Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Where are the Gophers?  (Read 44393 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
   :tut: I agree,  Dotch, & that's Howard's 2nd one of these as he got into it with Turgeon too. :doah: Read a pc where it sounded like his bosses where really :angry2:..................we'll see.
« Last Edit: February 02/20/22, 07:42:01 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There's that seks thing again... :confused:
:sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1: hey I still have a healthy heartbeat.

And based on emails I get from you, I'd bet your not sitting in the first rows at a church either. :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:
:scratch: Do they save you a spot in the BACK ROW on Sunday, glenn? ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Nope, I don't wanna take a spot for someone that needs it more than I do. :mooning: :sleazy: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: Poor soul!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
2 year contract with Direct TV. Expires in Sept. May not go back. Would love to be able to get Mid-Continent.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Juwan Howard suspended the rest of the regular season with a $40K fine. Greg Gard gets a 10K fine, no suspension. Michigan's Moussa Diabate and Terrance Williams II, and Jahcobi Neath of Wisconsin will be sitting out their team's next game. Won't be of much consequence in the Gophers game. Neath has scored a whopping 31 pts. and played 150 minutes all season. A minor bench player at best.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought it might cost Howard his job at 1st, but I guess not. He did get into it with Turgeon at BIG 10 Tourney last year too but that didn't get physical. I've seen many post-game lines where the coaches were upset with each other, but this was way over the top. Howard got the stiffer penalty as he should IMO but Gard didn't use the best judgement either as he should've seen how :angry2: Howard was & steered clear of him instead of putting his hands on him attempting to explain his side of it.  :pouty: :thumbs:
« Last Edit: February 02/22/22, 02:33:10 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just read where the university of Eisc is going to pay the fine for the coach! :scratch:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I thought Bucky got off pretty easy, probably too easy. Should've given Gard at least a one game suspension. I read the letter from the WI athletic dept. basically saying they did nothing wrong. This from the same outfit covering for Davison's antics the last 5 seasons.  :rolleyes: I read Howard's apology. See if he means it now.  :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mich St vs Ia @ 6:00 on ESPN tonight :cheerleader:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
And in IA City at Carver Hawkeye Arena. Be good to see Frannie's Phenoms best Sparty. Hopefully there are no complications during chores tonite. Wife had the day off so she should have most of them done by the time I get home. Ya right...:rolleyes:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Keegan got off to another fast start, 14 pts in < 8 minutes, then Frannie's oldest :scratch: came in & drained a couple quick 3's. Quickly up by 20 & the game was pretty much over. Hawks shot better, 43% from the field & deep, & won the TO battle too. We don't see Izzo's squad get beat like that very often :happy1: :cool:, so I had a couple extra. :toast: I hope they can keep it going. :cheerleader:
« Last Edit: February 02/23/22, 07:36:23 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Fun to watch Izzo get a taste of his own medicine that's fer sure. Every time Sparty got within 10 pts., the Hawkeyes would put on a burst. Pretty unselfish play and nice to have the luxury of a deep bench.

Watched the Fuskers lose to Northwestern afterwards. The Fuskers have one guy worth a crap and the rest of the team, not so much. Freddie must be having second thoughts.

Gophers tonite against Bucky at 8 on BTN. Hopefully the Barn is rockin'. Don't forget to wear yer cup!  :coffee:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, all 14 got in the game & 11 of 'em scored. :bow: I think it was about the same for Oh St. Would love to hear the Barn serenade ol' BD with some Nananana hey hey ................goodbye tonight. :happy1: :cool:
« Last Edit: February 02/23/22, 04:11:22 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gophers won the TO battle but Davis & their bigs killed 'em on the boards.  :pouty:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Tough loss. Especially to a team loaded with Minn kids. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, last minute flurry but just couldn't quite get over the hump at the end. Had Davis fouled out a few minutes earlier, might've been a different scenario. They did a pretty good job of keeping him bottled up on the offensive end. The very best thing about this game was we won't have to put up with Brad Davison's BS at The Barn anymore. Still remember watching him purposely trip & injure Nate Mason then sticking his leg out to cause Jordan Murphy to land awkwardly, the kind of play that wrecks ankles and knees. Good thing Murph kept his cool or they would've been picking up pieces of Brad Davison with a stick and a spoon. Good riddance!

Next up: Indiana at The Barn Sunday on ESPN2 @ 5 p.m.   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :crazy: game last night in Champaign, Oh St was down 15 early & led by 15 late but had to hang for the win. Hawks have the late game tonight in Lincoln & on FS1. This is no time for a letdown. :cheerleader:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I usually start following college hoops around tourney time. Does any big 10 team have a chance???

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I saw that IL got beat last nite when I was looking my phone this a.m. I know they were ahead at the half but just barely after coming out of the gate like a house afire. The Fuskers on their home turf is always dicey especially this time of year. They have nothing to lose. Luckily they are a really bad basketball team, even worse than the Gophers. 

As far as who in the Big 10 might have a chance of a run, Purdue & possibly IL, but all the teams at the top can and have had some off nights as IL just showed. WI if they can play their slow tempo but their Achilles heel has always been relying on too many big, slow white guys. The Gophers almost beat them so matched up against a team with a better inside game, more speed & a deeper bench, a longshot at best. I'd say look out for the Big 12.   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Some depth inside & teams the get really good guard play usually do well in March. I think the top 5-6 teams in the BIG 10 have a good chance to win some games in the NCAA but I agree Purdue & Illinois probably have the best shot to advance the furthest.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice win for Frannie & the boys. The Fuskers gave them a tussle in the 1st half but looked like they were in control most of the 2nd half. Gotta admit I was flipping between that and Gopher hockey. Gophers took revenge on Bucky for the rude treatment the BB received the other nite. Big 5 - 0 win over the Bucking Fadgers. Take that Brad Davison! 😎

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually it was about 1/2 way through the 2nd when they went on a 11-0 run with the help of 3 TOs before it was really in control. Perkins led the way with 20 pts & 5 others had double figures. Hawks had 7 guys play 20 minutes or more too. :cool: The only real difference in the box score is on FT line & on the offensive glass. Glad to get out of there with a win :happy1:, NW next on Monday @ Carver.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Men's gopher hockey at 7 pm tonight on BTN. WAY better than hoops! :sleazy: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yuppers, Notre Dame picks off Michigan so Gophers are outright Big 10 Champs. Gophers score 2 quick goals 21 seconds apart right after that final just to make damn sure.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: February 02/26/22, 07:27:37 PM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
4-0 gophers in the 3rd....now get that shutout for the goalie!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
8 nothing to cap a back to back shutout sweep over Bucky! What doncha like about that?  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yepprs....pretty impressive hockey  they played!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Men's gopher hockey at 7 pm tonight on BTN. WAY better than hoops! :sleazy: :happy1:
:tut: :scratch: :bonk: Gopher hockey better than Gopher Basketball :rolleyes:.......................duhhhhh!!!  :crazy: :doah: Been like that for the last 20 years & might be for the next 20 too. :sad: Although I do think a lot of it is that it's MUCH EASIER for you to follow WTH is goin on when your watchin 1 instead of the other. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                   ;) :laugh: :laugh: