Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vexilar Battery Question  (Read 2636 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
The question is...Which one is better? Obviously the regular one is cheaper and won't last as long on a charge.

But I have heard good thing about the lithium batteries. Which is better? Or a different brand than these two....

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have heard good things on the Dakota brand..  and you will need a special charger for it too if I remember right... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Naming a battery Dakota is racist! :pouty: :confused: just saying. :nerd:

Seriously never heard of that brand. I may go lithium when my other ones go kaput???
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think they would both be fine.  Saw a thing on batteries on a 60 minutes type of show years ago.  They tested the best brands and the cheapest brands.  The cheap ones were as good as the best ones.  I still buy the best ones though.  LOL

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Another battery question. Where do you usually purchase your batteries??

I used to at FF. But now strictly go to batteries plus.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I bought the Amped Outdoors lithium last year and it's great. About twice as much as a regular battery but it weighs half as much and last much longer than my regular batteries did. I will go lithium every time now. I would think most brands would be good.    :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good information here. My vexilar battery died this fall while I was using it on my brush pull behind DR brush mower.  The mower must really beat them up as the original batter only lasted two years. Last year and this year I borrowed the Vexilar battery rather than buy one. Now I need a new one for the Vexilar.   :pouty:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
From what I've read, the Dakota one has a 10 year warranty?
But, I have (along with several others) a limited budget.
The Dakota battery is over a hundred bucks.
I found the Vexilar battery at Blain's Farm & Fleet on sale for $59.99......so I bought that one.

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1369624-vexilar-v-100l-lithium-battery.html
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I have the Amped Outdoors which was a 100 bucks but is 12 amp and the vex is 9 amp. I don't know how much run time difference this will make but the price was a good deal for the vex. You should never tun it dead in a day.    :happy1: