Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New MN state record set on Mille Lacs  (Read 2944 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Previous
PREVIOUS
Lake levels 11-24-21   
Lake levels 11-24-21
 NEXT
Next Up
NEXT UP
Mille Lacs getting good representation on TikTok   
Mille Lacs getting good representation on TikTok
A 2021 Isle graduate, Izzy Krawiecki, has become quite popul…

FEATURED BREAKING
State record muskie caught on Monday, Nov. 22 on Mille Lacs
Nov 24, 2021 Updated 15 hrs ago  0
On Monday, Nov. 22, Nolan Sprengeler went on the last fishing trip of this season with friends Kevin Kray and Zack Skoglund.
On Monday, Nov. 22, Nolan Sprengeler went on the last fishing trip of this season with friends Kevin Kray and Zack Skoglund.

"At about 9 p.m. I felt that tap on my Thorne Bros 9’6” XXH I’ve been searching for all fall. After a quick battle and a few ridiculous head shakes we had it in the bag. I didn’t realize how giant this fish was until I pulled it out of the net and immediately called Kevin over to assist with the buddy pictures. It measured an incredible 57.75” in length with a 29” girth. The next hour or so was spent trying to get her to release. Eventually we realized this was not going to happen and made the decision to bring it to a certified scale and crush the Minnesota State Record. She weighed 55 lbs and 14.8 oz."

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: :happy1: seen that on other sites!!!! what a monster!!!!!!!!!! of course some muskie lover was whining about it dying, i might of poked da bear a bit.... :sleazy: :smoking: saying dead or alive that would of went on my wall!!!!!!!! :evil:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Article in today's paper claims the DNR electrofished a 61.5" beast in 2019 on the pond. Nonetheless some giants.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Article in today's paper claims the DNR electrofished a 61.5" beast in 2019 on the pond. Nonetheless some giants.
makes yea think twice about dipping your toes in the water dont it??????  :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
makes yea think twice about dipping your toes in the water dont it??????  :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
aw, keep your toe rings off Glenn and you'll be fine!!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
aw, keep your toe rings off Glenn and you'll be fine!!  :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1: seen that on other sites!!!! what a monster!!!!!!!!!! of course some muskie lover was whining about it dying, i might of poked da bear a bit.... :sleazy: :smoking: saying dead or alive that would of went on my wall!!!!!!!! :evil:
Didn't see much news at all yday but seen this on the early news down here today too. They said at the end of the pc the they tried to revive it but it didn't appear it was going to survive. :scratch:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's whay I heard to Gunner...  he's having it mounted... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Indeed a dandy,it was just a matter of time before she would be kept,suspect she was caught many times over the years,ones just like her as well,most muskie purists wouldn't think of keeping that nice fish...few years ago october full moon trolling for walleyes,buddy stuck an incidental monster on 3 mile reef,he called us over for pic's 55"s with tail curled on the boat floor,maxxed out a 50lb digital scale...CPR'd that night,so yeah every once in a while a giant shows up.

Or some die of old age or can't recover after being hooked like this beast found floating near myr mar reef,pretty sure this was a 60"+ girl that didn't survive.
« Last Edit: November 11/26/21, 08:54:36 AM by snow1 »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, the news said this morning "He tried to revive it, but it didn't survive the battle"
They also said that it was going to be mounted.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!