shop towels handy in the pickup just in case... :huh:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes you boil/ blanche it on the cob. BUT the real trick is get it in cold water to chill it before cutting it off the cob. I think that cold water bath makes a huge difference. :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, did that too. Mom was amazed how cold our water was.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe a few less gin and tonics one nite you could get back into it again. :sleazy: :rotflmao: then throw the cottage cheese over the fence to the sheep. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of sheep, the #4 news at 10 last night had a piece on some guy buy Waseca that rented his sheep out to these places with solar panels to mow down the grass.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Some time ago I bought 3-4 of those corn peeler off'ers and wasn't impressed. Although I didn't use a drill.  :sleazy: :rotflmao: I tossed them out, can get R done just fine with the knife. :rotflmao:
You probably had the drill spinning the WRONG way!! :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                               ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You probably had the drill spinning the WRONG way!! :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                               ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 :pouty:

didnt you comprehend the i didnt use the drill part!!!!!!! :doah: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bonk: :doah: Do you think  :scratch: I listen to everything you say? :crazy:                       :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:bonk: :doah: Do you think  :scratch: I listen to everything you say? :crazy:                       :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:
:doah: :scratch: maybe you should!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Thought at first  this was a Red Green deal! :scratch: Appears to work pretty well. Been a long time since we froze any sweet corn. Last time we did my Mom helped over 30 years ago. Seems like the process we used the corn was blanched before it was cut off the cob rather than fresh. Speaking of fresh, my neighbor's stuff should be ready. Need to keep that roll of shop towels handy in the pickup just in case... :huh:   

Loved that show.  Still watch it once in awhile on You tube. Where we lived in ND we got 2 Canadian stations out of Brandon, MB. Watched it every week when it was on. Red and Harold were kind of like Andy and Barney.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I used to tune in Red Green before we got the dish. I especially liked the one where he made power windows for his car using a cordless drill.

The Canadian TV I remember from back in the early 80's was a hoot. The programming often hinged upon the hockey schedule. They'd have something on I was just getting interested in and they'd cut it off to broadcast a hockey game. Devils Lake TV stateside wasn't much better but at least they had pro wrestling.     
« Last Edit: July 07/29/21, 09:39:45 AM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
always loved Red Green!!!  great show!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Red Green is the best.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Didn't Glenn use Red Green for training films at the Union meetings?   :scratch:  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/29/21, 01:03:22 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't Glenn use Red Green for training films at the Union meetings?   :scratch:  :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :confused: :pouty: sure.  I'm out slaving away and you clowns are ripping on me  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
naw we showed wrastlin clips!! :mooning:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Mud wrestlin' gals?!  :evil:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Handyman's best friend......

Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Mud wrestlin' gals?!  :evil:
:sleazy: :sleazy: :sleazy: